Vanster vs TW

Of course, these days a man can just carry a switchblade 600 to launch himself in about 10 minutes.

Good for about 50 miles.

Switchblade 600

This all-in-one, man-portable, 50-pound (22.7 kilograms) solution includes everything needed to launch, fly, track and engage non-line-of-sight targets with lethal effects and can be set up and operational in less than 10 minutes. Switchblade 600 deploys from the launch tube in which it is transported to allow the flexibility for ground, air, or vehicle platform launches at extended stand-off range. This provides operators with superior force overmatch while minimizing exposure to direct or indirect enemy fires. With a 115 mph dash speed and on-board anti-armor warhead, Switchblade 600 has the firepower to engage and prosecute hardened static and moving light armored vehicles from multiple angles with precisely localized effects, while minimizing collateral damage.

Equipped with a high-performance EO/IR gimbaled sensor suite, precision flight control, and more than 40 minutes of flight time, Switchblade 600 delivers unprecedented tactical reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition (RSTA).

This allows Switchblade 600 to transit up to 50 miles (80 kilometers) to a target area before conducting multiple confirmatory orbits, and engage in target prosecution – without the need for external ISR or fire assets. Should non-combatants be observed within the proximity of the target, Switchblade’s patented “wave-off” feature and recommit capability allows operators to abort the mission at any time, and then re-engage either the same or other targets multiple times based on operator command.

Mission control is conducted with a touchscreen, tablet-based Fire Control System (FCS) with tap-to-target guidance and the option to pilot the loitering missile manually or autonomously. Combined with its built-in mission planner and training simulator, the FCS provides operators with an intuitive platform to easily plan and execute missions precisely, while reducing cognitive load.

The system employs AES 256 digital encryption and SAASM GPS to provide the security, resilient communications, and signal integrity necessary to defend against electronic warfare capabilities employed by peer and near-peer adversaries in contested environments.

Loitering weapons are becoming a big business for Aerovironment. Earlier this month the U.S. Army has exercised an option on its Lethal Miniature Aerial Missile Systems (LMAMS) contract for additional Switchblade® 300 tactical missile systems for the Army and for export to an allied nation. This contract option worth nearly $50 increases the total value of the LMAMS contract to $122 million. Delivery will take place over a two-year period. In addition, the company also reported receiving a $13 million contract order to support the LMAMS in service. This contract has a total potential value of more than $40 million over three years. “The award for contractor logistics support approved through Joint Urgent Operational Needs Statement, reflecting high priority requirement and strong user demand from the frontline,” Hush added.

iu

I think it's hilarious that the tube has everything including a pad based controller / training simulator. So, if you just happened to have one, you could pop the tube and figure it out.

Can you imagine that?
How long until it connects to live chat for assistance?
:lol:

My name is Mandy. How can I help you?

Mandy - I need to use one of these SB 600s.

<dog barking>

Sorry - yes. What can I do for you?

Do I need to open the top or anything?

No no. We do that for you. Just acquire the target, use your fingerprint to tap the waiver, accept the TOS, wait for the ROE green light and it will do the rest.

Sweet! Thanks Mandy!
Hey Mandy, what if I don't have fingers?

<silence>

J/K Hit me up on Instagram later?

Last edited:
We need to take care of our genetic cousins like T-Dawg.
iu

Here....
iu

Go over by that rock and settle down.

Heck of a sales pitch for a mortar drone. I was sold before the second page. "What craftsmanship!"

You.fuckin.wish

dood, look at the signs. i hadn't even posted anything on this page, or even the previous page, and then you randomly come in here and post shit about me. pretty obvious that you're mad and thinking about me, gg :shrug:

Yeah - the Dave G tag caught my eye too. You went down into the warren the same way I went a few days ago. So, it's kinda like you got sloppy seconds ;)

Back