(So) what the fuck is with Russia?

Jagonath

Veteran X
So now they're thinking of sending long range bombers to Cuba.

Report: Russia May Send Nukes To Cuba, Castro Commends New Leader's Silence On Report, Says Cuba Owes Washington No Explanations - CBS News

Seriously. Are they dumb or something? If so, how dumb? Right now in terms of sabre-ratling, the Russians are lining up right behind Israel and Iran.

Even China, which is really the biggest military threat to America (or soon will be) is playing a political tea-party compared with the US compared to Russia.

Can someone tell these sons of bitches that the Cold War ended 30 years ago and no one in the entire goddamn world cares what they do or don't do? This is what happens when you put a goddamn paranoid KGB agent in charge. You can practically here Rambo in every line he says. "You just don't turn it off!" Does he actually believe that nuke defence in Europe is aimed against them?

as much as i don't want to jump on the anti-america bandwagon, i support this move by russia; russia has as much right to put nukes in cuba as america does to put nukes in europe.

So now they're thinking of sending long range bombers to Cuba.

Report: Russia May Send Nukes To Cuba, Castro Commends New Leader's Silence On Report, Says Cuba Owes Washington No Explanations - CBS News

Seriously. Are they dumb or something? If so, how dumb? Right now in terms of sabre-ratling, the Russians are lining up right behind Israel and Iran.

Even China, which is really the biggest military threat to America (or soon will be) is playing a political tea-party compared with the US compared to Russia.

Can someone tell these sons of bitches that the Cold War ended 30 years ago and no one in the entire goddamn world cares what they do or don't do? This is what happens when you put a goddamn paranoid KGB agent in charge. You can practically here Rambo in every line he says. "You just don't turn it off!" Does he actually believe that nuke defence in Europe is aimed against them?

China is a not a military threat to the United States.

China and the United States are so fucking dependent on each other that it would be like you burning down your bank with all your money inside it.

Get a grip, dude.

Read a book or something.

as much as i don't want to jump on the anti-america bandwagon, i support this move by russia; russia has as much right to put nukes in cuba as america does to put nukes in europe.

We pulled the minutemen out of europe a long time ago. Do you think Iran has a right to have nukes since India and Pakistan do?

I compare this to them wanting a base like we have in Diego Garcia. No problem, except we can explain a base there as tactically important since there are world enemies in the region.

What enemies does Russia have in N/S America? None. but they see the U.S. as an enemy.

I am not concerned though. The want to use it to refuel their bombers. We already track everything larger than a RC airplane there, so if things get heated and we see them launching bombers, an air force fighter squadron from FL or MS will simply drop them in the gulf before they make landfall.

This is stupid though. We are trying to put in a purely defensive system and they dont like it. They are flexing their diplomatic muscle. I say let them.

China and the United States are so fucking dependent on each other that it would be like you burning down your bank with all your money inside it.

Get a grip, dude.

Read a book or something.

Maybe I should have unbracketted teh "or soon will be". Obviously they are not a threat now. They'll be the second most powerful country in a couple of decades. They will be the biggest threat in terms of an actual war breaking out.

You're kind of proving my point though. The crap coming out of China is pure propeganda. There's no such thing as free speach over there.

The US is the easiest way for China to become prosperous, aka powerful. Right now they have enough internal problems to look after (Taiwan, Tibet, keeping Hong Kong happy, and keeping the 80,000 demonstrations each yeah (not to be confused with demonstrators) under control.

Right now no country is really a threat to the US, militarily, nukes aside. I wouldn't count on that lasting for more than another decade or two.

country-distribution-2006.png

country-distribution-2008.png

They sure have a long way to go to be a "threat".

Russia has backtracked into a fairly strong dictatorship during Bush's term.

They are playing energy hardball with europe and central asia, and i suspect this is a direct response to Bush's insistence that we place a missile defense system in eastern Europe against Russia's fairly strong opposition. Even when Bush met the new guy he apparently stood his ground on this matter.

Russia is making it clear that they wont tolerate being treated that way.

suicide what is iraqs insurgency cost right now?

seems like their 40 bucks per person is kicking your 711billion

well its the fact that 711 billion means jack fuck if you use it inefficiently. Fucking a lunch in iraq because of contractors cost america what?

throwing money at shit doesnt mean your better. Just means your wasting more money

russia doesn't give a fuck about anyone but russia, which you know, makes sense!

and tse: they are playing "energy hardball" because they've been fucked over. they were selling oil to ukraine cheap, ukraine resells it at a much higher price to the rest of europe, making big bucks. so they said fuck that and just sold it high to ukraine in the first place.

i see.

but weren't they also threatening other former eastern blokc states and northern europe? and arent there a lot of mysterious "problems" with the pipelines?

Back