So crypto crashed because of an explosion in a Chinese coal mine...

20x leverage bro.. See i think i KNOW what that means but i need you to tell me because that sounds alot like calls/options on crypto and i dont want that to be true because if thats true im going to register soo fucking hard on that exchange my wife is going to panic...

So.. If it calculating the 300% return because its all margin? or is it allowing you to buy pricepoints for 100 coins at a % of the cost of the coin?

20x leverage bro.. See i think i KNOW what that means but i need you to tell me because that sounds alot like calls/options on crypto and i dont want that to be true because if thats true im going to register soo fucking hard on that exchange my wife is going to panic...

So.. If it calculating the 300% return because its all margin? or is it allowing you to buy pricepoints for 100 coins at a % of the cost of the coin?

It's a calculation based on the collateral used to maintain the leveraged position. In this case i made 300-whatever percent on my collateral for the trade.

Say i have 10k in the account, I borrow 100k (10x leverage) to buy the futures, they move a few bucks and I close my positions. If i profited 30k that's 300%.

ok its calculating how much skin u have in the game and ignoring the entire leveraged amount. So its the same as margin lending. Damn i was hoping for options on crypto. That would be enough for people to start holding it on a level that could make alot of the coins viable.

I dont have the balls to margin 20k. i could never gamble with money on credit. but congrats to your gains.

Explain the difference, I'm not following you. How is the execution different between the perpetual future and an option? The leverage portion is optional...i didn't need to use margin to make this move but obviously it massively amplified the gains.

Explain the difference, I'm not following you. How is the execution different between the perpetual future and an option?

in an option you basically pay x%(varies) of 100 shares to have the option to buy the shares at that price. you pay the premium to have the option. So if i buy a contract for $1 stock for 20 cents per share its $20 for the option to buy 100 shares at $1. Then the stock goes to $4 i can either sell the option to someone else and keep the money from 1.20-4 @ 3.80 per share or $380 total or i can execute it and keep the shares at 1.20 and sell at $4 or whatever its at.

But if it does NOT go up and it tanks to .10 per share i can just let the contract expire and i lose my $20 only.

I'm sure you know this but you can use stop loss orders to minimize your exposure on the margin, you don't have to risk having your collateral liquidated on a trade.

FTX does BTC options. Deribit does BTC and ETH.

yea i get that but id rather just leverage knowing i can only lose my skin and be done with it. This way i can only lose my option cost but still allow the moon if i decide to ride it. When i know the EXACT lost cost i can live with the gains and losses. I know it may sound retarded because i could in theory just use stop loses to create the appearance that it is the same but i dont like paying margin costs on things like that and if for whatever reason i do in on something and shit hits the fan and i forget to put a stop loss i can lose 20k when i can with options just expire and lose my buy in.

them chinagolds look gr8 but tbh i think i made better use of my weekend leaving my shit parked bnb/btc and cooking up a batch of :bandit:~pueblo~:bandit: green chile

FTX is super intuitive, you set your profit and loss orders before you place the order so it's all instant. I babysit these trades until I'm in profit, then i slowly increase my "loss" order as the price climbs.

My account leverage is 20x but I rarely actually use that much. Usually under 5x, with crypto volatility i need to be able to shoulder dips without getting liquidated.

btw my strategery of pulling my initial "investment" (tbh it was a bigly deal 2 a basment dweller* like me, i don't have cash like amram/my dad/other crypto jews) and only palaying w/ the initial gains means i halve know "skin in the game" atm so i'm all diamond hands 4 reel baybee

*i'm no longer in mom's basement, now i live in my very own former heroin den

my spare cash atm goes into savings 4 property down payment(s) + parts 4 projekkkt cars that would make plasmatic have a rust boner

FTX is super intuitive, you set your profit and loss orders before you place the order so it's all instant. I babysit these trades until I'm in profit, then i slowly increase my "loss" order as the price climbs.

My account leverage is 20x but I rarely actually use that much. Usually under 5x, with crypto volatility i need to be able to shoulder dips without getting liquidated.

this makes sense. how much does the 20k margin cost when you need to throw it down for a second?

Fuckin pennies...

Hourly borrow rate for USD: 0.000007608575

I didn't even pay a dollar for this 3 day trade. In lending costs anyway! I probably spent about $100-150 in fees on all the buy and sell orders (they're broken up because of the quantity)

Hey Amram, I would like to get into this stuff, I have money, time on my hands and I'm naturally good with numbers but I know Jack about all this stuff, it sounds fascinating. I'm not the most patient person alive though, so where's a good place to start learning how to do the stuff you're doing?

How long you been doing this and are you generally profitable, do you need balls of steel and an understanding wife to ride out these margin bets?

Yeah I know Brasstits, epic troll bait, but Amram takes this stuff seriously and I would like to too, so I anticipate him being pleasant and helpful to me. #notsarcasm

Back