JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
282 - 08-09-2021, 18:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58130705
And it can't be stopped. No matter how much of your tax money you give them, they won't stop it, but at least you'll pay for their AC.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
283 - 08-09-2021, 21:14
**IT'S CODE RED, *****ES**
UR DEAD EXCEPT FOR THE FINAL DICK KICKS
HANG THAT JUNK OUT

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
284 - 08-09-2021, 21:26
Ah
The lush new green earth
brought about by Man

finally, breathe that fresh air
drink that plentiful fresh water

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-22-2021 at 11:49..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
285 - 08-09-2021, 21:31
**HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WHEN WE ARE DOOMED?**
THE ONLY THING THAT CAN SAVE YOU IS GIVING ME ALL UR MONIEZ
THEN I AM GONNA KICK UR DICK ANYWAYS
Hey - ima let you in on a secret.... shhhh
know what comes after global warming?i'll tell you
GLOBAL COOLING! JACK ****IN' FROST *****ES!
WHEN JACK KICKS YOUR JUNK IT WILL SHATTER

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
286 - 08-13-2021, 10:04
LOOK AT THIS HORSE HE'S KICKING YOU IN THE DICK

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
287 - 08-13-2021, 21:20
**THE OFFICIAL SONG OF GLOBAL WARMING**
**THIS IS THE SONG TO LISTEN TO WHILE YOUR DICK IS MELTING OFF**
**I'M GONNA ROCK THIS **** UNTIL MY COUSIN SHOWS UP**
**YEAH. GLOBAL COOLING. HE IS BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN ME BUT HE'S ****ING AROUND OUT IN SPACE RIGHT NOW**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzSPc0FoA
**CRANK IT FAGS**

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
288 - 08-19-2021, 00:09
*** I KNOW YOU ****ERS ARE TALKING ABOUT ME IN THAT OTHER THREAD***
***IT WON'T WORK, ASSHATS***

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 08-19-2021, 12:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
Ah
The lush new green earth
brought about by Man

finally, breath that fresh air
drink that plentiful fresh water
science has clearly proven that CO2 is not beneficial for plant growth

debonked

Dweasel
Banned
Old
290 - 08-20-2021, 18:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
nah, i think i'll keep it. it's actually worth something, unlike yours.

btw, when are you going to show us all your thesis you so lovingly talk about all the time. surely you're proud enough of it to post it here so we can all bask in its glory, right?
Thesis ....... Um about 80% of all thesis are practically of no value.

It's mainly 'make do work' that demonstrates that a person gives a subject "loving" attention while adhering to established protocols.
That's why Universities keep cranking out people with degrees .... the VAST majority wind up doing jobs that they could have done right out of high school. Vocational training or apprenticeships would be would be a far better method of preparing a workforce.

See, as soon as $$$ for degree programs dry up Universities will start offering Certifications for employment training.

Dweasel
Banned
Old
291 - 08-20-2021, 18:45
Oh yes, about global warming, ......... just one of a planetary cycle that occurs from time to time.

Let's say the Earth temperature starts to get lower,
and it would seem that another ICE AGE is forth coming, .....
um, what are "THEY" gonna blame on Gia's human infestation then?

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
292 - 08-20-2021, 21:12
**ATTN ALMIGHTY HUMANS***
**CHECK OUT MY POWER**
**WHAT IF I WAS ATTACKING YOU FROM WITHIN?**
*I AM SO KICKING YOUR DICKS*
**WHAT IF THE GLACIERS WERE MELTING FROM HEAT IN THE EARTH?**
**YEAH ****ERS - I AM EVERYWHERE**

Antarctica is fighting an invisible battle against the inner Earth, new study finds

Quote:
West Antarctica is one of the fastest-warming regions on Earth. For evidence, you need look no further than Thwaites Glacier — also known as the "Doomsday Glacier."

Since the 1980s, Thwaites has lost an estimated 595 billion tons (540 billion metric tons) of ice, single-handedly contributing 4% to the annual global sea-level rise during that time, Live Science previously reported. The glacier's rate of ice loss has accelerated substantially in the past three decades, partially due to hidden rivers of comparatively warm seawater slicing across the glacier's underbelly, as well as unmitigated climate change warming the air and the ocean.

Now, new research suggests that the warming ocean and atmosphere aren't the only factors pushing Thwaites to the brink; the heat of the Earth itself may also be giving West Antarctica's glaciers a disproportionately nasty kick.

In a study published Aug. 18 in the journal Communications Earth & Environment, researchers analyzed geomagnetic field data from West Antarctica to create new maps of geothermal heat flow in the region — essentially, maps showing how much heat from Earth's interior is rising up to warm the South Pole.

The researchers found that the crust beneath West Antarctica is considerably thinner than in East Antarctica — roughly 10 to 15 miles (17 to 25 kilometers) thick in the West compared with about 25 miles (40 km) thick in the East — exposing Thwaites Glacier to considerably more geothermal heat than glaciers on the other side of the continent.

"Our measurements show that where the Earth's crust is only 17 to 25 kilometers thick, geothermal heat flow of up to 150 milliwatts per square meter can occur beneath Thwaites Glacier," lead study author Ricarda Dziadek, a geophysicist at the Alfred Wegener Institute (AWI), Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research in Germany, said in a statement.

Because West Antarctica sits in an oceanic trench, the crust beneath the seabed is much thinner than the crust below East Antarctica. Scientists have long suspected that this comparatively thin crust must be absorbing more heat from the planet's upper mantle (which experiences average temperatures of 392 degrees Fahrenheit, or 200 degrees Celsius), impacting the formation and evolution of glaciers there over millions of years.

In the new study, the researchers quantified that difference in heat flow for the first time. Using a variety of magnetic field datasets, the team calculated the distance between the crust and the mantle at various spots throughout Antarctica, as well as the relative heat flow in those areas.

It's hard to tell exactly how warm the glacier is where the ice meets the seabed, as different types of rock conduct heat differently — however, the researchers said, it's clear that this extra supply of heat in the West can only mean bad news for Thwaites.

"Large amounts of geothermal heat can, for example, lead to the bottom of the glacier bed no longer freezing completely or to a constant film of water forming on its surface," study co-author Karsten Gohl, also a geologist at AWI, said in the statement. Either of these conditions could cause the glacier's ice to slide more easily over the ground, causing the glacier's ice loss to "accelerate considerably," Gohl added.

A scenario like that could put the Doomsday Glacier's name to the test; if Thwaites Glacier were to entirely collapse into the ocean, global sea levels would rise by about 25 inches (65 centimeters), devastating coastline communities around the world, Live Science previously reported. What's more, without the glacier plugging the edge of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet like a cork in a bottle of wine, ice loss could accelerate dramatically in the entire region, leading to unprecedented levels of sea level rise.

Researchers will soon have a chance to further hone their measurements of the heat flow below Antarctica. A major international research project is currently underway at the South Pole, including missions to drill ice cores that stretch down to the bed of Thwaites Glacier. Heat flow measurements from these core samples could give scientists a better idea of how much time is left on the Doomsday Glacier's ticking clock.

Originally published on Live Science.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
293 - 09-03-2021, 02:07
**HURRICANES ARE GLOBAL WARMING, *****ES***
**GONNA HUFF AND PUFF AND HEAT YOUR **** UP SO THAT HURRICANES WARM YOUR ASSES**
**LIKE NY. THAT'S ALL GLOBAL WARMING RIGHT THERE**
**DICK KICK**

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
294 - 09-11-2021, 18:41
**OK - CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG**
**LOOK WHAT THE MARTIANS DID TO THEIR PLANET**
Code:
The mission team also detected crucial salts
that might have formed when water flowed through
the sampled rock. The salt might have not only
trapped pockets of Mars' old water, but could have
preserved signs of life.
**YEP - THEY ****ED IT UP BY DRIVING CARS AND ******
**DON'T BUY INTO THIS **** THAT THE NATURAL END STATE OF THE UNIVERSE IS DEAD, DRY AND COLD**

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 09-12-2021, 01:09
**RED ALERT **
**SHIELDS UP **
**ARM PROTON TORPEDO**
**NUMBR1 GET ME A NUMBER2**

Last edited by HaPpY; 09-12-2021 at 14:59..
T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
296 - 09-12-2021, 08:07
When you get KICKED in the DICK enough times, pretty soon you get to like it

consultant
VeteranXX
Old
297 - 09-12-2021, 08:48
I'm getting tired of holding up my shield!!!

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
298 - 09-17-2021, 18:58

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
299 - 09-17-2021, 21:06
**YER ****IN RIGHT REUSABLE STRAWS ARE NOT ENOUGH**
*** AS WE LOOK OUT INTO THE UNIVERSE, IT IS FULL OF PLACES THAT DON'T HAVE HUMANS AND LOOK HOW AWESOME THOSE PLACES ARE***
***YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT'S LIKE WITHOUT YOU PESKY HUMANS****
**I WILL KICK ALL YOUR DICKS UNTIL YOU GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY***
**IN RETURN - I WILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE**
**CAPISCE? NO - THAT'S NOT A MICRO-AGGRESSION AGAINST ITALIANS**
**GLOBAL WARMING IS PART ITALIAN**

KGB_ate_myBread
VeteranXX
Old
300 - 09-17-2021, 22:40
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...106e59e5c7b993

WASHINGTON (AP) ***8212; President Joe Biden tried on Friday to hammer out the world***8217;s next steps against rapidly worsening climate change with a small group of other global leaders and announced a new U.S.-European pledge to cut climate-wrecking methane leaks.

Ever-grimmer findings from scientists this year that the world is nearing the point where the level of climate damage from burning oil, gas and coal becomes catastrophic and irreversible ***8220;represent a code red for humanity,***8221; Biden said at the session***8217;s outset.

***8220;We have to act and we have to act now,***8221; Biden said, speaking on a specially erected White House set that showed virtual arrays of solar panels in the background and a wall of other global leaders listening on screens.

Biden, in the public opening of the otherwise private talks, hailed a new U.S. agreement with the European Union aiming at cutting the two entities***8217; emissions of methane 30% by the end of this decade. Methane, the main component of natural gas, is one of the most potent agents of climate damage, gushing up by the ton from countless uncapped oil and gas rigs, leaky natural gas pipelines and other oil and gas facilities.

Page 15 of 54

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [GLOBAL WARMING RED ALERT!!]

Social Website Bullshit