No Laurie For Me (NLFM) by NoGodForMe - Page 63 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page No Laurie For Me (NLFM)
Page 63 of 70
uno
VeteranXX
Old
1241 - 11-27-2022, 18:15
much better. at least val understands when hes being made fun of.

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
1242 - 11-27-2022, 18:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
much better. at least val understands when hes being made fun of.
I'm not sure about that. He still thinks he's the smartest guy here.

uno
VeteranXX
Old
1243 - 11-27-2022, 18:28
i hear you, but again. We are talking about NGFM. not everyone else.

You dont feel like making fun of NGFM is akin to asking the kid in the wheelchair how fast he runs the 40?

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
1244 - 11-27-2022, 18:44
Well he's a good sport about it, I mean oblivious

uno
VeteranXX
Old
1245 - 11-27-2022, 18:53
:cringe:

lemontw
Veteran++
Old
1246 - 11-27-2022, 19:01

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
1247 - 11-27-2022, 19:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
So you are tw?

lemontw
Veteran++
Old
1248 - 11-27-2022, 19:28
I am tw

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1249 - 11-27-2022, 19:46
I AM
TRIBALWAR!!!

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Old
1250 - 11-28-2022, 09:15
I am a house, a couch and a plasma TV?

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1251 - 11-29-2022, 23:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
plz give the play by play to the 2nd most popular game of all time

we need to know about the 3rd level ngfm
Daymn, I wish I had been playing this back in 2015. For some reason I didn't give a crap about updating my computer and didn't realize GTA V could be played on the PC. Oh well, better late than never. GTA V will be good for another year until 6 comes out in 2024. All those years of playing CS:GO getting killed by cheaters when I could have been playing GTA V.

The game runs great on the deck, which is incredible for a device that costs $550 plus some accessories (Memory, Dock, Controller). At home I have a monitor connected with the dock and it looks great. I've done a few missions so it's not the 3rd level but missions and activities. I've flown the stunt plane through the timing course, been to the strip club (it's girls in bikinis), played tennis, done a few chases, motorcycle repo, and the one where Michael tears down a house then runs from 2 hit men.

I've created my online character and have 9 million in my account because of buying the bundle. If any of you guys are on PC, then we can play. If you are a console, then it's a different world. The Steam deck is playing the PC version of the game. It's incredible the number of things you can do (mini games) along with the missions.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 11-30-2022 at 09:42..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
1252 - 11-30-2022, 09:32
Ok, you're all correct, I will stand back.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1253 - 12-05-2022, 08:51
I'm on the 11th mission, there's 82 plus side tasks. The order of each mission can be different depending on what character is being played. Each one takes about half an hour, like watching a TV show. It's good because I can play a mission while watching TV.

I'll probably start playing the online version and build that character up since I have 9M of money.

This game makes you hold the controller so all your fingers are on each button. In the past I would have my index finger on the fire triggers but that finger goes on the bumper buttons and the middle finger goes on the triggers. That's because the game involves driving a vehicle and shooting at the same time.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 12-05-2022 at 08:58..
ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Old
1254 - 12-05-2022, 08:55
The side tasks take half an hour each or the mission takes half an hour?

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1255 - 12-05-2022, 09:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
The side tasks take half an hour each or the mission takes half an hour?
Both take about half an hour. Side tasks can be things like playing a set of tennis, or flying a stunt plane through a timing course. If you know exactly how to do them, then I guess each task would go faster, but it's trial and error to figure them out. Each mission involves driving a vehicle to a place, stealing something or having a shoot out with bad guys or the cops, then making an escape. If you die in a task, then you start it over (Stunt Plane). If you die in a mission, there are check points and you pick up at a certain spot. But sometimes that check point can be a few minutes behind where you were and then you have to get back to that spot and try again. For example, the Father/Son Mission #5 is really hard, because you have to chase down the boat, then shoot a bad guy while driving. If you don't shoot the guy fast enough, then you fail the mission. I skipped it, because failing the mission means starting over from the beginning of the chase. Other people got lucky and did it. This is why you have to hold the controller the correct way.

Right now Michael needs money, so he's going to rob a jewelry store (Mission 14). This involves casing out the joint by walking inside and taking pictures with a camera hidden in eye glasses. The next mission is stealing a pest control van. Then another mission to get knock out gas from a delivery truck. The heist is for Michael to walk into the jewelry store as a pest control worker with a gas mask on, put knock out gas in the vents, cut the alarm connection, steal the jewels, and get away. This is done with other characters that are in on the heist.

It's all in the walk through here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8n4DQRVnEg
Skip to 02:10:00 and start watching. Michael hides the pest control van, shoots the driver of the delivery truck, and takes the knock out gas. That's where I'm at right now. Click on the More button of the video and you can see all the chapters.

The game has 20 hours of content, and that's an expert going through with short cuts (driving on rail road tracks and drainage canals to reach the destinations faster).

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 12-05-2022 at 09:34..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
1256 - 12-05-2022, 09:21
How have you dealt with the control changes

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1257 - 12-05-2022, 09:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
How have you dealt with the control changes
You mean the controller? I'm using an 8 Bit Do controller that is connected to the deck.
Amazon.com: AKNES 8BitDo Pro 2 Bluetooth Wireless Controller for Switch / Switch OLED with 2pcs Silicone Joycon Thumb Grip Caps,Gamepads for Steam Deck,MacOS,PC,Android Raspberry Pi(Clear/Transparent Purple) : Video Games
They have since come out with a better version that uses magnetic sensors for the joy sticks.

The deck sits on a stand that came with my case. I put it on a table so I can sit on the couch, watch TV, and play the deck using the controller. At home my deck is connected to a monitor.
Amazon.com: Protective Case for Steam Deck, YIZEIJOB Accessories for Steamdeck, 12-In-1 Set Including TPU Shockproof Cover Skin, Dock Stand, Screen Protector, Touch Pad Stickers, Thumb Caps-Black : Video Games

Then I hold the controller the correct way and play. How do I get used to the controller versus a keyboard and mouse? By playing, it's hard when shooting but I'm getting better at it. And what's crazy is the very first mission involves shooting cops to get away. Somehow I did it after trying a bunch of times and watching the walk through so I knew what to do. How do I know what buttons to push? There is a map of the controller in the settings tab. It took me a while to figure out where the buttons were, but I eventually got it. If I get stuck on something (boat mission) then I watch the walk through and other videos to figure it out.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 12-05-2022 at 10:22..
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
1258 - 12-05-2022, 10:20
Why would anyone want to skip through a 20 HOUR YouTube video?

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1259 - 12-05-2022, 10:34
To me, playing a 20 hour game is like watching Farscape on TV, which had 82 episodes. GTA V also has 82 missions plus 80 tasks. I'm not doing it all in one sitting. I'm playing a mission or task each day. Then there's the online stuff which goes forever and would be different every time.

If I get stuck is when I watch the video.

So why play the game in the first place? Because it's fun and gives a glimpse into real life. Michael is rich because 9 years ago he got away with a heist and enough money to live in a mansion. He's got a son and daughter who are bums (always arguing), and a wife that cheats. Franklyn and Lamar are not as well off (POC), say the N word a lot and don't have as much money.

The map is based on Los Angeles and it's an exact replica of the city. There's a video explaining the detail of the buildings and how they match the real thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZZdOLghlE

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 12-05-2022 at 10:47..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
1260 - 12-05-2022, 11:04
GTA is definitely based on real life,you're correct

Page 63 of 70

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page No Laurie For Me (NLFM)

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#teamlaurie , a part of me is gone , love letters to my dead wife , nlfm