Reload this Page Wisconsin Labor Rally Pictures
Page 5 of 39
NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 02-25-2011, 19:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoddy View Post
You're pretty confident, are you, that our poor K-12 education showing relative to South Korea is the fault of our teachers?
No it's the fault of our parent but we can't fire them.

Sponsored Links
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
82 - 02-25-2011, 19:55
The poor educational showing is 100% on tantric rex

He is the one US student used in every sample

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
83 - 02-25-2011, 19:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
This is a very real issue for Mary and me. If people think we're being greedy, it's their right to say that. If people don't agree with what we're doing and why we're doing it, they have the right to do that also. If people disagree ideologically, they can say so, like you did and I welcome that kind of comment.

However, people also have the right to say that it's very much in my character to lead others in demanding a free handout, and taunt me about my alcoholism. It doesn't really have anything to do with the issues here or this thread. But sure, Scooby has the right to do it, and he invoked it.
um
Quote:
That's a mighty intelligent counter argument right there.
This is Friday afternoon however, so it's not completely unexpected.

Also taking that so personal is your choice and you decided to be a prick about it. There are "real issues" for me as well but this is TW and there isnt one person here who aligns in thinking like I do so I dont give a poop.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 02-25-2011, 19:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantric Rex View Post
U.S. Education Slips In Rankings - CBS News

Read more: U.S. slipping in education rankings - UPI.com

The US is falling like a rock in education but we should just keep giving teachers more money where in any other job a poor performer would be fired.

I'd like to see more charter schools.
So long as we have a pool of 25% well educated kids it doesn't really all that much. The US needs factories to come back and we dont need geniuses for that. We need soldiers that will work for low pay and keep their mouths shut. I know that sounds harsh but this recession has much to do with an equilibrium shift in the global economy.

I also do not think you can entirely put this on the shoulders of our teachers. Policies (no child left behind) and certain cultures not valueing education play a large part as well.

That's not to say there aren't teachers that abuse the system.

BlueSoxSWJ
VeteranX
Old
85 - 02-25-2011, 19:59

Animo
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 02-25-2011, 20:04
so we should give trillions more to bankers and fire all the teachers, that will make the economy work awesome

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
87 - 02-25-2011, 20:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
No it's the fault of our parent but we can't fire them.
I'm a teacher, and I place the blame on both parent and teacher. The system (the philosophy that every child is educable), the union, NCLB, and the way universities train teachers are minor contributors as well, but the main ones are teachers and parents.

Tappy
VeteranX
Old
88 - 02-25-2011, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappy View Post
Pics of the woman's ****.

Buk Naked
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 02-25-2011, 20:14
Quote:
This is a very real issue for Mary and me. If people think we're being greedy, it's their right to say that. If people don't agree with what we're doing and why we're doing it, they have the right to do that also. If people disagree ideologically, they can say so, like you did and I welcome that kind of comment.
I don't think you're being greedy. I think you're being whiny assholes and I disagree with what you're doing.

After 13 years of busting my ass at my job, I get let go due to the recession. 60 and 70 hour weeks, excellent reviews, promotions - boom, gone.

$100k/year for my family of 4 to $0. It was a "very real issue". Try coming home and telling your wife and kids that. I *****ed to my friends for about 10 minutes. Then I got up and started to look for a new job.

The result -
$30,000 pay cut
2 weeks less vacation
$600 per month increase in insurance

If I was going to ***** about it, I'd ***** about it here. I might have posted about it once or twice, maybe not at all, I don't even remember. I was busy looking for a job and trying to stay positive for my family.

Now I see gov't workers - the people who have suffered the absolute least due to the recession - pissing and moaning on the news night after night after night...

Here's what I think:

**** you and your measly ass 6% pay cut
**** you and your $20,000 - $35,000 insurance packages
**** you and your pension that you contribute virtually nothing to
**** you and your retirement age of 56
**** you and your 3 months off a year
**** you for being totally insulated from the recession for 3 years
**** you for never having to worry about losing your job even if you totally suck at it
**** you for being whiny douche bags cluttering up my TV and internet night after night

In the end, I have confidence in myself. I will overcome this as I have every other obstacle in my life. You guys can keep sucking the government's dick. I'll be kicking ass and making my own way in this world.

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. I'll be doing, you guys can just keep *****ing.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 02-25-2011, 20:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
That wasn't much of a response to a pretty good rebuttal of your biggest complaint.
You're 100% correct. I've removed the name-calling, as that's just some seriously weak ****, no other way to say it. I'm better than that, just allowing myself to get emotional over this.

Shiloh, you're not an idiot, and calling you that was a weak thing to do when I was too riled up to type out a valid rebuttal. I won't do it any more.

Also removed Tantric and Scooby from my ignore list, as ignore lists are also for weak people. I'm just having a weak week.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 02-25-2011, 20:23
Buk, your post tells me that more people (you) need unions to protect them from exploitation and abuse. Your arrogant attitude that you kick ass and make your own way in this world (always amusing coming from people who aren't hunter/gatherers) has led only to your getting cut and **** on like the little ***** you are.

I don't see why you have to resent unionized workers for standing up for themselves simply because you are too proud and weak to do so for yourself.

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
92 - 02-25-2011, 20:26
Quote:
Shiloh, you're not an idiot, and calling you that was a weak thing to do when I was too riled up to type out a valid rebuttal. I won't do it any more.
STFU. Name-calling makes TW fun. I did imply you were a libtard afterall.

DropSquad
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 02-25-2011, 20:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
Buk, your post tells me that more people (you) need unions to protect them from exploitation and abuse. Your arrogant attitude that you kick ass and make your own way in this world (always amusing coming from people who aren't hunter/gatherers) has led only to your getting cut and **** on like the little ***** you are.

I don't see why you have to resent unionized workers for standing up for themselves simply because you are too proud and weak to do so for yourself.
Thats black man talk

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 02-25-2011, 20:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
So long as we have a pool of 25% well educated kids it doesn't really all that much. The US needs factories to come back and we dont need geniuses for that. We need soldiers that will work for low pay and keep their mouths shut. I know that sounds harsh but this recession has much to do with an equilibrium shift in the global economy.

I also do not think you can entirely put this on the shoulders of our teachers. Policies (no child left behind) and certain cultures not valueing education play a large part as well.

That's not to say there aren't teachers that abuse the system.
we don't need factories to come back, that is so 1830. We need people who can engineer computers and know how to work computers. They are the next efficiency breakthrough, well **** they already are and have a potentially unlimited upside once Artificial Intelligence is perfected.

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 02-25-2011, 20:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Naked View Post
I don't think you're being greedy. I think you're being whiny assholes and I disagree with what you're doing.

After 13 years of busting my ass at my job, I get let go due to the recession. 60 and 70 hour weeks, excellent reviews, promotions - boom, gone.

$100k/year for my family of 4 to $0. It was a "very real issue". Try coming home and telling your wife and kids that. I *****ed to my friends for about 10 minutes. Then I got up and started to look for a new job.

The result -
$30,000 pay cut
2 weeks less vacation
$600 per month increase in insurance

If I was going to ***** about it, I'd ***** about it here. I might have posted about it once or twice, maybe not at all, I don't even remember. I was busy looking for a job and trying to stay positive for my family.

Now I see gov't workers - the people who have suffered the absolute least due to the recession - pissing and moaning on the news night after night after night...

Here's what I think:

**** you and your measly ass 6% pay cut
**** you and your $20,000 - $35,000 insurance packages
**** you and your pension that you contribute virtually nothing to
**** you and your retirement age of 56
**** you and your 3 months off a year
**** you for being totally insulated from the recession for 3 years
**** you for never having to worry about losing your job even if you totally suck at it
**** you for being whiny douche bags cluttering up my TV and internet night after night

In the end, I have confidence in myself. I will overcome this as I have every other obstacle in my life. You guys can keep sucking the government's dick. I'll be kicking ass and making my own way in this world.

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. I'll be doing, you guys can just keep *****ing.
lol sounds like you need a union

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
96 - 02-25-2011, 20:32
I would like to be entitled please

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 02-25-2011, 20:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
so we should give trillions more to bankers and fire all the teachers, that will make the economy work awesome
bankers pay back their loans while unions take, take, take and then complain if they didnt get enough.

holy ****! did i just defend bankers? Van is cussing people out, i am defending bankers... something bad is going to happen.

Buk Naked
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 02-25-2011, 20:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post

I'm management. How can I be unionized? I'm VP of a small company and being groomed to take over, but am taking it in the ass on salary until my boss retires - 1 year. I'm taking the salary hit for the opportunity. Give it a year or two and if it doesn't work out, I'll find something else.

The people who need unions are the people on our floor making $8 an hour, but the unions are too busy maintaining the cash flow from the auto workers and govt workers. They don't go help the people that might actually benefit from it.

Animo
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 02-25-2011, 20:54
These people saying $30k/year teachers need less and $30Million/year bankers need more are truly mental.

Buk Naked
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 02-25-2011, 20:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
These people saying $30k/year teachers need less and $30Million/year bankers need more are truly mental.
I understand the argument for not raising taxes on $250k+ earners, but don't think it makes sense. The income gap between rich and poor has been increasing for decades and taxes on the rich are lower than they've been in decades.

Page 5 of 39

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Wisconsin Labor Rally Pictures

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
crap filled vagaina , liberal faggotry