News: TribalWar Vengeance Movie

It does give me allot of hope that everyone seems to be complaining about the same thing.. that means theres not allot of problems :)

I saw Col inv kill that flag carrier, lol. Will we be able to use the inventory line in t2? When I watched those vid from the T:V offical web site I was wondering who hit that MA. Looks like they used a lot of Colosus's game play.

The grappeler looks awesome and the physics dont' look that bad. It did seem like he was getting a little too much air time, but the skiing looked right. The physics seem to be somewhere inbetween base and classic.

It was kinda funny after watching Jaffa's movie.

Also I really like the little death hud on the bottom left, I hate all those witty deathmessages that spam the chat. It's funny for the first day but. . . And the FPS looks kind of low. I'm guess those vids were shot with max detail.

Last edited:
probably been mentioned but

holy christ those flag trails need to go... if you can't follow a flag carrier w/o that crap, unplug your internet.

I'm a bit more optimistic now. Mostly because it seems like the space will after all feel somewhat wide. Basically what we are calling for here is more gravity. Then maybe follows a slightly faster disc. I dont like the idea of shooting ut2 rockets at vertically moving targets. As far as I can predict that is... tedious gameplay.

It seems it would be too easy to track with chain as it is right now. I think a spread and damage like the minigun in ut2 is not the way to go with the chain.

I'm not sure if I like the grapling hook... it seems too powerful when you effectively have no gravity considerations since you have full jet after each swing. I donnu.

Anyway my thoughts are that the targets have to move faster for this to get exciting. So thats probably 'heavy'er' gravity. Like everybody else is fudgeing saying.

I thought the video looked awesome. It actually looked like a tribes game.

It is hard to tell just how fast you can get going during a freefall. On most of the falls during the video, Col is tapping on the thrusters to hover a bit.

im not even going to start with the things I dont like about the game

I DO like the grappeling hook though :D

ok, I'll complain about one thing, too "floaty" looking, like gravity takes a little to long to effect you.

Is anyone having a minor issue of the sound being out-of-synch?
What codec was used to encode this video?

As for the gameplay... air-time appears a bit longer than might be desireable, to my eyes at least, but... goddamnit, it looks so fun that i don't care. :D I want beta, just to be able to PLAY.

On a more serious note, a few people noted concerns about players being able to shift their direction of movement drastically using their jets. I'm assuming the prime example being the Pheonix light at (what appears to be) 1:14. Remember that light armor class is now "super light", compared to the previous games... maybe such drastic movement changes aren't available with the other classes?

How is the customization on this game anyways? skin wise, sorry, I haven't kept up with my T:V info lately

edit: eh, I'm going to try and not share my thoughts, as if anyone cared anyway, but I'm going to buy the game regardless of other people's rants, like I did T1 & T2.

:roller: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller:

Last edited:
ideas for the gh: The length of the line when attached is then fixed; no rolling in or out, so when you've shot you're locked on and more at its mercy than in control. And a longer delay so you cant tarzan. I'm talking disadvantages.

Psychosis said:
probably been mentioned but

holy christ those flag trails need to go... if you can't follow a flag carrier w/o that crap, unplug your internet.
Who needs trails when there are flag icons that you can see through walls?

all the trails need to go. unless they are effect for when pack are in use. i find them annoying. do jetpacks have smoke anymore? and does different terrain have different skiing noises? I'm not sure but from watching the video I think I can agree with the others on the fact that there seems to be alot of flight time and little ground time, and I think ground time causes more skiing which is what people want a little more of right now. Don't want ultra renegades with the infinite jetpacks lol oiUY! I hate that mod.

In all fairness, I think it's tough for some of us to get a feel for the game in relationship to the Tribes we love when the majority of the movie takes place on that stadium map. It doesn't have a lot of skiing, and is far more quake-ish.

I also don't like the large number of trails. I don't think there need to be jet trails, just throw in a burst of flame at the appropriate locations. The flag trail isn't so bad, but when you throw in the flag trail with the jet trail, and all the weapon trails.. it becomes cluttered.

The disc speed looks good to me. The jetpack has a hell of a kick.. maybe that will just take some getting used to. The grappler looks awesome. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. When it was mentioned my first thought was "Batman the movie" where the car has something similar and it grapples a pole to swing it around. I'm glad to see that's what it does.

The movie doesn't really show a whole lot, except the abundance of trails, and how some of the weapons work. It does have some of the physics, but not a whole lot of skiing physics. It obviously wasn't that structured of a game, and even Tribes would look quake-ish at times when it's not structured.

All in all I think it was a good movie. Some of the complaints people have might be lessened with a map that more people can relate to as a Tribes style map. The stadium style maps look like a lot of fun, and I can't wait to try them, but in the context of Tribes I know that people are used to maps similar to the one that was glimpsed in some of the grappler stuff.

It would be cool if the sniper, instead of the in and out animation(the red energy field that expands and shrinks) would go in after being shot and then charge up by extending the red thing.

Back