[GLOBAL WARMING RED ALERT!!]

Even if Global Warming were an existential threat to mankind, I'd still have a hard time giving a shit about it.

1. There's nothing I can do about it.
2. I'll be dead long before it has any tangible effect on my existence.

edit: for the record, I do not believe it's a threat to our existence. If humans are the cause of global warming then the solution is to cull 90% of the human population. If it gets as bad as you think it will, then essentially nature will handle the culling for us either by famine or war or both. If that doesn't happen, then it wasn't that big of a problem.

This.

If you believe its a natural cyclic event, then its only mans ego that things we can change planetary climate cycles

If you believe its caused by man, then precisely nothing can be done until you start eliminating humans. and we arent.

Me too. The science that shows cooling and warming has happened over and over through this planet's history, man or not.

No, I mean climate. And yes, there isn't a single solitary person on this board that doesn't think it changes over time. I'm sure you can find some arguments for the extent to which humans are a contributing factor, but that is a entirely different argument.

The constant theme of Vanster, turn you into to who he wants you to be instead of evaluating you for who you actually are.

Humans are doing this, and it's obvious. There isn't going to be talking to you. You don't understand [strike]climate[/strike] science.

vanster and fauci are

The Science Wonder Twins

c2e9e04c486d1066f6d2348bb5af76d9288a945b_hq.gif

**GLOBAL WARMING IS COMING TO EAT YOUR CONDO**
**GLOBAL WARMING WILL KICK YOU SQUARE IN THE CONDO**

Humans are doing this, and it's obvious. There isn't going to be talking to you. You don't understand [strike]climate[/strike] science.

Now watch vanster disappear

So what about the periods throughout earth's history that have been shown in various core samples when the planet went through warming and cooling and there were no humans.

So what about the periods throughout earth's history that have been shown in various core samples when the planet went through warming and cooling and there were no humans.

You don't even have to go back that far. The late 19th and early 20th century was the hottest period in recent history, peaking around 1936, and we have accurate daily temperature records (and the widespread media coverage of those records) to prove it. This was when atmospheric CO2 levels were well below the "recommended" 350ppm. But junk scientists like Lefty Lavan will still insist the Earth is warming and that industry-produced CO2 is the exclusive cause. You can't have an honest debate with someone that closed-minded.

I didn't even take a position one way or the other regarding humans contributing to climate change. Once again, as always, you just assumed my position for me. You may be the most disingenuous person I've ever encountered.

The argument regarding humans impact on climate change fully recognizes that there have been extreme changes in climate historically. It argues that the rate of change is much faster than historical events, which could give earths systems less time to adapt to the change. Think of the North Atlantic current just shutting off as opposed to slowly altering itself over time. I honestly don't know enough about the research to say one way or the other. I'm not sure anybody does as many of the published papers draw drastically different conclusions.

My personal opinion, people who complain about climate change simply live in a false delusion of permanence. They struggle with change and rather than embrace it, they fight against it. Climate change, like all things in life, will result in some winners (those with new beach front real-estate) and losers (those whose house got consumed by the ocean). Even if humans are contributing, there isn't much you as an individual can do about it. No amount of bitching on the internet is going to change human nature.

Once again, as always, you just assumed my position for me. You may be the most disingenuous person I've ever encountered.
And one of the most elitist I have ever seen on the web. It's comical.

"Guys... we are causing the climate to change. I can see it, therefore, it proves we are responsible."

Guy's it's cooled off 30 degrees since sunday. It's accelerating faster than we imagined. I guess we'll hit human species extinction by friday.

Nice knowing all of you. Was really looking forward to this three day weekend too.

I want STRONG leaders who aren't AFRAID to pollute the environment for short-term corporate profits because only LIBERAL WIMPS want a habitable planet for future generations. EXXON/DE SANTIS 2024. MAGA!

Literally doesn't understand the difference between climate change and pollution. I'll give you a hint, there is no debate to be had regarding pollution.

Even if Global Warming were an existential threat to mankind, I'd still have a hard time giving a shit about it.

1. There's nothing I can do about it.
2. I'll be dead long before it has any tangible effect on my existence.

edit: for the record, I do not believe it's a threat to our existence. If humans are the cause of global warming then the solution is to cull 90% of the human population. If it gets as bad as you think it will, then essentially nature will handle the culling for us either by famine or war or both. If that doesn't happen, then it wasn't that big of a problem.
"1. There's nothing I can do about it."
True. It would take everyone on Earth changing their way of life to tip the scales

"2. I'll be dead long before it has any tangible effect on my existence."
How old are you? We've got maybe ten years at most before the next great extinction event starts cascading.

Rainforests are no longer the carbon sinks they used to be, and with millions of acres cut down every year on top of the millions of acres lost to forest fires, we are decades past the point of no return. If we converted everything to "clean energy" tomorrow, it would take millennia to suck all the CO² we've already put into the atmosphere over the last hundred years.

Back