Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this type of timeframe? They're going to be pulling in GA / T:U code. Even if they start from a stock UE3 again they're going to be pulling in code they've already got.

Sounds like it's meant to be a small downloadable title. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the gameplay stuff from scratch. :shrug:

as you should be. who the fuck buys guides for fps?

It was more for checking out maps, and I got them for free. :shrug:

edit, some more nostalgia;

a4rdk7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: max
Tribes 2 was an amazing sequel. It also used DarkStar/Torque tech. I can't imagine any Tribes game being successful that doesn't use DarkStar/Torque.

so, when i joined their FB page this morning, i was member 112. now, and i am damn sure its due to Tdub fashion.... they have 1600+

love this forum. <3

Why does that trailer have all these stellar quotes from reviewers about Tribes 1, then go and say it's the sequel to Tribes 2?

Why does that trailer have all these stellar quotes from reviewers about Tribes 1, then go and say it's the sequel to Tribes 2?

Because you'd be hard pressed to find any quotable accolades by mainstream press referring to Tribes 2 otherwise. (Or maybe you can?)

The only quote-worthy PR material came from Tribes 1.

And yes, all kinds of people have nice things to say when you ask them about "tribes"... but when you ask them why don't they play it then, they just stir their foot on the ground and shrug a reply of "I don't know, good game, but not one I'll play".

It's like when you say something nice about a dead guy, you never talked too and knew very little about.

I sense that a great number of people are manifesting their nostalgia for a game they can't remember the reality of very well into expectations that will never be realized. Others are merely imparting what they hope a sequel will be onto the name "Tribes". A whole lot of people are in for a whole lot of disappointment.

Last edited:
Please don't fuck this up...

On the flip side the probability of that happening are pretty damn high, ADD generation and all... :(

Mighty big shoes to fill for sure.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back