Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 11 of 2009
Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
201 - 03-11-2011, 16:56
ROFL - I've never been a community manager in my life. I certainly didn't manage this community, or Homeworlds with any success... Best of luck to whoever is managing this product.

I feel a bit of nostalgia watching this trailer, but only as a consumer. Professionally I have moved on to bigger and more interesting challenges.

Sponsored Links
Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
202 - 03-11-2011, 16:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
Actually, that's an interesting question for the weas.

How would you have done things differently, marketing this thus far?
Not much, except my developers would be sitting on cases of beer by now!

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
203 - 03-11-2011, 17:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
i wouldnt mind seeing a sword in tribes. use it kinda like the knife in MW2 and shank people that get close. also DS looks way better than BE and that just aint right
Being able to shank in a BB would be sweet. Hah Chase-shanking would also be awesome.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
204 - 03-11-2011, 17:02
It sounds like they are abandoning parts of the first mmo concept they had and doing it in this way as to avoid looking like they are doing it.

The playability of the franchise and gamestyle has never been in question to people who played the game.

The ability of the developers to create the game's sequel has always been in question. Tribes doesn't have to prove a thing. Tribes 1 and 2 players don't have to prove a thing.

Any developer of a new Tribes franchise game has to prove they can and are willing to do it.

Brofman and Messier just wanted to speak French, drive Ferraris and push out boxes with games inside. They reached across to the community through their minions only to generate sales numbers. When you opened up the actual game, you could tell by looking at the engine, dev. tools and playability that it was crap.

There isn't a huge fanbase of potential players for Unreal/Gears of War, or any Quake game because those shooters are pretty much like all other shooters these days. The ideas have all pretty much been played out, and everyone just wants to play BF2.

So I don't think this is a real attempt to make a Tribes game. It's an attempt to post sales using a game concept that doesn't seem played out.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 03-11-2011 at 17:11..
Apalled
VeteranX
Old
205 - 03-11-2011, 17:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
Tribes Ascent is the new name of the HiRez studios project. No new info ATM, more should be comin in shortly
Make up your mind. Is it Ascent, or Ascend?

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
206 - 03-11-2011, 17:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Being able to shank in a BB would be sweet. Hah Chase-shanking would also be awesome.
exactly, or when u need that quick action between disc reloads, it can be the dif between a cap and a return

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
207 - 03-11-2011, 17:09
whatever this turns out to be

it wont be good enough for tribalwar

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
208 - 03-11-2011, 17:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
So I don't think this is a real attempt to make a Tribes game. It's an attempt to post sales using a game concept that doesn't seem played out.
this makes sense

Sascha
VeteranXV
Old
209 - 03-11-2011, 17:10
tribes: ass end

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
210 - 03-11-2011, 17:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadus View Post
whatever this turns out to be

it wont be good enough for tribalwar
Not true, there is potential for an even better game than t1. Will it happen? Unlikely, but the possibility remains.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
211 - 03-11-2011, 17:14
they're not here talking to us about it so that's a good sign

°Gn0m3_Gr0wN°
VeteranXX
Old
212 - 03-11-2011, 17:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by buize View Post
can we just ****ing get tribes with better graphics

god damn stop being retarded
****ing

Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
213 - 03-11-2011, 17:17
Maybe they will rip off payload again and do a cool tribes style version.

early prediction: you won't be able to shoot and jet at the same time

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
214 - 03-11-2011, 17:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
this

also its like theyre designating mmorpg = 4 nerds fps = 4 leets

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
215 - 03-11-2011, 17:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
Not true, there is potential for an even better game than t1. Will it happen? Unlikely, but the possibility remains.
It never happens because all attempts have done the exact same damn thing. They built it from the ground up to be different then T1.

Build the ****ing foundation that is T1 first. Make it strong. Make it flexible. Make it as close to the perfection that is T1 as possible. Then and only then can you improve on it.

Idiots with T2 base and T:V built their games on a foundation of ****ing carboard and then wondered why it ****ing crumbled on release. T2 was not a success in terms of it being an excellent release. It was a success due to its following going in and then the two Z's fixing the ****ing foundation that was broke from the get go.

Shoddy
VeteranX
Old
216 - 03-11-2011, 17:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
217 - 03-11-2011, 17:31
Massive amounts of misinformation, wild guesses and stupid assumptions in this thread. Will do my best toclear it up. These are not attacks on the quoted posters, just trying to prevent misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
The scary thought is that T2 fans think they're talking about T2 Classic and not T2 Base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
edit: ugh, they are admitting they are trying to pay homage to T2 base and named vehicles as their 3rd most important priority
They said all along with T:U that vehicles would be a priority, and that T:U would be based on T2. Why would that be any different for T:A? I also have yet to see a reference to T2 Base... only references to T2.

Someone please link me to where the specifically referenced T2 Base, as opposed to just "T2". 90% of the feedback they have gotten on the T:U forums, you know, the same feedback that prompted them even making T:A before T:U was from people who were telling them to make it like t1/t2c, and that if they went with T2 Base speeds they would turn off most of the tribes community. I am pretty sure they got that message loud and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo Escobar View Post
probably a good funding drive to keep the MMO going

release a tribes game, turn a small profit, re-invest in MMO that will never be released
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
nah, they are listening to the community as this is what a lot of people wanted on the Tribes Universe forum.
Jomo nailed it. THey bought the IP, we got excited.. "New Tribes?" , then they posted it will be an MMO... and people freaked out. The vets asked for T1/T2c redone (depending on their preferance) and they actually listened and are giving us T3 essentially, to appease the community, reintroduce the brand and bring more players in before they build the MMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
we? there is no community left
Actually, while the playerbase has shrunk dramatically (duh) , and most of the community modders and maoppers we knew back int he day are long gone, there is still a modding and/or mapping group still left in T2 and in TV (and possibly t1 as well) still trying to improve on the game. A decent amount considering how dead the community is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
yeah there is something wrong with it.. you are buying a ****ing mod of unreal. not an authentically individual game. lazy game developers don't want to make anything new.
You really must not get where the PC industry has gone. You dont have to waste 2 years building a custom engine when great engines already exist for it to be a "Real Game" and not a mod. Most games are on someone elses engine, and really there are only a few AAA title Engine developers out there.

[QUOTE=Evele;16266205]I'm calling it now. Dumbed down, ported over, console crap shooter with jetpacks. Enjoy your 8-button experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evele View Post
I'm skeptical of this new console port coming even close to duplicating T1 with better graphics, let alone improving on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriky View Post
We don't even know what the lead platform is
Lets look at the facts. Their 1 "big" game is GA. Theyve never made a console game. They spend part of 2010 trying to figure out how to turn GA into a PC MMO using the Unreal 3 engine. Then they bought the tribes IP, and continued working on the same project. Then decide to make T:A before T:U, and even though they only know UnrealEd3, and the only game making experience they have is PC, and the active projects of the past 2 years are all PC based, but since they are going to make T:A for PC and Xbox, its logical to assume that it will be developed for the Xbox console and ported over to the PC? Yeah... Common sense people. There is less than a .1% chance this is a console port. It will be a PC game ported to the console.. which there are plenty of, and it doesnt detract from the quality of the PC game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
This is the game they're releasing before the MMO... so probably not going to be all that developed.
In Feb 2010 they released GA. They kept working on it releasing more content. in the 4th qtr they were working on the GA Battlefields concept, and it inspired the idea of a GA MMO, so they began working on that idea. Then they realized it would be better set in the Tribes IP, so they bought it. They are using the same engine they are familiar with, and technically have been working on the "concept" and code of this game since midway through last year. Now since they have the IP and can develop the art assets from an existing concept, many things will go faster. Its not inconvevable that they could finish and release the game this year, and not have it be a way undeveloped game.

P.S. - Did you consider the fact that it will almost indefinitely be MP only, and not having to develop a SP Storyline, cutscenes, etc shaves a ****load of time off from Normal Game Development time.

MY .02:

Give them time, see what they come up with, stop making stupid assumptions. It might be good, it might be bad. If you think "Tribes is dead, **** them for trying this" , then stop participating in threads about **** they do and go your own merry way. Enjoy BattlefieldClone#36758 while you are at it.. I will be busy raping gens...

"Humans taste like... Chicken".

Nutcracker
VeteranX
Old
218 - 03-11-2011, 17:46
Good enough reason to come back to this place.

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
219 - 03-11-2011, 17:46
CARVING,FRICTION, NO FLOATY, LT LT LT LT

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
220 - 03-11-2011, 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockhammer View Post
CARVING,FRICTION, NO FLOATY, LT LT LT LT
lt game type in t1 also t1 arena game type

also consider making ctf into more of a hybrid of both
aka
into more scavenger based t1 ctf with map dictated options 4 armor vehnicle usage based off map and team size

best t1 ld, adren 5150 crews etc best scavengers/ resource mangers

also

4 posterity

t1 lt is the fastest that "base" gameplay has gotten in the tribes series ever

i have played t2 and t:v lt and all 3 games competitively so this is y i know this

t1 physics need to be replicated in this game or its gonna suck

or at least something a bit better than CLASSIC (whic still feels floaty im)

t1 lt meta game is comparable to the fast pace of quake live

Page 11 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay