How to fix this game

Create new zone/change one of the current zones to be a new world pvp area - an actual full sized zone, none of this Tol'Barad-sized shit. No flying mounts. Add meaningful objectives/daily quests that are nothing like shitty WG/TB and allow players' conquest point cap to increase for participating (comparable with arena/rbg) as well as rewarding conquest points. Add difficult achievement that unlocks the 2200 weapons/armor. Welcome back, fun pvp.

There isn't a way to fix the game, once Wrath released it was all downhill easy-sause casual-craft. The paid services and allowance of both factions on PvP servers decimated whatever communities were left, as of 4.3 they are officially out of Warcraft lore (sans Lady Azshara, but WTH would they do with her now?) and to kick off their completely back-to-the-drawing-board approach to creating new stories and lore they fall back on furry panda-men who were initially created as an April Fool's Day joke.

World PVP zones suck because they largely cater to numbers not skill. This is why on a lot of servers one faction can hold WG/TB for days on end.

Put an achievement for killing an NPC and stealing something from every town in the game. Toss in rewarding honor for first kills and then ramp it down quickly until you move x distance to prevent camping. Create random fun scripted events to simulate the old HB/SS battles that we all fucking loved (OH NO HE HAS DOOMSAW RUN FOR IT)

I had an idea where CoT had an instance that was a series of challenges, and they were all old vanilla instances on their original difficulty. So you would 10-man UD Strat and be racing to kill zuggs while avoiding setting off gargs. UBRS was still very pull oriented and those dirty assassins could 1-shot you, etc. The rewards would be slightly retooled-graphically golden versions of the original armor (not just colour swapped but actually redone and cooler looking like the Valor shoulders would have little blood stains/splatters and notches from blades etc.

It would be very hard, and require the commitment we all used to apply. When you completed, you could pick you DPS version, your alt version (Tank, Healer, Caster), or your PVP version.

I dunno, just thoughts :shrug:

World PVP zones suck because they largely cater to numbers not skill. This is why on a lot of servers one faction can hold WG/TB for days on end.

What's funny is this was a design flaw of the game that was never taken into consideration by the devs, and has been the cause of so many problems. The only games that I can think of that did PvP right are; DAoC, Planetside, and EVE.

When you have a 2 faction system, you don't end up with population balance on the servers. One will outnumber the rest. When that happens, world PvP goes to shit. Most WoW servers had a larger alliance pop to horde. So what happened to let players have balanced pvp? BGs! But still population became a problem. You wound up with one side sitting in queue for 40+ minutes, and the other having instant queues. So then the solution became cross-realm queues and BGs went to total shit. Most serious PvPers at the time had very established reputations and rivalries with the other players on the server and Blizzard tossed all that out the window. The community feel was completely lost to PvP, and this would happen again with instance queues later on.

On to the open world BG of wintergrasp: So they tried to fix population imbalance with the tenacity buff. Which made PvP incredibly stupid, and did nothing to curb the end result of one faction rolling the other.

When the Devs don't restrict character creation based on population balance, you open up a world of trouble down the road. There is no mechanic that you can implement to effectively compensate for population imbalance.

There isn't a way to fix the game, once Wrath released it was all downhill easy-sause casual-craft. The paid services and allowance of both factions on PvP servers decimated whatever communities were left, as of 4.3 they are officially out of Warcraft lore (sans Lady Azshara, but WTH would they do with her now?) and to kick off their completely back-to-the-drawing-board approach to creating new stories and lore they fall back on furry panda-men who were initially created as an April Fool's Day joke.

Origin as a joke is moot, they were an actual unit in WC3 and are an established race in the lore, just their background gets established in Mists. Are you saying having a brand new story be the basis for an expansion is a bad idea?

Or do you have something against Pandaren being in the game? Too kiddie? You can always quit, bro.

Also, they're not out of lore. Turalyon and Alleria are still alive...somewhere. The Emerald Dream game files are still being updated. Azshara, as you said. Kil'Jaeden is still alive, and the Burning Legion still exists.

I'm interested in the next expansion, but I don't judge things by their cover either.

As much as I love shitting all over this game, I just had a very positive experience restoring items which were ninja'd from my guild bank when an officer was hacked.

Customer service+.

The new raid content is crazy easy. Got Madness of Deathwing to 4% Wednesday night.

Origin as a joke is moot, they were an actual unit in WC3 and are an established race in the lore, just their background gets established in Mists. Are you saying having a brand new story be the basis for an expansion is a bad idea?

Or do you have something against Pandaren being in the game? Too kiddie? You can always quit, bro.

Also, they're not out of lore. Turalyon and Alleria are still alive...somewhere. The Emerald Dream game files are still being updated. Azshara, as you said. Kil'Jaeden is still alive, and the Burning Legion still exists.

I'm interested in the next expansion, but I don't judge things by their cover either.

1. I am quitting after I get into a raid and kill Deathwing (on normal, don't care about heroic). It is a nice closure point for me being the last of the original Warcraft villains

2. Pandariens were a joke, literally. They threw it in as an update while developing WC3 and people asked about them so much Metzen went ahead and scribbled out some lore and made them mercenaries in WC3 and TFT.

3. I meant major villains, and Azshara may as well be dead at this rate. Maybe they can recycle the Legion or even the Nerubians if they like, heck they could make a new Lich King at this point. But my point is they are out of original villains so now it's either make new from scratch or recycle.

4. Emerald Dream will be like Pandaria, they will withhold it until they are out of ideas and then spring it on you as another expansion.

5. I have no interest in MoP, the 4.3 raid will mark for me the end of warcraft, WoW, and most likely MMOs in general. To me they have more or less destroyed any strong point that could be made about it or MMOs in general.

I hope TOR pulls heavily from WoWs fanbase, because all that is left there are teenagers and stupid college students. Inside a game without any sense of community where you can do whatever you want without ramifications. Then the same problems that plague WoW may transfer over to TOR.

you can fix this game overnight by making blizzard a private company again
While nice, it won't happen. I think once a company reaches that point of becoming public it is essentially a one-way street. I would suspect the steps, time, and money required to revert back to private would be such it would render the company unprofitable for such a time it'll eventually go bankrupt. Once you go public and you succeed the company is more or less at the mercy of the whim of the largest stockholders. They don't give a fuck about how the company runs or what is made, as long as their stock value continues to increase.

Last edited:
1. I am quitting after I get into a raid and kill Deathwing (on normal, don't care about heroic). It is a nice closure point for me being the last of the original Warcraft villains

2. Pandariens were a joke, literally. They threw it in as an update while developing WC3 and people asked about them so me being the last of the original Warcraft villains and made them mercenaries in WC3 and TFT.

You know, scribbling out some lore and making it for a game in 2002, knowing some day that they would have an MMORPG. A game that had 10 million players bitching and complaining every move they make.

Do you know Draenei(have less lore btw) were actually supposed to be the Pandaren right?

Last edited:
they still havent done emerald dream? that shit was supposed to be there in a vanilla patch lol.

and of course they wont go private... no public company ever goes private again. basically you permanently sell your soul to the jewdevil known as wall street. its just wishful thinking that they would :(

While some bosses in the new raid have recycled bodies that are reskinned, it's the 3rd tier of content this expansion that is unique from everything we've seen in the previous expansions. The only negative thing I can say about the game is that it's lost the sense of community that vanilla and early TBC had.

The game itself (raids, dungeons, dailies, questing) is far better than it was in vanilla and TBC (exception being the back half of Sunwell), but the lack of repercussions for bad play or behavior is a definite sore spot for me. Maybe the lore is off for turbos that care about that shit, but I've never cared about that shit so it doesn't affect me.

Flying mounts were one of the worst things to happen to the game.

Oh god I remember running ppl down from WPL to EPL using Carrot, Enchanted gloves and Mithril Spurs, use Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector or Discombobulator Ray(stupid jade prices)... good times back when pvp was awesome

If you think the storyline has anything to do with the decline of this game you are a nerd virgin beyond comprehension. I have never and will never give a fuck about the story line of this game or any other game. I play games to beat other people.

While some bosses in the new raid have recycled bodies that are reskinned, it's the 3rd tier of content this expansion that is unique from everything we've seen in the previous expansions. The only negative thing I can say about the game is that it's lost the sense of community that vanilla and early TBC had.

The game itself (raids, dungeons, dailies, questing) is far better than it was in vanilla and TBC (exception being the back half of Sunwell), but the lack of repercussions for bad play or behavior is a definite sore spot for me. Maybe the lore is off for turbos that care about that shit, but I've never cared about that shit so it doesn't affect me.

Kind of the thing with MMOs. Even if the game isn't completely and utterly fantastic it could generally survive with a good community.

Do you know Draenei(have less lore btw) were actually supposed to be the Pandaren right?

That would have been a better move. Bringing them out now when the game is watered down and the general maturity level of the average player has gone down now you release Pandarians doesn't make the game look like it has matured much, if at all.

I mean hell the Chuck Norris WoW commercial is easily 5+ years too late and their follow up is a semi-cute hipster-looking girl complain she dumped her BF because she likes playing WoW more.

You honestly cannot argue the fact this expansion felt extremely rushed despite the reasons why.

Last edited:
If you think the storyline has anything to do with the decline of this game you are a nerd virgin beyond comprehension. I have never and will never give a fuck about the story line of this game or any other game. I play games to beat other people.

You realize that you're essentially saying "REN FAIRES ARE FOR FAGS, LARPING IS FOR COOL DUDERS" right

I mean lets be honest here, you're never going to hear 50 cent rapping about his time defending the Arathi Basin.

Back