[BREAKING] Connecticut School District Locked Down on Shooting Report by HypnosisFX - Page 36 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [BREAKING] Connecticut School District Locked Down on Shooting Report
Page 36 of 69
Z][RO
VeteranXX
Old
701 - 12-16-2012, 00:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
the problem isnt the guns, its that you have too many people in your country that want to kill people

crazy, i know
That's probably the truth of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Comparing the murder rates of the US to any other country is a bit of a stretch.
How so?

Edit: While I compared the murder rates, I wouldn't say that gun laws are the only reason that the US has more murders. There are obviously other variables. Gun control laws, however, most likely have had an effect on the crime rate in the UK.

Last edited by Z][RO; 12-16-2012 at 00:09..
Sponsored Links
Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
702 - 12-16-2012, 00:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z][RO View Post
How so?
Because you're all ****ing nuts.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
703 - 12-16-2012, 00:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Because you're all ****ing nuts.
speaking of nuts youre a truther

Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
704 - 12-16-2012, 00:49
Oh look at that, the "truther" troll came out of it's hole again.

[BREAKING] Connecticut... 12-16-2012 06:20 AM Pagy so ****ing stupid
Ron Paul - The Movie 12-09-2012 03:45 AM Pagy wot about wtc7
NDAA critic stranded in... 10-19-2012 03:19 AM Pagy so ****ing stupid
Terror attack against... 10-18-2012 01:13 AM Pagy so ****ing stupid
Happy Birthday, Neil... 10-06-2012 07:35 AM Pagy what happened to wtc7
Massachusetts chemist... 09-30-2012 05:42 PM Pagy what about wtc7????
[Conspiracy][WTC] 6 Min... 09-17-2012 03:20 PM Pagy so ****ing stupid

You're so ****ing pathetic Don't you ever get bored with that ****?

Last edited by Nash; 12-16-2012 at 00:53..
Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
705 - 12-16-2012, 00:51
its not a troll you're legitimately a delusional sheep truther who gives into conspiracy groupthink

Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
706 - 12-16-2012, 00:54
Uhh ouch.. that hurt. Rush me to the burn unit!

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
707 - 12-16-2012, 01:50
I did some searching for some statistics, gun laws and number of guns don't have the extreme impact that either side of argument wants you to think it has.

I know each side cherry picks stats that help their argument but I think the stats need to be setup side by side with other stats like joblessness rate, income, eduction of people in that area... There are always clusters in spikes in statistics but the causality isn't always clear.

Gun Control - Just Facts When I look at the charts on that site they have some graphs showing strict gun control laws coming into effect and murder rates increasing after that and then the laws being reversed and that is a low point in murders, but if you look at the graphs the declines in murders happened before restrictions on guns were eased back in most cases. Those charts showing murder rates over time don't tell the full story at all.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those 2 pages don't help much either (global data isn't all that accurate), yes the US is number one by a long shot for number of guns per capita, but that obviously doesn't tell you how many gun owners there are.

Maybe the key is the high levels of coca cola that is consumed in the US and the number of guns!

Coca-Cola Consumption Per Capita Across The World

Coca-Cola - 2011 Year In Review - Operating Groups

Or maybe it is the combination of fast food, too much sugar in drinks and guns!

These arguments are causing me brain damage, I don't need to get dumber than I already am.

soggynuts
VeteranXV
Old
708 - 12-16-2012, 02:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
I did some searching for some statistics, gun laws and number of guns don't have the extreme impact that either side of argument wants you to think it has.

I know each side cherry picks stats that help their argument but I think the stats need to be setup side by side with other stats like joblessness rate, income, eduction of people in that area... There are always clusters in spikes in statistics but the causality isn't always clear.

Gun Control - Just Facts When I look at the charts on that site they have some graphs showing strict gun control laws coming into effect and murder rates increasing after that and then the laws being reversed and that is a low point in murders, but if you look at the graphs the declines in murders happened before restrictions on guns were eased back in most cases. Those charts showing murder rates over time don't tell the full story at all.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those 2 pages don't help much either (global data isn't all that accurate), yes the US is number one by a long shot for number of guns per capita, but that obviously doesn't tell you how many gun owners there are.

Maybe the key is the high levels of coca cola that is consumed in the US and the number of guns!

Coca-Cola Consumption Per Capita Across The World

Coca-Cola - 2011 Year In Review - Operating Groups

Or maybe it is the combination of fast food, too much sugar in drinks and guns!

These arguments are causing me brain damage, I don't need to get dumber than I already am.

Probably the best view of this instance that has been posted yet. Thank you.

SniperWhôre
VeteranX
Old
709 - 12-16-2012, 02:10
***8226;In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
***8226;Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.

Clearly both cars and alcohol are a far greater problem than firearms, and until the gun control crowd starts addressing strict controls on both of them, they completely lack credibility.

In 2000, a little over 17,000 Americans died as a result of oversdosing on illicit drugs. And yet the people who are now screaming for tighter gun controls are the same people who whine for legalization of illegal drugs.

They cannot be taken seriously.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
710 - 12-16-2012, 02:11
i'm pretty active in my local community and local government. the level of supidity erupting from this incident is so disheartening. but more than that, get the ****ing media out of my ****ing community!! stop exploiting the tragedy you ****ing vultures. it always bothered me during 9/11 when people who resented NYC and had never been there their whole lives suddenly started making that **** about them. the same **** applies here. you are not here. you are not involved. you are a victim of the media telling you what you should feel bad about. yes, it's terrible -- but you don't know **** about this area or these people so back the **** out and for the love of GOD don't try and make this something you use to push your stupid poltical agenda. So many people are eager to talk out of their ass while their only real exposure to this incident is saturation exposure from TV and internet media. what a misterable, bandwagon culture.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
711 - 12-16-2012, 02:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperWhôre View Post
And yet the same people who are now screaming for tighter gun controls are the same people who whine for legalization of illegal drugs.

They cannot be taken seriously.
a lot of assumptions right there man. you cannot be taken seriously.

Bump
Unregistered
Old
712 - 12-16-2012, 02:15
when did ngfm get control of rayn's account?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
713 - 12-16-2012, 02:18
go ahead,tell me what was ngfm about that.
i've been at city council meetings all ****ing night and i'm beat.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
714 - 12-16-2012, 03:33
Rayn are you in Fairfield or Litchfield county? I won't ask what town since you already know the creepers around. LuckyZ and I live in one of the towns pretty much around Newtown and while we don't directly know people there we have family/friends who know people there. Usually the only time I go to Newtown is to go to a little restaurant called My Place. Decent food and good beer.

I may have to start poking around my town, moved into a decent apartment over the summer so now I'm technically a resident of a new town. Rather not deal with my folks town anyway, not only are they both active in the town boards but I smell a lot of stupid drama and gossiping.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
715 - 12-16-2012, 03:45
Is anyone else cringing hardcore at all these facebook statuses?

I'll read the first sentence of some wall of text and move on fast. There's nothing you're going to say that's insightful. The only **** I would ever read would be coming from someone actually directly affected.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
716 - 12-16-2012, 04:02
What people take Sniperwhore seriously?
There are more that take Tehvul seriously than sniperwhore.

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
717 - 12-16-2012, 04:26
I think it's outrageous that people would propose solutions to the problem of mass gun killings without first solving the problem of car related deaths and drunk driving. I don't understand how we can attempt to solve one problem without first spending a lot of time on another unrelated problem.

mstrike
VeteranXV
Old
718 - 12-16-2012, 05:42
interesting research article about gun homicides in america vs europe

spoiler: estonia, which Hansel mentioned earlier, has a higher murder rate than the US (lol)

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

Last edited by mstrike; 12-16-2012 at 05:45..
mstrike
VeteranXV
Old
719 - 12-16-2012, 06:17
ps. i'd be shocked if any of the gun grabbers actually read more than one page of that. they don't like hearing when they're wrong.

Lobster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
720 - 12-16-2012, 07:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrike View Post
ps. i'd be shocked if any of the gun grabbers actually read more than one page of that. they don't like hearing when they're wrong.
You don't even need to read past page one to see it's hardly an independent study by unbiased academics.

They're both long-standing gun rights advocates, so it's not going to be surprising if they find what they're looking for.

That said I may have time to point out the bull**** later.

Page 36 of 69

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [BREAKING] Connecticut School District Locked Down on Shooting Report

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , dingo shot my baby , they took my kids , waaaaaaaaalllt