[PC] Valheim on Steam is a surprise hit

i just killed the 1st boss and reclaimed an abandoned village for my 1st expansion base

as i was repairing the hut i got smashed by a troll

trolls only spawn after u kill the 1st boss apparently

but u need 1st bosses antlers to make a pickaxe so u can start mining metals so its unavoidable

From what I've seen so far, Trolls don't spawn in the meadows - build your base near the Black Forest so you can still pick up resources there, but still far enough away that you won't inadvertently aggro things from it.

I've actually been building a little bit offshore - built out from a rock outcropping and then raised some patches of ground up from the seabed. (I'm like China in the South China Sea!) Had one of those night time triggered greydwarf attacks and they smashed up the bee hives I had on the outcropping still but I was otherwise untouched.. couple of them tried to swim out but they can't really get on dry land to stop swimming and attack things, so my trusty bow well and truly took care of them.

I've found a troll on the edge of Blackforest in a couple of places. I've triggered the first boss but haven't killed him yet.

Today's to-do list is:

-Start a boar farm
-Start a bee colony
-Get ready for Boss1 rematch

I repaired and expanded a house in a meadow near the Black Forest. Still too low level to summon the first boss, but there is a troll nearby anyway and he doesn't like it when I cut down trees.:) I cut down the tree, run for cover and wait until he returns to the woods. Run back and chop the tree into logs, runs for cover etc. Repeat until all wood is gathered. My best skill is running :lol:

me n goshin fucked around a bit on it today but we didnt have enough time to do much

i also want to get a bigger group of us playing bc this game works REALLY well w multiple people

Copper deposits go under the ground. Keep digging to get more.

Horde all the honey you can, you will need a lot later on for mead.

I have not encountered a sea monster yet, but I always sail close to land just in case.

When you have copper, most enemies that have a weakness will be for blunt, so get a mace rather than a sword.

This is my base. I built it on the sea where the land stretched out into the sea a bit. I had a build the wall when attacks started to happen. I recommend building the platforms so you can shoot from inside the walls.

Valheim-Base.jpg

In retrospect, it would have been fine to make a tiny forward base, then take time to build a main base right in the middle of a dangerous area. You'd need walls, but taking all the wood would clear the land around the base making it easy to see and clear enemies before you go out.

I want to base build like that when I go to swamps next. Everyone says it's a rough area. Im stocking up on high quality foods now then going to set sail to find a swamp, get a quick base, then build a main one deep in the swamp.

How do you change that special power you activate? Mine is stuck on the elder as you see in my screen shot, but I want to change it back to the first one.

Last edited:
I died a good chunk across the globe in the middle of no where, and my spawn point is a tiny continent I have no resources on. This is awful.

i just killed the 1st boss and reclaimed an abandoned village for my 1st expansion base

as i was repairing the hut i got smashed by a troll

trolls only spawn after u kill the 1st boss apparently

Why did u not give him a dose of Wingardium Leviosa?

Back