Your desks, show them to me

Then you're a dick for expecting high priority for a non paying job. Nigga gotta eat.
Then he shouldnt have made a promise that he can finish it by the end of the month, now should he?!?!?!?!!?
Spoiler

Anyways, i can wait a bit longer.. the desk is gonna be fiiiiiiinnneeee as fuck

cV1bJI2.jpg

lol

How much was the desk?
The frame itself is worth 1.500€. I got it for (almost) free. Friend works at AUDI doing office supply/managment stuff and the paint has some scratches and the white color doesnt exactly match the specifications.. so they declined them and send it back to storage, letting it collect dust... fucking AUDI has too much money man.
Oh, the frame also has electronic height adjustment from 68 to 135cm.

The hardwood was 150€ and i paid my buddy in beer and sausages \o/.
So in total i would say ~250€.

The frame itself is worth 1.500€. I got it for (almost) free. Friend works at AUDI doing office supply/managment stuff and the paint has some scratches and the white color doesnt exactly match the specifications.. so they declined them and send it back to storage, letting it collect dust... fucking AUDI has too much money man.

Yeah those are great deals. I did one of Google's buildings and they had a bunch of Herman Miller shit left over or being sent back. Money just flows.

150 for the butcher block top is very good

nice looking desk, but you seriously need at least a two monitor setup, bro.
I'm planning on buying a completely new system by the end of the year... which will include a 21:9 widescreen monitor. If i feel that's not enough, i'll use my current monitor as the 2nd one :D

Those ultra crazy wide monitors are what I'd be buying if I used a desktop. It's like multi monitors without bezels

that desk is amazing

great deal and worth more than every penny imo!!!

Da_imFxWAAA5G2t.jpg

Last edited:
Still just a concept, but I'm planning to make the final trip to the lumber yard in the Spring so I can start (and hopefully finish) the build. It will be 6/4 Black Walnut top on brushed aluminum legs.

4HJUNOV.png

https://i.imgur.com/5HrrBKz.png[IMG]
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/47zuxGj.png[IMG]
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/EBcqVJK.png[IMG]

Final size is 77" x 77".[/QUOTE]
No no no. No good. That's going to be flimsy as hell, especially where you might be wresting your arms.

*Edit* Such an old thread. My bad.

It's a corner desk obviously, but I made one side larger instead of a triangle without points, so I could have my small-form factor PC and printer on the right side.

Final, but not buffed out:
oDbXzLC.png

How it looks up close with the clearcoat applied, loved the grain of the wood:
LX6hZxx.png

It's solid cedar with a dark walnut stain. The legs underneath in the back (that you can't see, 2x2s) are angled forward so they don't hit my knees, but support pressure on the surface if you were to push down on it while getting up or something.

p.s. Protip: Don't use cedar. Such a stupid thing to do. It's crazy light-weight, but it creates such fine dust when sanding and it's incredibly soft. The desk gets dented easily, although the 15 coats of clearcoat helps. This is something I learned after this project. My last project was mahogany.

p.p.s. Never use those fucking shit foam brushes. They're complete shit.

Last edited:
p.s. Protip: Don't use cedar. Such a stupid thing to do. It's crazy light-weight, but it creates such fine dust when sanding and it's incredibly soft. The desk gets dented easily, although the 15 coats of clearcoat helps. This is something I learned after this project. My last project was mahogany.

Epoxy it.

Back