Page 5 of 5
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
81 - 05-16-2010, 23:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I was flipping through the channels when I saw Ted Nugent's show on one of the outdoor channels and he was out on his land walking with his daughter. They were reminiscing over when she was a child and they actually planted the seeds of the trees they were walking through and that's when I realized that Ted's just a great guy all around.
this

Sponsored Links
Reverend Zero
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 05-16-2010, 23:42
ted nugent owns and so do guns

**** yeah

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 05-16-2010, 23:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Actually, the police don't really have much of an effect on deterring crime because most criminals don't think they are going to be caught. It isnt that they dont care if they are caught, they simply dont believe its going to happen.
Yeah. Okay. Go live in a densely populated area where there is no law-enforcement. Tell me how it works out for you, and how it compares to having law-enforcement.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 05-17-2010, 00:04
I don't know why you guys reply to Gandalf. He's a ****ing nimrod, and amazingly enough he seems to be regressing.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
85 - 05-17-2010, 00:09
Quote:
Actually, the police don't really have much of an effect on deterring crime because most criminals don't think they are going to be caught. It isnt that they dont care if they are caught, they simply dont believe its going to happen.
Of course they don't believe they'd be caught... or they wouldn't be criminals. Did you really not think of this? Did you also not consider the fact that fewer people become criminals in the first place because the presence of police? What exactly do you believe the police do?

Maybe you should try living in Somalia, where there is no law enforcement but everyone owns a gun if they can afford it. Let me know if on the offchance you see any violence.

Ray
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 05-17-2010, 00:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Of course they don't believe they'd be caught... or they wouldn't be criminals. Did you really not think of this? Did you also not consider the fact that fewer people become criminals in the first place because the presence of police? What exactly do you believe the police do?

Maybe you should try living in Somalia, where there is no law enforcement but everyone owns a gun if they can afford it. Let me know if on the offchance you see any violence.
I should have worded my post differently.. I meant that people are going to be less likely to break into your home if they know the odds of being confronted with a gun are high, compared to them having to worry about the police possibly showing up.

PantsMcFist
Veteran++
Old
87 - 05-17-2010, 00:39
Has anyone mentioned that Nugent was a draft dodging hippy?

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
88 - 05-17-2010, 00:44
Quote:
I should have worded my post differently.. I meant that people are going to be less likely to break into your home if they know the odds of being confronted with a gun are high, compared to them having to worry about the police possibly showing up.
But very few people are in the habit of breaking into just one house. Most such criminals have to make it their career, and in the long term, a small risk of being arrested each time adds up to making it not worth it. A gun works better in the short term, yes... except there's always going to be households that don't sleep with a shotgun next to their beds.

In the problem areas of Mexico, if you have a decent amount of wealth and want protection, you don't just get a gun, you get bodyguards. Aren't you glad that you don't have to do that here?

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
89 - 05-17-2010, 02:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
Yeah. Okay. Go live in a densely populated area where there is no law-enforcement. Tell me how it works out for you, and how it compares to having law-enforcement.
If police were such deterrents, why do neighborhoods feel the need to establish citizen patrols, neighborhood watches, and other community based systems?

As I've mentioned before, the police are simply a cog in the system. Criminals fear more an armed citizen than getting caught by the police.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 05-17-2010, 02:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsMcFist View Post
Has anyone mentioned that Nugent was a draft dodging hippy?
Everyone in the 60s was a draft dodging hippy. Who gives a ****? Obama smoked crack, that doesn't seem to be an issue either.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
91 - 05-17-2010, 02:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
If police were such deterrents, why do neighborhoods feel the need to establish citizen patrols, neighborhood watches, and other community based systems?
All of them?

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
92 - 05-17-2010, 03:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Everyone in the 60s was a draft dodging hippy. Who gives a ****? Obama smoked crack, that doesn't seem to be an issue either.
So what you're saying is that it's ok to dodge the draft and do drugs, as long as it was in the 60's?

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 05-17-2010, 06:26
Ted's good for some things, not good for others.

oDDable
VeteranXX
Old
94 - 05-17-2010, 07:10
As an Obama voting "librul" let me say, BRAVO NUGENT.

Page 5 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [NUGENT] My gun control

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
lemon licked my butthole , odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard