The LOL_CONFIG

Well i did try it some yesterday and found that it's much tougher than any other nade jumping. I was able to pull it off but not very often..the way you need to aim and fall to have a good angle to shoot the nade is really awkward...

Heya smooth :) Dread forwarded your email to me and sLaM the other day. Ive just been too swamped to reply.

Wicked_sick: If you really are, then tell Adam hello :)

Heya smooth :) Dread forwarded your email to me and sLaM the other day. Ive just been too swamped to reply.

Wicked_sick: If you really are, then tell Adam hello :)

as I type this, its midnight, I got no work tommarow (damn economy) Ill be sure to tell him that 5150 people are still around, I play Legions, and seeing as how its like Tribes (and tribes is coming back, via InstantAction) I have picked up Tribes as well. I believe that when Instant Action release Tribes on its site, my brother will come back and play a bit, competitive, idk, but just for the hell of it, most likely.

::OFF NOTE::
I used to wonder why both my brothers played tribes religiously (ReaListik, and my other brother, Illusion, or by his Arena Name <O.O> it was a face.) I now see what I have missed, and it pains me to see that. Damn I wish I would have played this game back in the day...

EDIT: I went and say my bro cuz of this thread. When I said 5150 people were still around, he laughed and smiled. When I told him that AO said hi, and that Smooth started the Thread, he got an even bigger laugh and smile. In other words, he says "whaaaaat uup."

I believe he wont come back to Tribes tho. Hes a WoW and DotA player now...

Last edited:
personally i have nade jumping down to a fine art.

can do it 99% of the time regardless of speed / ping.

downward and nade jumping to the side for a burst mid-air strafe is more difficult but pretty fun and awesome when you pull it off. sadly if it's done smoothly and efficiently, often quickly accused for 'scripting' and people convinced that people with higher ping just simply could not be njing.

gimmick, fuck yeah, but it has a few logical uses.

At least once a week I will see someone pull some incredible move - this week
I watched a capper blaze in to the HildebrandLT base - grab the flag - swoop to
the side of the inventory building - bounce off of it straight up into the air - turn around
and NJ toward their base.

You stop - your jaw drops - what the hell? Even the cheaters couldn't touch him.

"untouchable"

Tribes really is a most amazing game.

as I type this, its midnight, I got no work tommarow (damn economy) Ill be sure to tell him that 5150 people are still around, I play Legions, and seeing as how its like Tribes (and tribes is coming back, via InstantAction) I have picked up Tribes as well. I believe that when Instant Action release Tribes on its site, my brother will come back and play a bit, competitive, idk, but just for the hell of it, most likely.

::OFF NOTE::
I used to wonder why both my brothers played tribes religiously (ReaListik, and my other brother, Illusion, or by his Arena Name <O.O> it was a face.) I now see what I have missed, and it pains me to see that. Damn I wish I would have played this game back in the day...

EDIT: I went and say my bro cuz of this thread. When I said 5150 people were still around, he laughed and smiled. When I told him that AO said hi, and that Smooth started the Thread, he got an even bigger laugh and smile. In other words, he says "whaaaaat uup."

I believe he wont come back to Tribes tho. Hes a WoW and DotA player now...

Do you remember his Jedi Knight addiction? I was around for that and when we first started playing tribes (-Lithium-) LOL - the good old days - give Adam regards.

At least once a week I will see someone pull some incredible move - this week
I watched a capper blaze in to the HildebrandLT base - grab the flag - swoop to
the side of the inventory building - bounce off of it straight up into the air - turn around
and NJ toward their base.

You stop - your jaw drops - what the hell? Even the cheaters couldn't touch him.

"untouchable"

Tribes really is a most amazing game.

/me waves

Oh god yes, I love hearing all his stories he has, for Tribes, Jedi Knight, and Tekken Tag, as well as a few Quake ones. Some of the things he discribed for these games were nuts.

Oh, and I noticed two people said Adam, thats not his name. Idk if he wants me to say it, but he thinks this 'adam' is Phase or some thing under his name.

One of my favorites I hear is him playing LD and having a Macro that spams something over and over, sounding like: dipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdipdip then he would turn and look at a teamate, wave, and say hi, but it was a female body with a male voice.

Last edited:
T1 on Windows 7

Is anyone running Tribes in Windows 7?

I just got 7 rolling and, when I start tribes it runs windowed and it doesn't seem to bring up the colored pointer that works in tribes.

Anyone gotten T1 working?

Edit: def. not running it in Virtual XP.

Last edited:
ReaL's name isn't Adam? Twist of the year!!

Tell ReaL you can't minedisc in WoW/DotA. :(

Scott, yeah I moved to LA 1.5 years ago. :p How's SD and the gang?

He has a problem with games he played competitively. He says when he picks it back up, later on, he hates it, its not fun for him, so Id say that he wont becoming back to Tribes, which is a shame to me, I wanted to play along side my bro. Never had the chance to, ever.

hes also a huge RPG fan.

Inspiring words, bugs. It's true, nothing compares to Starsiege Tribes. We should all feel proud to be among the remaining hundred or so players of this endlessly rewarding game.

And speaking of nade-jumping, beacon stopping/propelling is also a really cool looking trick but slightly easier to master well and much more useful. I've juked countless defences with a cleverly placed beacon. Beacon propelling is in some ways even cooler though. Falling down on a slope and placing a beacon to get a precise change in |v|ector can really save your neck in a pinch.

Yet when watching PUs I notice people not utilizing them very much..

But yeah, i've never nj'd in a PU or pub...a pesar de todo, mas poder para usted, DIsk.

Back