Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread
Page 10 of 331
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 07-04-2009, 22:06
marshall doing an excellent performance piece as a carpet mat or Vincent Ludwig's death in Naked Gun

Last edited by Kizzak; 07-04-2009 at 22:18..
Sponsored Links
uno
VeteranXX
Old
182 - 07-04-2009, 22:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftOfTheGame View Post
Rogers has looked really good, every single ball he has played in has been dangerous. Davies is doing ok, Freddy has been pretty meh other than the goal.
Team as a whole is looking pretty good, but then that might just be because of how terrible grenada is.
it is all about how terrible grenada is. even rogers.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
183 - 07-04-2009, 23:02
pretty much, the US should have had 7 or 8 with the amount of chances they manufactured

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
184 - 07-05-2009, 15:06
Beautiful sight out my window here in the Chi;

At the high school across the street, there's a massive soccer tournament for mostly African American teenagers ages 13-18. It's a really uplifting sight considering the massively small number of black kids who play soccer beyond grade school.

uno
VeteranXX
Old
185 - 07-05-2009, 15:07
yes because the fact that they are black is important...

**** off.

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
186 - 07-05-2009, 15:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
yes because the fact that they are black is important...

**** off.

Are you reflexively stupid, or did you actually think through what you were posting?

uno
VeteranXX
Old
187 - 07-05-2009, 15:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMVDA View Post

Are you reflexively stupid, or did you actually think through what you were posting?
please, explain to me what the **** it matters what color those kids were? would you have given a **** if it was bunch of white kids?

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
188 - 07-05-2009, 15:45
I think the point he's making is that many white kids (and hispanic kids) play soccer already through high school, it is rare to see black kids play soccer past elementary school - especially in urban areas.

You could say just about the same thing about hockey or baseball

uno
VeteranXX
Old
189 - 07-05-2009, 15:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
I think the point he's making is that many white kids (and hispanic kids) play soccer already through high school, it is rare to see black kids play soccer past elementary school - especially in urban areas.

You could say the same thing about hockey or baseball
its a lot different down here.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
190 - 07-05-2009, 15:52
That's just how I understood what he was saying

oh and Perez is trying to find someway to make back all the money they are spending this season
Quote:
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is plotting a football revolution in Europe after calling for the continent's biggest clubs to create a new "Super League".

Perez, who returned for a second stint as president of the Spanish giants last month, has embarked on a multi-million spending spree over the past few weeks, signing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema as part of his plan to assemble a new generation of galacticos.

The 62-year-old is now casting his net even wider in his bid to alter the face of European football, and has criticised UEFA's handling of the Champions League, indicating that the format of the competition does not benefit the biggest clubs.

"We have to agree a new European Super League which guarantees that the best always play the best - something that does not happen in the Champions League," Perez told Spanish television.

Perez added, however, that he hoped his proposed format could be implemented "without abandoning the national leagues".

uno
VeteranXX
Old
191 - 07-05-2009, 15:56
id like to see that, but i just dont think it is viable.

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
192 - 07-05-2009, 16:15
Quote:
please, explain to me what the **** it matters what color those kids were? would you have given a **** if it was bunch of white kids?
I'd have given less of a **** uno, for a few reasons reasons:

1) I'm a black American. I love the game of soccer. That makes me very much an odd man out in my community . The idea of being able to talk about the game and have the game respected among people who look like me and grew up in similar circumstances would be awesome.

2) If you look at the "major" American sports, African Americans are a dominant presence almost everywhere. Therefore, if African Americans are playing it, hockey being the exception, it may be on its way to becoming a more major sport.

3) African-American schools tend to get shafted on soccer opportunities. The sport tends to be underfunded and epically undercoached - if it's coached at all. I was personally discouraged from going into soccer when I grew up, as it was called a "***** sport" that " 'kids like you' don't play in high school" I'm assuming your visceral tantrum has to do with some idea that I should be colorblind, as if we live in a colorblind country. The desire for equality requires the recognition that people and places are presently unequal. Grow up.

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
193 - 07-05-2009, 16:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post

You could say just about the same thing about hockey or baseball
This. The percentage of African American kids in baseball is also dropping - ESPN's OTL did a report on it a year or so back. Are they racist too?

uno
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 07-05-2009, 16:18
Quote:
I'd have given less of a **** uno, for a few reasons reasons:

1) I'm a black American. I love the game of soccer. That makes me very much an odd man out in my community . The idea of being able to talk about the game and have the game respected among people who look like me and grew up in similar circumstances would be awesome.

2) If you look at the "major" American sports, African Americans are a dominant presence almost everywhere. Therefore, if African Americans are playing it, hockey being the exception, it may be on its way to becoming a more major sport.

3) African-American schools tend to get shafted on soccer opportunities. The sport tends to be underfunded and epically undercoached - if it's coached at all. I was personally discouraged from going into soccer when I grew up, as it was called a "***** sport" that " 'kids like you' don't play in high school" I'm assuming your visceral tantrum has to do with some idea that I should be colorblind, as if we live in a colorblind country. The desire for equality requires the recognition that people and places are presently unequal. Grow up.
lemme know when you consider yourself just an american.

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
195 - 07-05-2009, 16:21
Quote:
lemme know when you consider yourself just an american.
I promise you, as soon as educational opportunities, access to housing, economic opportunity and health care, variation in cultural promotion, and sexual taboos come into balance, I will be more than delighted to drop the qualifier.

uno
VeteranXX
Old
196 - 07-05-2009, 16:22
Quote:
I promise you, as soon as educational opportunities, access to housing, economic opportunity and health care, variation in cultural promotion, and sexual taboos come into balance, I will be more than delighted to drop the qualifier.
man i wish this was in another thread.

HomeSlice
VeteranX
Old
197 - 07-05-2009, 16:36
Kashima Antlers #1 in J-League! 39 points, 8 POINTS CLEAR!

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
198 - 07-05-2009, 20:19
AC Milan to offer £20m & Flamini for Emmanuel Adebayor - mirror.co.uk

Please be true. Please, please, please. Summer is so bitter-sweet while sifting through rumors.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
199 - 07-05-2009, 20:21
fake, but nice
http://www.oleole.com/media/main/pod...E_BROCHURE.pdf

caelum
VeteranXX
Old
200 - 07-05-2009, 20:43
Quote:
you ****ing ******s already have all this + more
damn race card bull****

Page 10 of 331

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
a game of two halves , barca = bitter twats! , fa cup repeat , forever blowing bubbles , forza mourinho , jew stew , jews control soccer , liverpool > arsenal , odio is a fucking retard , rrriiiiisssseeeeeeeeeeee , soccer , they took my son , wheres my wife , yarr matey i banged katie , you'll never be gay alone , you'll never smoke alone , you'll never wank alone