This is for you Trump voters.

Secession doesnt mean the end of trade. even if california needs something they dont have they can import it from another state/country. I think this is a fantastic idea for everyone involved

california would be perfectly fine without the rest of the nation. 6th largest economy in the world. largest producer of food in the US. number 1 dairy state in the US. and we got silicon valley and hollywood.

what do we need the rest of the country for?

How quickly can you guys get this arranged?

It would be perfect if this can be done by 1-1-17.

Perhaps asking Mexico to annex you instead might facilitate a quicker transition.

And when California secedes, we definitely need to charge them a 35% tariff on all exported goods like we will Mexico if they want to sell shit to America. Help us pay off our debt and spread the Hollywood wealth. Only fair. Hehe

So much data I'm not going to reference it all

I'll stop here and let you continue.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2016/04/03/californias-growing-imported-electricity-problem/#36650522e96b

Screen-Shot-2016-03-28-at-2.36.59-PM.jpg

only if we get to build a wall around it, to keep people in California from leaving.

Oregon_Ungreeting_Sign.jpg

James G. Blaine Society - Wikipedia

The sale of bumper stickers with phrases like "Don't Californicate Oregon" also became popular across the state in the 1970s. The governor's "come visit, but don't stay" remark as well as the ungreeting cards and bumper stickers articulated the values of the James G. Blaine Society.

And when California secedes, we definitely need to charge them a 35% tariff on all exported goods like we will Mexico if they want to sell shit to America. Help us pay off our debt and spread the Hollywood wealth. Only fair. Hehe

Yeah that's not how tariffs work.

You would be paying 35% more in order to encourage more domestic production.

We wouldn't be paying more.

yeah, I don't see that as a problem. if CA was cut off we'd just produce more domestically.

the reality is the talk of california leaving the union over this is imminently retarded. there's no legal way to do it under US law and the cost of untangling everything is probably more than it's worth.

but it's also pretty retarded to talk like we need the rest of the country for anything. we don't. we need tourist dollars, but we'll get those whether or not we're a part of the US. we need workers, but they'll come here even if we're our own country...and many in silicon valley would love it because then we could set our own immigration policy and import cheap labor in mass from india. and we need to sell everyone almonds...and you all will buy them whether or not we're in the country and given how dependent that crop is on weather I doubt anywhere else is going to take that over and I don't really care that much about almonds anyway.

we get less from the feds than we send to the feds so ultimately the US is a bit of a drain on our pocketbooks. the democrats and republicans don't even bother to campaign here for president because we come too late in the primaries to matter and the state so reliably goes democrat that even though we have the most EC votes and 12% of the US population we have exactly zero effect on the choice for president.

the dems need us more than we need them. too bad california democrats are too stupid to see that.

you also wouldn't sell any at +35% price

not that worried about it. china's a huge market and we have ports.

I think most of our nuts go to china anyway.

and you all need to get your tomatoes from somewhere. we produce 95% of the processed tomatoes in the US. don't know who's that remaining 5% but they better get working.

Day 1 of Trump Presidency: Wake up, get debriefed, shit, shower, shave and gets dressed for his first official intelligence briefing.

Trump sits down at the head of the table and the director of the CIA comes over and says, "President Trump, we want to show you something." A black and white video starts playing of JFK riding in his limo in Dallas. However, this video has never been made public; in fact, this video is taken from the shooters perspective. A few moments later, JFK is killed, the limo speeds away and the video stops.

The directed sits down, looks at President Trump and sternly says, "Mr. President, do you have any questions about your policies?".​

I thought it was going to happen on day 1 but apparently, they already got him as many of the things he ran on, are crumbling as we speak.

Intel, AMD, nVidia, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, Apple, Google/Alphabet, Air BnB, Uber, Pandora, Disney, Tesla, to name a few, are all HQed/based/were started in California.

Yes, go pay more for all of those and get started on your domestic replacements.

Back