Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW
Page 4 of 39
nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 07-20-2011, 11:22
when i was like 11 years old and first getting on AOL

the first thing my dad said to me was "dont put your personal **** online"

so you'd sort of think it would be common sense to at least be somewhat careful about what you leave out there

then again i've learned that what is common sense to me is rarely common sense to really stupid people

Sponsored Links
Merranza
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 07-20-2011, 11:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
get used to the fact that there is no anonymity on the internet anymore (if there ever was)

it's not something TW admins can just wave a magic wand and fix

and anyone who requires a veil of nice safe anonymity to post here can **** off anyway seriously pathetic
I understand where you comment if coming from but at the same time, I have a problem with the lack of courage nexting requires. People nexting are the same people that would run away if anybody wanted to break their face in a fight. They next because that's the only way they have to have any kind of impact on someone's life because any other attempt would fail pathetically.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
63 - 07-20-2011, 11:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriky View Post
There was a time when a TW regular brazenly abusing another would have been remedied by the ******* in question being banned.

Out of curiosity Fool and Rayn: would you respond well to **** like the above being done to you? Or would your first inclination be to go ahead and make use of that ban feature?

We do ban people when we feel they've gone too far, or when they need a time out. Ultimately though there is absolutely nothing we can do to prevent it from happening to begin with. Short of 24 hour smurf-watch, and preventing you from posting pictures and profiles to begin with, what would you have us do?

Reposting your picture or information that YOU shared is not "nexting". If you're embarrassed by that information, do not provide it in the first place. The only alternative from an "administrative" standpoint would be to go gestapo on Tribalwar and remove the ability to speak freely, which was the entire reasoning behind Tribalwar's creation.

~rizzle~
VeteranX
Old
64 - 07-20-2011, 11:25
I think people generally accept that there is little to no anonymity on the internet anymore, but that being said, it was what is done with said information that is sad.

Just because you have the ability to find out everything you wanted about someone, doesn't mean you should go around posting it everywhere and ****ing with them IRL.

Find their info and stash it away for a rainy day if need be, but calls to employers, etc is pretty lame. You really have to have nothing going on outside of work to care that much about people on an internet forum.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 07-20-2011, 11:25
i liked kurayami as a poster

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 07-20-2011, 11:26
**** I'm still not over that 263 mark.

my content = no content.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 07-20-2011, 11:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merranza View Post
I understand where you comment if coming from but at the same time, I have a problem with the lack of courage nexting requires. People nexting are the same people that would run away if anybody wanted to break their face in a fight. They next because that's the only way they have to have any kind of impact on someone's life because any other attempt would fail pathetically.
I dunno...I'm not part of the nexting thug crew but my thoughts would be that yes, it's relatively easy to do....

but it's also really funny that all that is required to make someone leave the forum forever is to post their real name and picture*. so i guess it's a balance edit: I don't know why people keep mentioning ****ing with peoples jobs and calling employers and stuff. to my knowledge (and i have a good memory) that has NEVER happened in one of these cases where someone has been nexted and 'cyberbullied' off the forum. It kinda happened with Yoda and it happened with FOURSTAR, both very different circumstances...

*(this forum where most of us have been posting for like 10 years and have met up with other members in real life and stuff)

Last edited by coombz; 07-20-2011 at 11:29..
SkivviS
VeteranX
Old
68 - 07-20-2011, 11:28
i miss kura and tse tse actually

noclue
Veteran4
Old
69 - 07-20-2011, 11:28
My cabbage has stopped growing.Tonight Ill try different fertilizer and reposition it out of the sun.Im hoping it will get really big and some time I can eat it.
Next year im growing just beets, nothing else.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 07-20-2011, 11:29
cringe was an usher in my wedding

i met him through tribes

a lot of people here know my real name and have seen pictures of me

on the other hand, in 10+ years ive never found it necessary to post where i work

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 07-20-2011, 11:29
i have both been in fights and taken a punch or two to the face

come at me bro

ElectroWaffle
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 07-20-2011, 11:29
Here's a ****ing idea:

When a thread gets "Closed"

Instead of "Closed", it should say "GESCHLOSSEN"

I think this would solve countless problems.

Merranza
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 07-20-2011, 11:31
I think I stand on the same opinion most are (lurkers or not) on tw. Posting real life pics or name for **** and giggles is something I can live with no problem. Calling employers, making real life menace to loved ones, etc. is where I can't stand it.

MadBoFo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
74 - 07-20-2011, 11:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
You take out of TW what you bring to it. Don't post your photos and employment history on Tribalwar if you're uncomfortable with someone bringing it up again later.
that's just it, no one has posted their own information on this site, creepy no-life losers like fraggle (and his sidekick ref) have taken to posting it for them.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 07-20-2011, 11:32
How did refried get joefags5k resume?

tehvul2
Veteran++
Old
76 - 07-20-2011, 11:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 View Post

come at me bro
I love getting punched in the face. The look my attacker always has on their face when I just lick my blood, and smile at them is ****ing priceless...

Merranza
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 07-20-2011, 11:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 View Post

come at me bro
Thanks for reinforcing my argument.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 07-20-2011, 11:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
How did refried get joefags5k resume?
my thinking is that it required either hacking a Gibson, or using Google

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 07-20-2011, 11:35
Quote:
I think I stand on the same opinion most are (lurkers or not) on tw. Posting real life pics or name for **** and giggles is something I can live with no problem. Calling employers, making real life menace to loved ones, etc. is where I can't stand it.
if i wanted to call fool's employer and tell them that he spends 7 hours a day posting pictures of teenage girl ass on the internet

i probably couldn't

because somehow after 10 years of posting here, i have no idea what company he works for

i wonder why that is

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 07-20-2011, 11:35
Quote:
Thanks for reinforcing my argument.
yeah because that was clearly "real life menacing"

Page 4 of 39

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ಠ_ಠ , ace-con.com is awesome , ace-con.com ripped me off , ace-con.com trash site , big fucking deal , chris johnson toronto , doin my own thing in wow forum , must be doing something right , o neat kura is posting , the fall of tw , yarr matey i banged katie