gas at $2.75, oil prices falling, and america producing more oil than anyone else by Goshin - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page gas at $2.75, oil prices falling, and america producing more oil than anyone else
Page 5 of 10
ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
81 - 10-28-2014, 08:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
yeah but that's a truck and the only people who drive one of those are hillbillys and nascar fans
except people who are not zipperheads, own a boat, own a 5th wheel, have motocycles, have a cab for whatever, own multiple properties..

Sponsored Links
-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
82 - 10-28-2014, 08:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealyRrunk View Post
2011 - 41.2 billion dollars in federal gas tax revenue

2011 - 137 billion dollars in total revenue for the following companies

Also for every dollar they spend on lobbying they receive 30 dollars in tax breaks.

So I'm not sure how you get this idea that the government makes more in fuel taxes than these companies make in a year, seems to me that the federal government is giving them heaps and heaps of tax breaks in return for campaign contributions and PAC support.

depending on a far left 'tax policy center' doesnt exactly help you out, nor does it contribute to you understanding a P&L sheet either -especially with you not listing 2012 and 2013.

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=XOM...atement&annual

Bonus: tell everyone what their current tax rate (non-deferred) is for each of the 3 years linked above and contrast that with Apple or GE. Btw, Berkshire Hathaway also deferred a total of more than $2 billion in tax payments

Here's a hint (since you only trust leftie news sources): http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...tw-share&_r=4&
Quote:
Last week, in a Congressional hearing, Apple got grilled for its low-tax strategy. But not every business can copy that approach.
The gvt reaps billions off of a product that doesnt cost them anything to produce, yet you dont say a word about leftwing companies who don't "pay their fair share".

lol you're such shill

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
83 - 10-28-2014, 09:13
Dealy might be even more retarded than that paid liberal shill Tigran. Remember that *******?

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
84 - 10-28-2014, 10:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayvok View Post
Tundra fully loaded
So $85 x 3 = $255 a week x 4 = $1020 a month

That's enough to get a nice daily driver car that's more fuel efficient. Pay the additional insurance on it and probably all the gas in it for a month.

If the truck is being used for work then all that gas should being written off at tax time along with the mileage.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
85 - 10-28-2014, 11:07
do you know how things really work or are you just guessing?

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 10-28-2014, 11:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
Dealy is a cold, hard

idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post

depending on a far left 'tax policy center' doesnt exactly help you out, nor does it contribute to you understanding a P&L sheet either

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=XOM...atement&annual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
Dealy might be even more retarded than that paid liberal shill Tigran. Remember that *******?
i'm sorry, but what are you idiots calling dealy out for? -SS- pointlessly posted the P&L for XOM for the past 3 years which doesn't go against anything dealy said, but shows XOM pays a typical corporate tax rate. it also doesnt show the impact to their revenue from ridiculous federal subsidies (which are no better or worse than subsidies offered for non-cost effective alternative energy such as solar).

If you're true conservatives longing for smaller government you should be as outraged at the subsidies we give to oil & gas companies as the subsidies we give to alt energy, farms, etc.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 10-28-2014, 11:39
Well the worst part is that these idiots refuse to support any subsidies/credits/grants for alternative energy.

talking about how if the technology was worth investing in, it should stand on its own... compete with market forces...

you mean the compete with an industry that receives significantly larger subsidies, credits, and grants...

its illogical at best and hypocritical at worst. surprisingly (?) they cannot understand that basic argument.

and that's not even getting into the historical role the gov't has had in pushing advanced research...

NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 10-28-2014, 11:42
Wall Street welfare is ok because the political class benefits directly

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 10-28-2014, 11:45
also some states are moving away from gas taxes in favor of increase sales taxes, due to increased fuel efficiency.

stupid people see that as a win because their gas is lower. they don't realize everything else is more expensive.

also transfers any revenue generated by out of state drivers passing through back to in-state shoppers.

but hey! my gas is a little cheaper!

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 10-28-2014, 11:51

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 10-28-2014, 14:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code4 View Post
So $85 x 3 = $255 a week x 4 = $1020 a month

That's enough to get a nice daily driver car that's more fuel efficient. Pay the additional insurance on it and probably all the gas in it for a month.

If the truck is being used for work then all that gas should being written off at tax time along with the mileage.
That's not how mileage write-offs work, skipper.

You can write off the mileage, or the actual cost(gas, oil, etc) not both.

You have to be doing some pretty crazy mileage(and not need to vehicle for work) before buying a second car just for work actually works out. If you think the monthly cost of gas is all that goes in to making it work, you haven't taken 20 seconds to think it through.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
92 - 10-28-2014, 16:16
lol notice none of the posters who disagree with me can refute my point that hologram is full of ****, they just dont have any evidence to support such a claim.

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 10-28-2014, 19:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
i'm sorry, but what are you idiots calling dealy out for? -SS- pointlessly posted the P&L for XOM for the past 3 years which doesn't go against anything dealy said, but shows XOM pays a typical corporate tax rate. it also doesnt show the impact to their revenue from ridiculous federal subsidies (which are no better or worse than subsidies offered for non-cost effective alternative energy such as solar).

If you're true conservatives longing for smaller government you should be as outraged at the subsidies we give to oil & gas companies as the subsidies we give to alt energy, farms, etc.
Haha, sure.

You failed to grasp the selective nature of the selective outrage -over oil 'tax breaks'. Not only was dealy's retarded post easily dismantled, but since I have to break it down to you, it was my post that clearly showed how that selective outrage was focused only on a particular industry and tax breaks instead of many others. Ooops.

It's only bad if Big Oil gets tax breaks because... Big Oil instead of railing on both 'sides' as I pointed out.

I hope you can comprehend my post as it can be complicated and glad we could clear that up. If you arent sure, next time ask. I'll clarify so you wont be confused and make simple mistakes you should know better than making (which you of course are welcome to quote where I support any subsidy given they distort markets).

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
94 - 10-28-2014, 19:28
i buy all my gas on the black market. i havent paid more then $1.50/gallon in 3 years

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
95 - 10-28-2014, 19:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
weird cause off the coast of LA there's a billion platforms
those are foreign rigs not owned by US companies.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
96 - 10-28-2014, 19:52
Quote:
Haha, sure.

You failed to grasp the selective nature of the selective outrage -over oil 'tax breaks'. ...
it was my post that clearly showed how that selective outrage was focused only on a particular industry and tax breaks instead of many others. Ooops.
Ooooh booooo hoooo I'm talking **** about oil companies cause I don't agree with this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
I also find it pretty funny that all the democrats are talking about the "evil, profiteering" oil companies, yet the government makes more money in taxes than the people who pull it out of the ground do.
Why don't you just tattoo the name of your favorite oil company onto your forehead so we can all know whose property you are?

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 10-28-2014, 19:57
Quote:
Ooooh booooo hoooo I'm talking **** about oil companies cause I don't agree with this statement:

Why don't you just tattoo the name of your favorite oil company onto your forehead so we can all know whose property you are?
With an Owebama mushroom stamp on your forehead and lips, Im sure you have the covered for everyone here.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
98 - 10-28-2014, 19:59
Plz show us exactly what year the oil industry had to pay more in taxes than they made in profit if you would like to prove a point since you're keen on defending them.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
99 - 10-28-2014, 20:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
Well the worst part is that these idiots refuse to support any subsidies/credits/grants for alternative energy.
i support them for neither

why should tax payers pay for yet another bastard step child?

because we have one already? yeah...that's a piss poor argument.

gut all subsidies for big oil.

if prices reflected what they actually should be, without subsidization and endless bailouts, perhaps alternative energy would be at a price advantage.

then it wouldn't need any tax money. it would stand on its own. we wouldn't be *****ing about more solyndras and broken window spending fallacies.

or you know...give the government more money to squander with their proven cronyism.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
100 - 10-28-2014, 20:31
Quote:
lol notice none of the posters who disagree with me can refute my point that hologram is full of ****, they just dont have any evidence to support such a claim.
nobody can refute dealyderp

his argument is always cock solid

Quote:
Haha, sure.

You failed to grasp the selective nature of the selective outrage -over oil 'tax breaks'. Not only was dealy's retarded post easily dismantled, but since I have to break it down to you, it was my post that clearly showed how that selective outrage was focused only on a particular industry and tax breaks instead of many others. Ooops.

It's only bad if Big Oil gets tax breaks because... Big Oil instead of railing on both 'sides' as I pointed out.

I hope you can comprehend my post as it can be complicated and glad we could clear that up. If you arent sure, next time ask. I'll clarify so you wont be confused and make simple mistakes you should know better than making (which you of course are welcome to quote where I support any subsidy given they distort markets).

look at how they suck off warren buffet for higher taxes

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-tax-take.html

despite him doing tons of **** like this

Last edited by Captain Tele; 10-28-2014 at 20:34..
Page 5 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page gas at $2.75, oil prices falling, and america producing more oil than anyone else

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
taxleach shit for brains , want small govt soooo baaaad