Things you already know...

Contrails are real. But they aren't motivated like people think they are

When 9-11 shut down flights for 3 days, it actually got hotter. This is what the initial studies said.

Of course the climate change folks can't let that stand and are going back to revise to say contrails bad.

Can aircraft trails affect climate? : Nature News

"Two studies1,2 noted that when planes stopped flying on 11–14 September 2001, the average daily temperature range in the United States rose markedly, exceeding the three-day periods before and after by an average of 1.8 °C. The unusual size of the shift, says David Travis of the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, who led both of the earlier studies, implied that an absence of contrails gave the temperature range a significant boost. But that idea, he says, was "more like a hypothesis" than a firm conclusion."

ya, i used 2 think sleep was wasted time but i was wrong

it helps u live well physically and spiritually

When 9-11 shut down flights for 3 days, it actually got hotter. This is what the initial studies said.

Of course the climate change folks can't let that stand and are going back to revise to say contrails bad.

"Two studies1,2 noted that when planes stopped flying on 11–14 September 2001, the average daily temperature range in the United States rose markedly, exceeding the three-day periods before and after by an average of 1.8 °C. The unusual size of the shift, says David Travis of the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, who led both of the earlier studies, implied that an absence of contrails gave the temperature range a significant boost. But that idea, he says, was "more like a hypothesis" than a firm conclusion."

Well they are artificial high-altitude clouds, so there is at least some effect of reflecting solar radiation. But there are no mysterious chemicals being pumped into the atmosphere from the exhaust of your typical airliner. Not to say that the government has never pumped something into the atmosphere, but it's not being done by the airline industry as part of some conspiracy.

With virtually no international, and limited domestic flights throughout most of covid 2020, why hasn't the entire planet overheated?

So why can't I find Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint anywhere?

and the one god forsaken place that does have it (desertcart - thx mitch) wont fly it out b/c scary aerosols blow up planes or some bullshit (load of crap)

mitch would have logisticized some aerosols 4u but they fired him 4 doing shit like that b/c they hate freedom

So why can't I find Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint anywhere?

and the one god forsaken place that does have it (desertcart - thx mitch) wont fly it out b/c scary aerosols blow up planes or some bullshit (load of crap)

Home Hardware/Mitre 10 are distributors of Rust-Oleum in Aus, though they don't seem to stock that one. Maybe if you ask 'em they could special order it in?

Noting there also seems to be this: https://varietypaints.com.au/products/oil-rubbed-bronze-metallic-made-to-match-rustoleum-300-gram

Might also take a look at the Dulux metalshield hammered bronze, if that's a finish that'll work for you - that might work for a table

Last edited:
Home Hardware/Mitre 10 are distributors of Rust-Oleum in Aus, though they don't seem to stock that one. Maybe if you ask 'em they could special order it in?

Noting there also seems to be this: https://varietypaints.com.au/products/oil-rubbed-bronze-metallic-made-to-match-rustoleum-300-gram

Might also take a look at the Dulux metalshield hammered bronze, if that's a finish that'll work for you - that might work for a table

thx - I looked at the colour match guys but wasn't going to pay $35+ for a spray can

I'm not big on hammer finish, it holds the dirt too much. I ordered some antique brass that should look OK. If not I'll just go to a grey or cream.

I want to do it brass or bronze b/c this thing is an old cast workbench with a 2" thick wooden top. Thing weighs a ton. It had been kicking around the metal foundry where I worked for near 50 years (it was probably cast there), I decided it was in the way and needed a new home (my shed). I spent weeks shot blasting and burning the old 15 layers of paint from it. Been sitting in primer for a few months while I get round to it. Should come out looking nice.

Back