Zoph eats at shitty places so you don't have to

Definitely not pork that's for sure

they cut your hands off for that in your shitty country, then they stone you to death with lamb nuggets

I would try a McGoat, I love goat curry.

In China I once got Ostrich pizza from Pizza Hut, it was a Christmas special. I think they must have gotten the translation of turkey mixed up.

They also had a deep sea pizza with eel and jellyfish, it was about as good as it sounds.

I never liked sea urchin, ppl rave about it and got it all the time in China, but it is like mustard coloured bile.

Abalone on the other hand is awesome sauce - we used to call it Pussy Soup

I don't eat sea food either. People are paying big money for bottom feeding cockroaches. To make it taste good, they drench it in butter and salt. Can do the same thing with pasta.

Panera Bread, White Oak, Maryland.

Panera+Exterior+2.jpg

I had intended to eat at the Chick Fil A next door. But with the line there practically out the door and only two employees taking orders, I thought, "Fuck this;" and, I went to Panera.

My first thought after walking in, "Does this place serve any food? Or is it more like a coffee shop that also serves pastries?"

My next thought was, "This is yuppie bullshit. Honest to god, I thought that this was a restaurant."

At least it had sit down available unlike Chick Fil A which did not. The clientelle was a mixed package of upper crust useful idiots. Most had faces buried in their I phones. Some even were working on their laptops. It was a sure bet that none of them were checking tw.

Somehow, I managed to find a sandwich that they offered: a steak & white cheddar. What a damn shame that I had NO CHOICE what they put on it. There was a sprinkling of diced red onions. And a buttery, oily "something." The bread was like a flat bread, sub roll thing that actually tasted freshly baked. The steak slices were tasty too... what actually was there. The "white cheddar" was all but gone though after it was nuked. No slathering of mayo, no lettuce, no tomato slices, no green peppers, and no pickle slices. Bottom line: It was an imitation steak and cheese that was under portioned and over priced. (Almost $10)

Worst of all, the damn thing immediately gave me the Hershey Squirts. So I blasted my chocolate retro rocket in their mens' room which only had ONE pot (plus one urinal) and one fucking sink. But at least it was clean. It stunk like sulphur though only because I stunk the joint up bigtime. I would have sprayed with air freshener if they had provided any. But I allowed the guy behind me to breathe in the ambiance. I'm sure that it made his day.

The chocolate chip cookie was merely average.

The service was very good with quick order taking and a minimal wait time.

But damn, they need to provide actual food at this place.

A steak & white cheddar, Bubbler (fountain) drink (green tea), and a chocolate chip cookie set me back $13.65. The payment machine had a tip option. But I never give tips for counter service where I have to go get it when my name is called.

My grade: C. Recommended for yuppies and karens only.

How the fuck can a chocolate chip cookie be average? That's fucked up. Making a chocolate chip cookie awesome is easy as tits.

How the fuck can a chocolate chip cookie be average? That's fucked up. Making a chocolate chip cookie awesome is easy as tits.

Average chocolate chip cookie: Not fresh or stale. Flavor is middle of the road. May lack a proper portion of ingredients. But still will do in a pinch. Other examples of average chocolate chip cookies: Boston Market restaurants, Subway, or Chick Fil A.

Good ones are freshly made, usually at home. And the flavor sings for you.

Chipotles, Hillandale Shopping Center, Maryland

Chipotle-Mexican-Grill.jpg

They call themselves a "Mexican Grill." I suppose that fits about as well as "chronic diarrhea." To their credit, they are more authentic and tastier than Taco Bell. But that's like saying that a great fart is better than a great burp. It's all relative; but, you probably wouldn't want to take your family there.

Each restaurant is individually owned. The owners have some leeway about how their particular Chipoopies is run. THIS particular Chipoopies is a tiny, hole in the wall closet that looks like it's been swallowed up by larger, more upscale shops. They had no dine in or deliveries available. It was carry out only.

The menu was extremely limited. You had FOUR choices: salad, burrito, taco, and "something else." I got a burrito that was served "kitchen sink" style with everything but the drink inside the damned thing: beans (from two choices: pinto or black), rice (two choices), and other fixins such as tomatoes, sour cream, and for an extra charge, guacamole. Damned thing was heavy... at least a couple of pounds. And it was large enough... I'd call it plenty filling. The taste was good but not great.

Convenience was top notch. It was an easy off and easy on from the beltway to New Hampshire Avenue with ample, free parking. If you're really in a hurry, you may phone in your order in advance. But I did not find this to be necessary.

Service was perfunctory and rude. But at least it was efficient. Wait time was short.

My carne asada burrito + guac set me back $12.94.

My grade: B-/C+. I might go back there.

I've posted all these reviews on yelp for you. I also sent your pic to the managers.

:rocker:

Back