Troll feeding time (Brunch at Burj Al Arab)

I obviously have no idea what he drank. But i have had australian shiraz from 5 dollars a bottle to 50 dollars for the bottle. And You can spend more then that without too much trouble if you pick the right year for the region. So your comment is actually as totally worthless as his was.

Conveniently, he doesn't remember the year or the region. Anybody willing to drop $42/glass on wine should know his wine.

Also, don't get butt-hurt just because Shiraz is generally a less expensive wine and happens to be from your native country. Don't worry, there are plenty of inexpensive American grapes, too.

sorry bro if you could afford it you would've said "my chiraz was something like $40 and the beer was almost $20" and not "my chiraz was $42 exactly and the heineken was $15"

it's simple human behaviour

I was converting it from the local currency, and it was as easy to type 42 as it was to type 40, but if you think that means i'm just making this up, then fair enough, you must be right.

You pay for the surroundings, the view and the atmosphere, so yes, i'm willing to pay. And I was there as a couple. 3 couples actually. And Sunday is a work day here, Friday is exactly the same as Sunday is where you live, i.e. the religious holiday (The Muslim Sabbath equivalent) and the day where everyone relaxes at the pool / beach or goes for a nice brunch. Zat OK for ya?

You're mixing an English tradition with Australian wine, German beer and Islamic weekends? Don't they throw you in prison for that?

I get around, and I've travelled rather extensively, and dined at locales, yet I cannot recall ever spending 10x the retail price of a bottle of wine, regardless of the view, because at some point reason kicks in. We'll pay $6 for a beer at a football game, but you'll never get us to pay $10.

This is also true. People making "more than $150k/year" tend to know their wines a little better than this impersonator.

Lol. I never pretended to "know wine". I don't. But I do know that I fancied a glass of Red with my steak, and that I generally like Shiraz. Nobody else wanted Red so I had to choose from the "by the glass" menu which had only 2 Shiraz's on it. I more or less flipped a coin. I wanted a glass of wine, I didn't need to know the colour of the underpants of the guy that stuck the fucking label on it. Wine snobs are wankers. Do you generally overanalyse people you know fuck all about?

I was converting it from the local currency, and it was as easy to type 42 as it was to type 40, but if you think that means i'm just making this up, then fair enough, you must be right.

Believe me I don't doubt you had brunch at a nice restaurant

what I do doubt is your non-chalant attitude about how much it cost/affordability

you clearly cannot afford to be eating at a place like this. the fact you thought it was even special enough to tell other people about is highly indicative of this fact.

You're mixing an English tradition with Australian wine, German beer and Islamic weekends? Don't they throw you in prison for that?

I get around, and I've travelled rather extensively, and dined at locales, yet I cannot recall ever spending 10x the retail price of a bottle of wine, regardless of the view, because at some point reason kicks in. We'll pay $6 for a beer at a football game, but you'll never get us to pay $10.

Whatever floats your boat. I had a great afternoon and considered it money well spent. Heineken is Dutch.

you've never been to vegas or high end nyc nightclubs then... quite often you'll find a 20-25$ bottle of absolut for 400-500$... that's 20x markup.

you spent $500 on a FIRST date with your new wife

how the fuck can you possibly ever say anything about overspending on stupid shit

Mitchdubai reminds me of a friend I had in college.

He didn't have money but he liked to pretend like he did. He adored all the rich kids. He'd drop $140 on a Lacoste shirt even though it would more or less bankrupt him for a week and a half. Then he'd wear it around so proudly like, hey look at me guys, I'm wearing a Lacoste shirt. Over the course of two years he ended up collecting like five of them, and it's pretty much all he wore.

This is how I see Mitchdubai, only Mitchdubai is slightly older and still wishes he had money. So he's willing to bankrupt himself to feel good about his afternoon.

"So what if I spent $42 on a glass of chiraz? I don't care. I had a great afternoon."

Which is basically what my friend would say to justify buying $140 Lacoste shirts he couldn't afford.

"So what if I spent $140 on a shirt? I don't care. It's good material."

Then when we'd stop to grab a coffee, he wouldn't be able to afford it.. nahh bro my finances are kinda tight right now.. I'll just make one when I get home.

Believe me I don't doubt you had brunch at a nice restaurant

what I do doubt is your non-chalant attitude about how much it cost/affordability

you clearly cannot afford to be eating at a place like this. the fact you thought it was even special enough to tell other people about is highly indicative of this fact.

Dude, you can think what you like. If it's not yet obvious that I chose to tell others about it just for a bit of light entertainment (which has been delivered nicely), then you're not especially bright.

I don't splash on brunch like this every week, but I eat at this hotel maybe 3 or 4 times a year for the last 10 years. If I couldn't afford to do it, I wouldn't.

Whatever floats your boat. I had a great afternoon and considered it money well spent. Heineken is Dutch.

They have 40 breweries in 39 countries. See, I can take the two seconds to come up with that, but you can't take a second to see what kind of wine you're ordering?

Also, brunch is a late-morning meal, so you can't consider it a great afternoon. You're starting to form holes in your fictitious plot!

I don't splash on brunch like this every week, but I eat at this hotel maybe 3 or 4 times a year for the last 10 years. If I couldn't afford to do it, I wouldn't.

3-4 times/year != you can afford it, you dumb shit.

1zg432b.jpg

I'm pretty sure it cost more than half a days salary, but you'd be stupid to admit to something like that on a forum like this where you'd get torn apart for being a retard.

So the safe and yet not so safe approach was to make it up.

Well, if I tell them it's like.. 1/10 of what I earn in a day they won't believe me.. and if I tell them it cost me what I earn over the course of several days, they'll laugh at me.. hmm, where do I find a middle ground.

you spent $500 on a FIRST date with your new wife

how the fuck can you possibly ever say anything about overspending on stupid shit

Simple. I don't overspend on what can be found a much more reasonable price. Furthermore, I can afford it. I spend a lot of money, yes, but I spend reasonably.

I even contacted a fellow TWer to get a discounted rate at the Wynn Encore for our Vegas trip before I deployed (they even upgraded my room for free because I was military). I can have a good time without throwing money away on overpriced items. That's my point.

Back