[CONCLUSTION] How I fixed my leak, and a new moisture problem that needs solving by Reggs - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [CONCLUSTION] How I fixed my leak, and a new moisture problem that needs solving
Page 3 of 5
easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 10-21-2021, 02:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
What is "the window" in relation to measuring the window?
You want a window approx. 1" smaller than the narrowest part of the opening. Translation: min 1/2" gap all the way around.

Get someone good at doing windows to do it. <joke style=sister> Any tard can fill a hole. </joke>

Sponsored Links
HumDumpin
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 10-21-2021, 04:44
Reggs have you tried licking the window?

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 10-21-2021, 09:16

Humdumpster pulls one outta the hat!

Goshin
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 10-21-2021, 09:29
your handyman should have measured the window before telling you if it was custom etc

go to lowes and show them a picture/measurements then call around

Reggs
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 10-21-2021, 14:05
I can get pics of the window sometime. I'd have to drive all the way back out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyodd View Post
You want a window approx. 1" smaller than the narrowest part of the opening. Translation: min 1/2" gap all the way around.

Get someone good at doing windows to do it. <joke style=sister> Any tard can fill a hole. </joke>
I see what you're saying. I can imagine I can do that unless I take the broken window out. I do know that the broken window fits and would like to measure that so I can buy the same type of window.

Is there any easy way to measure the window and use those measurements to track down a replacement window?

easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 10-21-2021, 16:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I can get pics of the window sometime. I'd have to drive all the way back out there.

I see what you're saying. I can imagine I can do that unless I take the broken window out. I do know that the broken window fits and would like to measure that so I can buy the same type of window.

Is there any easy way to measure the window and use those measurements to track down a replacement window?
Yeah, I said it earlier. Take the trim off and see what you have. ...the interior trim.

Find someone who knows how to install windows. If they know what they're doing, they're going to pull the interior trim off and find the dimensions of the rough opening themselves. If they are good, they won't trust a dimension you give them but will probably base a fee off the approx. size of the window from your dimension. It probably won't be a one day process if the old one was leaking. They will have to repair leak damage.

Goshin
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 10-21-2021, 17:38
you could probably just ****ing replace the glass too
vinyl frames last a long time

lemontw
Veteran++
Old
48 - 10-21-2021, 17:40
sell as-is

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 10-21-2021, 17:55
^ for real dude, you ain't recovering most of that and you will most likely still make a chunk

bonepuppet
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 10-21-2021, 21:37
Home Depot - a place where the usual idiot can get just enough information to be a danger to himself and his home.

Plasmatic
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 10-21-2021, 23:36
FFS, it would be cheaper to just fly King Sobeski in and have him butcher it up. He might not do it right but it will look ok.

Fling
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 10-21-2021, 23:47
Go to your local hardware store that isn't a big box and get some help.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 10-21-2021, 23:55
Lemon has the best advice so far
It's going to be painful watching this.
Funny, but painful.

Last edited by Brasstax; 10-22-2021 at 17:01..
KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 10-22-2021, 13:12
Remodeling or repairing anything in a house outside of the kitchen and bathroom normally loses money ... Especially for amateurs just sell it

samUwell
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
55 - 10-22-2021, 17:56
Have you thought about doing a retrofit window?

Did I read correctly and that you are in Alabama? If so, retrofit windows Alabama

check this out: Vinyl Windows | Buy New, Replacement and DIY Windows Online

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
56 - 10-22-2021, 21:34
Try this on it:

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
57 - 10-23-2021, 09:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post

Reggs
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 10-25-2021, 14:09
I went to the house today so one guy could take measurements and get back with a quote. We will see. I also repaired a latch on a sliding door. Checking around the house I found a new problem. I think some kind of animal has clawed it's way into the house.

There were bits of insulation in the grass too. I swear it just never ends. Of all the things that can turn up. I went in the attic around the area where the hole would be but could not get a clear view of anything. The house is completely empty so Im going to come back with long sleeves/face shield/ gloves ect to climb all over the attic to find the hole.

There is a long aluminum ladder I think I can get on the roof with, but I'd have to try that only when some service guy is at the house, otherwise if I fall no one will be around. Im wondering if I can find the hole inside if I can just pull that back in place, tape it up, let the insulation on the roof blow away over time and no one will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
Have you thought about doing a retrofit window?

Did I read correctly and that you are in Alabama? If so, retrofit windows Alabama

check this out: Vinyl Windows | Buy New, Replacement and DIY Windows Online
Thanks, I will check these out

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 10-25-2021, 14:12
flying fox found a new home

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 10-25-2021, 14:14
Reggs - when you say "face shield" make sure to wear a proper mask or respirator up in that attic. You do not want to be inhaling rodent/bat droppings. You know, to avoid fun things like Hantavirus.

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [CONCLUSTION] How I fixed my leak, and a new moisture problem that needs solving

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
incel thread