New t1 game in the works

To what? Waste my time? If this whoever the fuck he is doesn't already acknowledge this the game was dead before he even thought about making it. It's going to go nowhere and he just needs to stop.

idk why people think im mad when im just pointing out the obvious. Mid Air promised t1 like blah blah blah and it delivered literally nothing. That game died before it was out of pre alpha or some shit. Dead as fuck. Whoever the fuck this guy is isn't going to do it either. Like I stated earlier in the thread the things that made tribes great were all accidents and not intended by the devs. That's what made it the game it was. If this guy played t1 for 5 minutes.... I'd be shocked.

To what? Waste my time? If this whoever the fuck he is doesn't already acknowledge this the game was dead before he even thought about making it. It's going to go nowhere and he just needs to stop.

i doubt he is expecting a sell out or w/e also i asked and they said they haven't edited fall damage and what not

That's great good for him whoever the fuck he is but just expect history to repeat itself.

Skiing, mine disking, all things essential to make tribes as big as it got were never intended. All accidents. Which is weird to say cuz I bought it at launch when we were all still using targeting lasers and such and it seemed so amazing and fun to play an FPS not in a scaled path but all over the fucking map with jetpacks and what not. But the elevation of the game was something nobody could have even predicted and it was all due to scripts. Literally one of the most amazing games ever happened by accident.

Good luck trying to replicate that. Even the original devs couldn't.

That's great good for him whoever the fuck he is but just expect history to repeat itself.

Skiing, mine disking, all things essential to make tribes as big as it got were never intended. All accidents. Which is weird to say cuz I bought it at launch when we were all still using targeting lasers and such and it seemed so amazing and fun to play an FPS not in a scaled path but all over the fucking map with jetpacks and what not. But the elevation of the game was something nobody could have even predicted and it was all due to scripts. Literally one of the most amazing games ever happened by accident.

Good luck trying to replicate that. Even the original devs couldn't.
This, and also a lot of the stuff that made Tribes stood out back in the day is commonplace now. Like, being able to hop in a vehicle, fly around over some rolling hills, then going inside a base with a bunch of winding corridors and shit without a loading screen inbetween was pretty impressive in the 90s.

Compared to today's standards, the only real unique selling point of a Tribes game is the jetpack + skiing thing, which most people simply have no interest in learning.

That's what I'm trying to drive into people's heads. The complexity of Tribes and it's learning curve was so steep that looking back I'm blown away at how big it was. Today it's stupid fuck CS and BR's that are the scene that take literally no skill whatsoever. Back in the day Tribes an UT99 and a few others required insane ability which doesn't exist anymore in gaming. And to poorly attempt to bring back a game that should require ability this day in age is fuckin stupid. Just tell him to stop.

This, and also a lot of the stuff that made Tribes stood out back in the day is commonplace now. Like, being able to hop in a vehicle, fly around over some rolling hills, then going inside a base with a bunch of winding corridors and shit without a loading screen inbetween was pretty impressive in the 90s.

Compared to today's standards, the only real unique selling point of a Tribes game is the jetpack + skiing thing, which most people simply have no interest in learning.

Also i agree i don't think kids or even mid 2O's gamers can be fucked learning the unique skills it takes to play a t1 remake.. but i'm still going to have a go.

It took hours of a collective of people to make new routes and that's just for the 3 crusty old maps that get played now.

The fact that you enjoy LT doesn't help your situation in any way, shape, or form. Just throwing that out there. Mid Air trid copying that stupid shit. T1 was T1 cus it was T1. Not LT. Every single shithole player who thought they were good at T1 became good in LT because they didn't have to actually do anything to be good other than spam nade launcher. The mod was the downfall of t1. Period.

Last edited:
who said i like LT even? where are you getting this info from i played shifter for like 8 years?

im banned from the discord and the pug's cause i call their server side hax out

they r claiming to have fixed this and even unbanned me so if u want to grab a game with dp and orange that culd be fun i will get u unbanned Claude

also shifter for life

Back