The Daily Show slams Barack Obama. LOL

So? It's a comedy show, they're going to make jokes about whoever is in charge (it was just incredibly easy for them for the last eight years however).

I think Cyber is posting too many threads if he has to scrape the barrel with worthless threads like this.

So? It's a comedy show, they're going to make jokes about whoever is in charge (it was just incredibly easy for them for the last eight years however).

I don't think you can dismiss it anymore as just a comedy show, not when a large number of people get their news there and most of their "real" news show competition is just as much about entertainment as they are.

daily show has hit obama several times since inauguration

It's only surprising to those LOL LIBERAL BIAS LOL people that attributed the bent of the show as political rather than comedic - satire tends to be anti-establishment by nature

we already knew per UN agreements and what have you a whilea go it was gonna be around the end of 2011

daily show has hit obama several times since inauguration

It's only surprising to those LOL LIBERAL BIAS LOL people that attributed the bent of the show as political rather than comedic - satire tends to be anti-establishment by nature

you're fucking delusional if you don't attribute some of the bent to a liberal perspective.

you're fucking delusional if you don't attribute some of the bent to a liberal perspective.

I wouldn't say bent is necessarily liberal inasmuch as that implies the focus of the show is pointed one way.

take one of the long time contributors, Lewis Black

He was bitching up a storm about Clinton for years before Stewart came on board, did that make him a conservative or liberal?

Comedians try to go where the funny is, and in political satire that tends towards mocking the absurdity of authority.

Meaning the creator necessarily has to have a problem with the existing status quo, sure it was low hanging fruit in the last 8 years but that doesn't necessarily mean the bias is inherent in the writing itself rather that the perspective gives the ability to find the absurd and poke it with a stick.

Whether the writer/comedian is liberal or conservative doesn't matter so long as the jokes are funny. If you complain that the jokes are not even-handed such that conservatives were the butt of the joke far more often, that's fair but not exactly surprising because mocking the little retard that keeps running into the wall is only funny for so long and republicans tended to make the news more often by virtue of being the majority party and holding the presidency. I expect a bit of a transition before the show starts to focus on the failings of Obama and the Democrats, though I don't know whether they'll shift to a more conservative voice or not.

Take America the Book, other than a couple of tiny portions it's almost straight down the middle in terms of mocking liberals and conservatives in part because most of the book isn't about the present but the past.

and I can't believe I wasted how ever many minutes of my life typing all that shit up

Jon Stewart is a rich, jewish, secular liberal, and just his interviews on the show put that front and center. To deny the blatantly obvious liberal slant of the show is silly and ignorant.

And :lol: to anyone claiming it's political "news".

So what if he's poking at Obama, or Clinton, or anyone else. His show doesn't begin or end with the Bush reign. That doesn't remove the liberal bias it has consistently displayed.

Hey, does anyone here consider the Daily Show to be actual news? I'm guessing not, but insane fucks like to claim that's the case.

grr grrrr liberals BAD! grrr grrr conservatives ALWAYS RIGHT!!! grrr grrr stinky dirty liberals grrr!

Shut the fuck up.

claiming the daily show is a news show is as bad as claiming O'Rielly or Olbermann are news shows instead of opinion shows.

Back