VeteranXX
Old
23 - 03-09-2012, 21:23
Diablo III shelves PvP to make launch | Massively

Przn
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 03-09-2012, 21:24
ya we going 2 b d3'ing up a storm cy u should come play w/us.

Special---K
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 03-09-2012, 21:26
I feel like PvP in a game like Diablo wouldn't be that fun

I never did it in the previous games but the game mechanics just seem weird

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 03-09-2012, 21:30
Why is it click-to-move?

Haven't we moved on from the early 90's?

Uppity_Cracker
Veteran++
Old
27 - 03-09-2012, 22:44
You know, maybe it's me but I am caring less and less about Diablo the more I hear about it...

Also hello to anyone who remembers me.

Rakk
Veteran4
Old
28 - 03-09-2012, 23:45
beta is fun, it's just too early to tell a whole lot about the game as a whole.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 03-10-2012, 00:05
I played the **** out of Diablo and Diablo 2. I will play the **** out of this one, too.

G-Force
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 03-10-2012, 00:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
I played the **** out of Diablo and Diablo 2. I will play the **** out of this one, too.
from what i've played of beta, yes, the game will be worthy of wasting hundreds to thousands of hours on

I trust blizzard to make quality games, not like ****in EA or hirez.

Vermouth
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 03-10-2012, 00:27
i was semi-optimistic about it until i heard that they're discarding the end-boss farming (they only drop good **** the first time you kill them) and instead make random elites or elite mobs drop good lewt.

what the christ? that sounds frustrating as hell. so you need to roam around the map at random covering ALL OF IT hoping you MIGHT run into an elite mob this time around, and they MIGHT not be some absurdly op combo (lems/whatever), and they MIGHT drop some good lewt? **** that ****.

not like farming baal was the best thing ever, but at least it was reliable and you were probably going to get SOMETHING. really not digging where they're headed with this.

G-Force
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 03-10-2012, 01:43
nono, if i can dig up the blue post....

they are working on something that ties in champion/elite kills to the act boss...give me a few minutes to find that ****

edit: got it, damn im good

From Bashiok:

Edited by Bashiok on 3/7/12 5:37 PM (PST)

The designers have been working on and testing a system that actually ties the rare/champion pack kills to boss kills quite nicely. It seems like it's solid enough for us to talk about the intent and goals even though it's still in testing, we can look into sharing more about it ... SOON.

I just realized this is another thread calling me out in the title... oops.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...6860?page=2#22

hermittower
Veteran++
Old
33 - 03-10-2012, 03:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Why is it click-to-move?

Haven't we moved on from the early 90's?
less chance of getting stuck in a hill.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 03-10-2012, 05:27
I do wish there was an option to move via keys. Wasd + mouse worked well for Bloodline Champions, which is basically Diablo+WoW arena.

Vance
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 03-10-2012, 05:32
if they did implement a key movement system they would probably have to rebalance / change alot of **** in order to accomodate it

and i guess its more a game play choice than their ability to implement it

jotun
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 03-10-2012, 05:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special---K View Post
I feel like PvP in a game like Diablo wouldn't be that fun

I never did it in the previous games but the game mechanics just seem weird
I agree, but some people really liked it

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 03-10-2012, 05:58
I'm normally all for PvP, but I don't see it being very good in D3. Especially considering the devs said they aren't going to really be balancing anything for PvP and it's just added in as a bonus. So basically, there's only going to be very specific classes/builds/gearsets that are going to work well, which is never much fun. Pretty much just going to play the game to smash the **** out of monsters and get phat lewts. Something to do til GW2 comes out.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 03-10-2012, 06:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermittower View Post
less chance of getting stuck in a hill.
Eh, there goes that failed humor again. You're MORE likely to get stuck in a click-to-move game because it has to path-find to wherever you clicked. And ironically the hill and game in question where my character got stuck, was click-to-move (Lineage 2).

Jokes are supposed to be correct btw. That's what makes them clever and funny. Np.

DistortedRiff
VeteranX
Old
39 - 03-10-2012, 08:40
Man, I lived for pvp in D2. The whole point of farming items and wasting hours in trades etc was to better kill people. I don't care about any arena system, just going out of town and saying "rdy" worked well enough. Blah.

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 03-10-2012, 08:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejqCZw4Mua4
Still waiting...
Quote:
Multiplayer
Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. Our new matchmaking service lets you find friends, start new games, and join existing games. And, as always, you can play single-player offline as well.

Customizable Characters
Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.

Moddability
TorchED, the Torchlight II editor, will give players the ability to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.

New User Interface
Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.

Open World
We're not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.

New Game Plus
In New Game Plus, the game's not over until you say it is. Once you've beaten Torchlight II's primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You'll keep all of the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!

Pets & Fishing
These popular features make their return in Torchlight II in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don***8217;t have to.

Last edited by SINep; 03-10-2012 at 08:50..
Page 2 of 620

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page diablo 3

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#odio is a virgin , #odio is an awkward faggot , better than strippers , black ppl r cancer , error #37 , everquest 2 , give me back my son deckard , god damn im fat , i cant stop duping , i had sex with katie , jerk off to diablo , kill diablo , mephisto took my son , nerds , niggers gonna rape u , odio is ugly nerd , path of exile is better , single , they took my soj , uncle decard fuked my pussy , yarr matey diablo banged me , yarr matey i banged katie