Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 20 of 56
pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
381 - 01-30-2010, 02:26
I decided to explore all the galaxies 100% before going through... found like 3 extra side missions in doing so, but not worth it if that was the case

Sponsored Links
sekdar
VeteranX
Old
382 - 01-30-2010, 02:55
What an amazing game. I want to say I haven't thoroughly enjoyed a game like ME2 in 5 years, but I had the same to say about Dragon Age so I'm afraid it's only been a few months.

I loved the removal of the inventory system but since there are only like 10 guns in the game and each is a straight upgrade, the whole idea of a weapons locker seems kind of pointless. If there were more sidegrade weapons, having a locker would be useful but there is no real reason to have one besides choosing your favorite heavy weapon.

Loved the removal of the Mako, didn't like the planet scan system too much.

Loved the removal of elevators, didn't like how there was so much less ambient/random/smalltalk conversations and just... general interaction with your team. The quality of conversations and voice acting is way up there, but it feels like there is so much less to talk about with your teammates as compared to DA:O. The characters are well done almost entirely across the board. They have motives and personality and depth and there's just so little I can do with them.

Taking Legion aboard the Migrant Fleet, for example, felt kind of underwhelming to me. There were what, three modified lines as a result of bringing this huge affront onto their mothership? Other than my gripe of quantity, the quality of dialogue and acting was pretty spectacular:
Spoiler
It was completely spontaneous and so unexpected that I completely lost it. There are some fantastic lines out there but you really have to dig to find them (talk to C-Sec customs about geth infiltration with legion in the squad for example).

Love the new combat system but hate the broken game balance at the higher difficulty levels. My biggest complaint with ME1 was that combat felt completely unfulfilling. My biggest complaint with ME2 combat is now that Adepts and biotic-focused characters are virtually useless at higher difficulties because everything has multiple health bars that make biotics useless until you remove them.

You need to use warp over and over to remove barriers then overload over and over to remove shields then warp over and over to remove armor and then you can finally start damaging health on one tough enemy... or you could just grab a sniper rifle and spam headshots, killing everything with monumentally less effort. Combine with adrenaline rush for example and you have a recipe for a much easier time.

Loved the ending and the control I had over who lived and who died. I finished my first playthrough at like 6 in the morning and just wanted to finish the last battle so I didn't put much thought into who I assigned to what task. I came back the next day and Nobody got Left Behind.

Loved the way side missions didn't suck, but hated the way the entire game basically felt like side missions and then abruptly swapped to the final battle and then the game was over.

I'd type more but I could be playing instead. Game is excellent.

Last edited by sekdar; 01-30-2010 at 02:58..
orbital 123
VeteranXX
Old
383 - 01-30-2010, 03:35
Found a major bug. I choose the engineer class, and when I get to the part where you run through the fire at the beginning, I'm stuck!

I cannot run through the fire. I press W and Space bar and run towards it, but I hit a wall of fire. Totally screwed...

AeiOwnYou
VeteranXV
Old
384 - 01-30-2010, 11:47
the only thing I don't like is how you gain exp at the end of a mission and not for killing enemies

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
385 - 01-30-2010, 11:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
Spoiler
huh. I really didn't think it would have made a difference when I went through. Well ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital 123 View Post
Found a major bug. I choose the engineer class, and when I get to the part where you run through the fire at the beginning, I'm stuck!

I cannot run through the fire. I press W and Space bar and run towards it, but I hit a wall of fire. Totally screwed...
And that's because you chose the engineer, it's trying to save you from going through the game as one.

jotun
VeteranXV
Old
386 - 01-30-2010, 13:14
Why do my ammo powers sometimes deactivate?

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
387 - 01-30-2010, 13:34
has anyone played the dlc stuff yet, like zaeed and the crash site?

DonkeyofDoom
VeteranXV
Old
388 - 01-30-2010, 13:43
Crash site is basically nothing. Zaeed rules but has no dialogue trees.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
389 - 01-30-2010, 13:57
yea the DLC is pretty lame... zaeed is cool tho. i like having him with cause he just stands there with this real creepy look on his face during the conversations. Its great and i like it better that he dont talk :P.

the crash site tho... why anyone would pay for that is beyond me.

DonkeyofDoom
VeteranXV
Old
390 - 01-30-2010, 14:12
I mean it was cool I guess but it really wasn't worth a ****. Also the ****ING MAKO doesn't have a scratch on it! **** that thing.

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
391 - 01-30-2010, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyofDoom View Post
Crash site is basically nothing. Zaeed rules but has no dialogue trees.
you get some nice materials, and a helmet for your office. decent tradeoff i think

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
392 - 01-30-2010, 14:51
Also, you get a flamethrower doing Zaeed's loyalty mission which is cool, not to mention his special grenade ability which you can choose to use.

luvz2spooge
Veteran++
Old
393 - 01-30-2010, 15:06
Is part 2 longer than the first?
It took me like 20hrs to complete the game and I did every side mission I came across. I felt like the ending of the game should have been the middle, in terms of game time.

Hell halflife 2 took me a lot longer to finish.

Zaine
VeteranXV
Old
394 - 01-30-2010, 15:07
Just finished my play through, and I screwed up a lot =/ .

Spoiler

/|maverick|\
VeteranX
Old
395 - 01-30-2010, 15:22
My first play through was "perfect" all my crew stayed loyal. i rescued kelly and the rest in time. and nobody was MIA. and the collector base was destroyed.

so now uh... those 300 reaper dreadnaughts coming toward the galaxy doesnt sound too good.

Hopefully a star going supernova will take them out?

Kallama
VeteranXV
Old
396 - 01-30-2010, 16:05
ME2.ATI.PATCH

Anyone having problems with the game crashing on an ATI card. This fixed my problem.

-mallama

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
397 - 01-30-2010, 16:20
I'm 30 hours into the game and still haven't even gotten all of my team members yet.

You guys must ****ing rush through?

Either that - or playing as a full Adept makes **** take longer. Maybe most of the 30 hours is waiting for my powers to ****ing cooldown.

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
398 - 01-30-2010, 16:26
So better or worse than the first one?

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
399 - 01-30-2010, 16:34
Awesome - but I felt more - connected to the characters in the previous game.

In this game - I like Shepard and Tali. Garrus too. But the other characters can go **** themselves. Aside from Miranda. Cause she is hot.

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
400 - 01-30-2010, 16:41
it's far better than the first one in terms of basic gameplay. pretty much every aspect of the game is improved, and the controls and interface are streamlined for the better. you can choose do do as many side missions as you want and make the game pretty much any length. i just beat the second one and now i'm playing the first one for the first tame

Page 20 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie