Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

Yeah I already got some from there.

sshot0003b.png

Forget the video for a second, what about the rookie-config? It would seem the config is more important than the video, because without a playable, understandable config, you're just wasting time.

thats what im talking about. I would trust nofix to build a nice 1.40 version config, with nice huds, etc. The skins are easy. HQ weapons, players, terrains and skies with planets / suns. Pretty easy.

Lets do this now!

Once again, lets show louis fagstle who are the bosses here :lol:

Last edited:
We should limit the amount of HQ skins we put into this. I wouldn't recommend we put in HQ terrains and make sure all of the textures are 512x512 instead of 1024x1024.

We have to worry about the performance of this config. Not all of the users will have nice computers. Loading times can get ridiculous when you overload on the HQ skins.

How about just do the plain jane shit? We all used the plain config, skins, etc at one point in time. If they don't like them give them a link and direction on how to get them. Nice skins and everything will make it look nice but don't spend alot of time making it look good.

How about just do the plain jane shit? We all used the plain config, skins, etc at one point in time. If they don't like them give them a link and direction on how to get them. Nice skins and everything will make it look nice but don't spend alot of time making it look good.
Great idea.

We can also omit any scripts, they can learn how to write their own if they find the default config limiting.

Heck, why not just put the link for the demo instead of the full game. It'll save a lot of storage space, and they can all wander around Raindance for as long as they like before deciding if they want to try playing online.

Have you considered switching you're attention to tribes 2? There is still an active CTF ladder for this game (TeamWarfare League™: Community Based Gaming) as well as more active players than any other tribes game. Not to mention the fact that it has probably aged better than the rest of the series and is still highly watchable from any perspective.

Check out the casts such as this channel by Toys and Cheerios that are still being made today (#1 ctf match being casted tonight at 10:30 EST): toys cast - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Additionally, Kryand has made a capping tutorial for tribes 2, and its probably the best tutorial I've seen for the game in general: YouTube - Tribes 2: How to Cap, Pt. 1

Most of the community still hangs on IRC at tribalwar.irc.com #lastgasp

IMO, this sort of idea could carry on much better to Tribes 2.

Great idea.

We can also omit any scripts, they can learn how to write their own if they find the default config limiting.

Heck, why not just put the link for the demo instead of the full game. It'll save a lot of storage space, and they can all wander around Raindance for as long as they like before deciding if they want to try playing online.

why are u giving input ?

Indeed. But he's right. Wtf unleashed, im disapointed... I want you tell me whats the current year. Then, I want you to point me games from «that» year you think we are... Then, I want you think. Is it cool to give out a game with shit graphics??????

35192c2.png

WTF MAN

Indeed. But he's right. Wtf unleashed, im disapointed... I want you tell me whats the current year. Then, I want you to point me games from «that» year you think we are... Then, I want you think. Is it cool to give out a game with shit graphics?????? WTF MAN

Lol, I'm just saying the whole attention seems like it's on the looks of the game right now.

And Amadeus stfu, lol I'm saying have scripts like skiing, favs, and what not in the config but don't have the whole attention on the graphics right now. People will end up changing it anyways in the future. Plus you don't have anything good to say so gtfo.

Lol. Hey!! I HAVE THIS NICE IDEA! we could make something something really cool! Ok, bye!!! CYA next week! You muff cabage! This is sooo tribalwar

I'd play again but the number of cheaters, asshats, not to mention the frustration and time it would take me to get into an acceptable playing form, stops me from even attempting.

I'd play again but the number of cheaters, asshats, not to mention the frustration and time it would take me to get into an acceptable playing form, stops me from even attempting.

First one is correct, sir. Second one is not true. It's like riding a bike. I've seen so many old players come back and find their skill again in no time and even able to improve it from what it was years back during the time they were still active.

First part alone is a good reason to not start again. To bad there are so few of us. We have to get along with those dickheads or we would run out of players.

Prior to release, it may be wise to consider packaging a new anti-cheat with the rookie-client, unless the client being used is 1.30.

The idea being that if the masses actually do intend to stick around, at least they won't have to fumble thru 100000 different versions(configs), and on top of that have to worry about cheaters like opsayo.

Back