Anyone know much about Iowa? by drake - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone know much about Iowa?
Page 4 of 4
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 09-30-2022, 13:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmag View Post
I 'researched' them on the internet. Some regions seem to vary a lot from another region. Stories about some ride bicycles, some only allow scooters, some neither etc.

Rumspringa is an interesting concept. I've spoken to Jehovah Witnesses (or were they Mormons, or is that the same I dunno) and they explained how when they are about 17 or so they are cast into the public world to go and spend 2 years spreading the word. Their parents pay for it I think they said. It was a pretty cool concept the way he explained it. They're always so well presented with tidy hair and clothes. Well spoken etc. Pairs of males. I don't know what the females do.
Mormons, they call it going on a mission.

In Rock Island they have the 'Bible Missionary Institute'. Had a bunch of these guys work for us, they work like horses. Long sleeves and long pants always, even in 100 degrees and 90% humidity. They come from all across the country to go to school there, but I could never get a straight answer when asking about the religion.
Google Maps

The best answer I can get is from Quora
Quote:
Chandelle Body
·
Follow
B.A. in Education, Bible Missionary Institute (Graduated 2009)Updated 4y
I'm assuming you mean the one in Rock Island, Illinois? If not, I can't help you.

The Bible Missionary Institute is a small Bible college run by the Bible Missionary Church (a small Holiness denomination - for the uninitiated it's an Evangelical Christian denomination that's an offshoot of the Nazarenes). It's basic purpose is to train pastors, teachers, and missionaries for ministry. It's unaccredited, and usually boasts an attendance between 70–100 students.

While I am a graduate of this institution, I would not recommend it, unless you're looking to find a spouse from that denomination. If you're looking for a like-minded college, I would instead point you towards GBS (God's Bible School and College), which is accredited and around the same cost (and has online options!).

Unofficially, BMI is the place where BMC kids go to get married or to decide if they're really going to stay in the denomination (which is VERY exclusive and strict). There are far better educational opportunities among this theological grouping, so in essence this is the place where they teach their young people that the BMC is the one and only church and where they recommend in class that you should be hesitant to visit another denomination’s church, even if they have the same theological beliefs.

What's that you say? It kinda sounds like a cult?

Huh. Fancy that.

Sponsored Links
Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
62 - 10-01-2022, 08:24
I think the Mormons follow a book written by a guy called John Smith. Reading ex-Mormon and ex-scientology forums are insightful.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 10-01-2022, 10:59
Quote:
I think the Mormons follow a book written by a guy called John Smith. Reading ex-Mormon and ex-scientology forums are insightful.
Joseph Smith, and it's The Book Of Mormon. There are also 2 other minor books which are the Doctrine & Covenants, and the Pearl Of Great Price.

I was raised Mormon.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
64 - 10-01-2022, 12:10
explains a lot

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 10-01-2022, 21:05
mormons r like the fake mainstream catholics, their kids r never raised  eastern  rite

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
66 - 10-02-2022, 01:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Joseph Smith, and it's The Book Of Mormon. There are also 2 other minor books which are the Doctrine & Covenants, and the Pearl Of Great Price.

I was raised Mormon.
What are your thoughts on the Christian god now? Was the mother of Jesus inseminated by an alien? I got enough catholic boys private school education to make my choices. Consensus seems to be that this dude Jesus existed. I think organised religion is horse**** generally... unless the person needs some guidance of morals cause they are an evil selfish [unt.

Do you know about Paul? Paul is the most interesting story. There is a lot of horse**** but Paul's story is pretty good.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
67 - 10-02-2022, 01:10
Quote:

I was raised Mormon.
I've identified where you strayed.

Quote:
13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 10-02-2022, 07:01
Quote:
What are your thoughts on the Christian god now?
There is no evidence for any of it.

I left the church in my head maybe 15, left it on paper at 19.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 10-02-2022, 07:45
naw its legit, ill tell you why after you buy my supplement thats really turned my life around

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 10-02-2022, 12:01
ok, u got a link i can use w/ referral code 2 get u extra bux?

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 10-02-2022, 14:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
I've identified where you strayed.
lol creepy gramps is obsessed with vanster

sad!

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
72 - 10-02-2022, 14:53
lol creepy jason is obsessed with me and my vanster obsession

sad!

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 10-02-2022, 16:46
Go join the cord piglet

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 10-02-2022, 16:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
lol creepy jason is obsessed with me and my vanster obsession

sad!

case and point

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
75 - 10-03-2022, 00:44
We've talked about this behavior Jason. Take a break and call your sponsor.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
76 - 10-04-2022, 03:59
Quote:
There is no evidence for any of it.

I left the church in my head maybe 15, left it on paper at 19.
I think general consensus is that some dude called Jesus lived at the time. I'm sceptical of the whole thing.

So you forgot about Paul as it's a long time ago.

Quote:
The conversion of Paul the Apostle was, according to the New Testament, an event in the life of Saul/Paul the Apostle that led him to cease persecuting early Christians and to become a follower of Jesus.
In some versions it reads just like a UFO encounter. Basically, according to this story.. Some rebel called Jesus was making trouble. Boss Jew says "Paul go and investigate and report back". Paul has UFO encounter on way. Can't speak or eat of sleep or something for days. Some random dude turns up and says to Paul "some **** went down on the way here hey?" Then Paul investigates and eventually writes back to his boss something like "It's all true, this dude is real. This **** is real. I quit. Paul went on to be the apparently the biggest supporter.

The Life of Brian makes more sense of it all.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
77 - 10-05-2022, 01:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLZZ6JD0g9Y

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
78 - 10-05-2022, 03:12
Toppling Goliath in decorah puts out some good beer. You can always enter the drawing for the ability to purchase kbbs or assassin and then flip them to beer nerds for a few hundred a pop. Maxx profitz

Kbbs isn't pulling the $1500 per 12oz bottle it use to, but it***8217;s still going for 300-400ish

Last edited by SuperSniperX; 10-06-2022 at 00:36..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
79 - 10-06-2022, 00:09
Haven't been through there for a while, but yes. They carry it here locally.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone know much about Iowa?

Social Website Bullshit