What can I do about the online harassment and defamation by the person who lives in D by Plasmatic - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What can I do about the online harassment and defamation by the person who lives in D
Page 1 of 2
Plasmatic
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 09-22-2022, 01:35
What can I do about the online harassment and defamation by the person who lives in Dubai?
Category: UAE Criminal Law
By Dr. Hassan Elhais
August 18, 2021

The UAE has taken into account the high risk posed by social media and other online platforms in defamatory matters and its wider impact on the public. There are strict laws in effect for defamation cases involving social media elements and online acts such as trolling or cyberbullying. This is especially so because social media and other online platforms pose a very high risk in defamatory matters because the underlying technology allows for the same to be quickly disseminated and shared amongst a multitude of people. The UAE laws particularly deals with defamatory action via an online medium to be same as if the defamation was committed through the printed medium of newspapers, magazines etc.

Article 20 of the Federal Decree by Law No. 5 of 2012 on Combating Cyber Crimes and its amendments (“Cyber Crimes Law”) states that, “Without prejudice to the provisions of slander crime prescribed in Islamic Sharia, any person who insults a third party or has attributed to him an incident that may make him subject to punishment or contempt by a third party, by using an Information Network or an Information Technology Tool shall be punished by imprisonment and a fine not less than (AED 250,000) and not exceeding (AED500,000) or by any of these punishments.

If the insult or slander took place against a public employee or a person assigned to public service by occasion or because of performing his work, this should be considered an aggravating circumstance of the crime.”

Defamation is often the core element to cyber-crime or trolling incidents, and the same constitutes a criminal offence under the UAE laws. Article 372 Federal Law No. 3 of 1987 and its amendments (The UAE Penal Code) states that “Whoever attributes to another person, by any means of publicity, an incident which makes him liable to punishment or contempt, shall be punished by detention for a period not exceeding two years or by a fine not exceeding Dh20,000”.

Cyberbullying can be defined as the practice of using electronic communication to bully a person, which could be by sending messages which are of a threatening or intimidating nature. Instances that can be considered as cyberbullying includes posting embarrassing photos of someone on social media or spreading lies about someone’s; even impersonating someone and sending means messages in their name to others. Reports show that children are often easy prey for cyberbullying, and hence it is even more critical that strict laws exist to condone such acts.

These laws are part of the UAE efforts to curb online defamation and cyberbullying practices and immediate steps can be taken by the victim to launch a police complaint including a cybercrimes complaint.

Sponsored Links
uno
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 09-22-2022, 01:58
Report him.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 09-22-2022, 02:16
We are an exclusive club
Here in the Land of the Free Home of the Brave
&
Badges We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges
Don't give up your gun rights
and
to be even more exclusive
A Ban For Thee But Not For Me - Rules by SeVeReD - TribalWar Forums

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 09-22-2022, 02:18
lol

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
5 - 09-22-2022, 02:26
Tell you what. If it's really that bad and you can dish it out but you can't take it, run a poll. This is some stupid Captain Tele style bull****. If the forum votes me out I'll go. Life ban. Finished. Go for it Billybob. If you don't do it I will.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 09-22-2022, 02:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Tell you what. If it's really that bad and you can dish it out but you can't take it, run a poll. This is some stupid Captain Tele style bull****. If the forum votes me out I'll go. Life ban. Finished. Go for it Billybob. If you don't do it I will.
there are no life bans for ban polls, bro

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
7 - 09-22-2022, 02:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
there are no life bans for ban polls, bro
There are if I say I'm never coming back.. I don't think the forum would vote for that. Surprise me.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 09-22-2022, 02:57
Quote:
There are if I say I'm never coming back.. I don't think the forum would vote for that. Surprise me.
well that's on you, then.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 09-22-2022, 03:08
TribalWar is about smack down
for a time period
not life ban
and besides, Midge always comes back

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
10 - 09-22-2022, 03:13
If it's decided democratically I'll abide by it. No postal votes obvs.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 09-22-2022, 03:31
This isn't a squirreltocracy, its a squirreltatorship, and though you say you would not come back, we all know you are totally coming back.

No step on Snek!

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
12 - 09-22-2022, 04:38
We didn't vote yet.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 09-22-2022, 05:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
We are an exclusive club
Here in the Land of the Free Home of the Brave
&
Badges We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges
Don't give up your gun rights
and
to be even more exclusive
A Ban For Thee But Not For Me - Rules by SeVeReD - TribalWar Forums
where in mexico are you claiming land of the free home of the brave? Mitch paid his maid, at least he didnt marry her turn tail and run

Last edited by Synth; 09-22-2022 at 05:54..
Synth
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 09-22-2022, 06:17
remember when severed put his maga hat on and then fled to mexico LOL

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 09-22-2022, 06:32
Those rules seem a bit harsh

Quote:
Article 16 of the Federal Decree by Law No. 5 of 2012 on Combating Cyber Crimes and its amendments (***8220;Cyber Crimes Law***8221;) states that, ***8220;shall have testicles removed and goat license revoked"

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 09-22-2022, 08:10
No rules

Gouge
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 09-22-2022, 12:42
Quote:
I'm never coming back..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0BTdo6qGwo

cael
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 09-22-2022, 12:43
it's amazing how fast cancel culture has caught on here

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 09-22-2022, 16:46
I appreciate the entertainment that the Plasmatic and Mitch dynamic brings us.

lemontw
Veteran++
Old
20 - 09-22-2022, 16:50
it's not defamation if it true billy bob

rusty **** etc.

CASED THE POINT

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What can I do about the online harassment and defamation by the person who lives in D

Social Website Bullshit