Hot water or cold water for fat loss by JuggerNaught - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot water or cold water for fat loss
Page 2 of 7
Thread Tools
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
21 - 09-18-2022, 06:18
Reply With Quote
please do us all a favor and give us an example video of you losing one lb. by quickly drinking 4950 ounces of cold water. thanks.
 
havax is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
22 - 09-18-2022, 06:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
Here is a demonstration of how insignificant water is:
Calorie = heat needed to raise 1 kilogram of water by 1 C
35.27 ounces in one kilogram

37 C = 98.6 F (body temperature)
12 C = 53.6 F (target temperature - lowered by 25C)

So, drinking about 2.2 pounds (35.27 ounces) of water chilled to 25C (45F) cooler than body temperature will cause your body to compensate for heat lost by burning exactly 25 calories.

It takes burning 3500 calories to lose one pound.
3500/25 = 140
You would therefore need to drink 140 Kilograms or 4938.35 ounces of water @ 53.6F to lose one pound
If only I'd already covered this in post 8
 
Mitchdubai is offline
 
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
23 - 09-18-2022, 06:29
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
please do us all a favor and give us an example video of you losing one lb. by quickly drinking 4950 ounces of cold water. thanks.
You're too late Havax, entries for idiotic post of the thread were closed immediately after post number 1.
 
Mitchdubai is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
24 - 09-18-2022, 06:40
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
You're too late Havax, entries for idiotic post of the thread were closed immediately after post number 1.
it was just another way of telling t-dork to kill himself.

u should kys too, noob
 
havax is offline
 
KGB_ate_myBread
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 09-18-2022, 08:44
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Ok TW doctors, settle something.

I've always heard that cold water is conducive to weight loss because your body has to increase calorie usage to raise the temp of the water when you drink it.

But just lately , im hearing people and seeing online where it says hot water is best for fat loss as hot water helps break down fat tissue.

I mean i guess both could be true, but does one work better than the other?
 
KGB_ate_myBread is offline
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 09-18-2022, 09:04
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Energy required to heat a pint of water from just above freezing to body temperature is 21 calories.

So yeah do that 30 or 40 times a day and it will contribute as much to your weight loss as a decent 90 minute workout.

GG Juggs post pics when you get to a ripped 180 drinking ****ing water until your bladder explodes
look retard, im not saying that drinking cold water is going to make you suddenly skinny overnight. Im saying that over the years i've always heard that calories are expending drinking cold water and if your point is calories, then drinking cold water will incrementally add to the calories used
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 09-18-2022, 09:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
75% fresh fruit and vegetables.

That's everything you need to know to lose weight

I couldn't gain weight if I wanted to
fresh fruit = frutcose

frutcose is sugar

sugar makes your body release insulin

insulin makes 75% of all calories taken in be put to fat stores

yeah no.
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
KGB_ate_myBread
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 09-18-2022, 09:10
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
look retard, im not saying that drinking cold water is going to make you suddenly skinny overnight. Im saying that over the years i've always heard that calories are expending drinking cold water and if your point is calories, then drinking cold water will incrementally add to the calories used


this line of thinking literally comes from the fact that when your body is FREEZING, after shivering enough it'll start to burn brown fat to help keep the body warm.


So IDK, yeah sure, get a tub of ice water and spend over an hour in it daily freezing your nuts off and you might lose some weight.

If you're to a point where you're wondering whether drinking hot or cold water is going to help you lose the next... however many lbs, you need to rethink your strategy for weight loss.


Look forward to the the next thread asking about ECA stacks
 
KGB_ate_myBread is offline
 
KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 09-18-2022, 09:22
Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck
 
KingSobieski is online now
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 09-18-2022, 09:29
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
Here is a demonstration of how insignificant water is:
Calorie = heat needed to raise 1 kilogram of water by 1 C
35.27 ounces in one kilogram

37 C = 98.6 F (body temperature)
12 C = 53.6 F (target temperature - lowered by 25C)

So, drinking about 2.2 pounds (35.27 ounces) of water chilled to 25C (45F) cooler than body temperature will cause your body to compensate for heat lost by burning exactly 25 calories.

It takes burning 3500 calories to lose one pound.
3500/25 = 140
You would therefore need to drink 140 Kilograms or 4938.35 ounces of water @ 53.6F to lose one pound
jesus ****ing christ,
Im not saying that you should ONLY drink cold water to lose weight. Caloric deficit is not a one shot thing, its cumulative. I've always heard that you want to drink cold water because of the relatively minor calories being burned add up over the day and are just that much more (though relatively small) amount of calories burned to add too your deficit.
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 09-18-2022, 09:32
Reply With Quote
I got an idea. Go do manual labor on weekends for a craigslist guy. You make money + lose weight.
 
KingSobieski is online now
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 09-18-2022, 09:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_ate_myBread View Post
this line of thinking literally comes from the fact that when your body is FREEZING, after shivering enough it'll start to burn brown fat to help keep the body warm.


So IDK, yeah sure, get a tub of ice water and spend over an hour in it daily freezing your nuts off and you might lose some weight.

If you're to a point where you're wondering whether drinking hot or cold water is going to help you lose the next... however many lbs, you need to rethink your strategy for weight loss.


Look forward to the the next thread asking about ECA stacks
I"m pretty sure this line of thinking comes from the laws of thermodynamics
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 09-18-2022, 09:36
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Does Drinking Cold Water Boost Metabolism?

According to the University of Washington, drinking cold water will increase metabolism ***8212; but only slightly. When you drink a cup of ice water, you burn about 8 more calories than when you drink room temperature water. This is because your body works to increase the temperature of the ice water to your body temperature. So, if you drink 8 cups of ice water a day, that***8217;s a total of 80 calories. The University of Washington points out, ***8220;Drinking cold water makes such a small dent in the calorie balance that it will not help you lose weight if your eating and exercise pattern stay the same.***8221;
So yeah...it burns more calories, but not a huge amount, probably not enough to make a difference
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
34 - 09-18-2022, 09:49
Reply With Quote
Did you just quote a scientific opinion from someone who thinks 8 x 8 = 80? Because ****
 
Mitchdubai is offline
 
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
35 - 09-18-2022, 09:54
Reply With Quote
You know what burns more fat and builds more muscle? Let me be of assistance. That time you spend on here channeling your inner NGFM, but sadly only getting the idiot part and not the unintentionally funny part. Yeah spend that time in the gym instead. Thank me later.
 
Mitchdubai is offline
 
T-Dawg
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 09-18-2022, 09:57
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
fresh fruit = frutcose

frutcose is sugar

sugar makes your body release insulin

insulin makes 75% of all calories taken in be put to fat stores

yeah no.
After my divorce I topped out at 351 pounds because I was depressed and ate Mickey D's every day. When I got fed up with that I lost 100 pounds in about 3 months, because I CHANGED MY LIFESTYLE, and then 5-10 pounds a year for a couple years. I've been hovering around 200 ever since. I can eat any quantities and not gain weight as long as I avoid processed foods and stick to the formula I mentioned. 52" waist is now 35. I went from XXXL to size Medium shirts.

So talk to people who have never had a weight problem or lost significant poundage. They're the ****ing experts.

Calories are only meaningful when you are gaining weight. Your body refuses to lose weight. There is a primitive mechanism that keeps you from losing. When you deprive yourself of calories, you may succeed for a few weeks or months but your body will eventually gain it all back + a few extra revenge pounds GUARANTEED. Go on that rollercoaster your heart will love it.
 
T-Dawg is offline
 
Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 09-18-2022, 09:57
Reply With Quote
juggs can you post a link or two where it talks about drinking hot water to melt away fat please
 
Paladin-5 is offline
 
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
38 - 09-18-2022, 10:04
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post

Calories are only meaningful when you are gaining weight. Your body refuses to lose weight. There is a primitive mechanism that keeps you from losing.
I was genuinely curious if you could trot out more utter bollocks on this topic than you did on poker.

Congrats, you exceeded all expectations
 
Mitchdubai is offline
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 09-18-2022, 10:07
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
After my divorce I topped out at 351 pounds because I was depressed and ate Mickey D's every day. When I got fed up with that I lost 100 pounds in about 3 months, because I CHANGED MY LIFESTYLE, and then 5-10 pounds a year for a couple years. I've been hovering around 200 ever since. I can eat any quantities and not gain weight as long as I avoid processed foods and stick to the formula I mentioned. 52" waist is now 35. I went from XXXL to size Medium shirts.

So talk to people who have never had a weight problem or lost significant poundage. They're the ****ing experts.

Calories are only meaningful when you are gaining weight. Your body refuses to lose weight. There is a primitive mechanism that keeps you from losing. When you deprive yourself of calories, you may succeed for a few weeks or months but your body will eventually gain it all back + a few extra revenge pounds GUARANTEED. Go on that rollercoaster your heart will love it.
calories are always meaningful. when you eat sugar, your insulin spikes, when your insulin spikes sooner or later you crash, when you "crash" your blood sugar is low and you start looking for food.

That is the 'rollercoaster' you are referring to.

If you gain back weight you lost it is not because of some primitive mechanism. Its because you didn't change your eating habits. You ate clean and lowered calories for a while and then once you reached goal weight you went back to cheesburgers and pizza and shockingly you gained weight back
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 09-18-2022, 10:10
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
juggs can you post a link or two where it talks about drinking hot water to melt away fat please
Quote:
Water-induced thermogenesis
Michael Boschmann 1 , Jochen Steiniger, Uta Hille, Jens Tank, Frauke Adams, Arya M Sharma, Susanne Klaus, Friedrich C Luft, Jens Jordan
Affiliations

PMID: 14671205 DOI: 10.1210/jc.2003-030780

Abstract

Drinking lots of water is commonly espoused in weight loss regimens and is regarded as healthy; however, few systematic studies address this notion. In 14 healthy, normal-weight subjects (seven men and seven women), we assessed the effect of drinking 500 ml of water on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation rates by using whole-room indirect calorimetry. The effect of water drinking on adipose tissue metabolism was assessed with the microdialysis technique. Drinking 500 ml of water increased metabolic rate by 30%. The increase occurred within 10 min and reached a maximum after 30-40 min. The total thermogenic response was about 100 kJ. About 40% of the thermogenic effect originated from warming the water from 22 to 37 C. In men, lipids mainly fueled the increase in metabolic rate. In contrast, in women carbohydrates were mainly used as the energy source. The increase in energy expenditure with water was diminished with systemic beta-adrenoreceptor blockade. Thus, drinking 2 liters of water per day would augment energy expenditure by approximately 400 kJ. Therefore, the thermogenic effect of water should be considered when estimating energy expenditure, particularly during weight loss programs
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
Page 2 of 7
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot water or cold water for fat loss

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:11.