Page 4 of 4
samUwell
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
61 - 06-27-2022, 20:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Nice work but your housekeeping sucks. Tidy your tools up as you use them, don't leave aerosol tins lying on the ground and always put screws and bolts in trays.
I thoroughly enjoy searching aimlessly for lost screws or tools that I could've sworn I put ________. Countless hours waisted searching for these things. So much so that I decided "**** it; I'll just buy a new _______" and once I complete said task with additional ________ I just purchased, I find the original one.

Totally awesome

Sponsored Links
Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
62 - 06-27-2022, 20:29
I like the magnetic trays

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 06-28-2022, 09:00
Drain pump broke last night at 11pm and interrupted my video gaming session.

**** you, washing machine. **** you.

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 06-28-2022, 09:44
Currently I work with a bunch of lazy, messy, children who can't clean up after themselves.
The next ****in double degree 'genius' engineer I see leave a ratchet lying on the ground will have an ass that be clicking every time he turns left.

It's the difference between the good old days of having to buy all of your own tools vs. people now expecting everything to be provided.
(fair enough tho, as I pointed out to my boss once, he doesn't buy his own PC, printer, ink and toner, why should I bring my own tools?)

anyway

When I did my apprenticeship we had ******* instructors that would take anything you left lying around and either break it or just lock it away. After asking for it back (and being made to sweep the floors for the cheek of asking) you then had to try to complete your work without it.

You soon learned to keep things tidy and organised, it just looks professional and like you know wtf you are doing.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
65 - 06-28-2022, 11:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Currently I work with a bunch of lazy, messy, children who can't clean up after themselves.
The next ****in double degree 'genius' engineer I see leave a ratchet lying on the ground will have an ass that be clicking every time he turns left.

It's the difference between the good old days of having to buy all of your own tools vs. people now expecting everything to be provided.
(fair enough tho, as I pointed out to my boss once, he doesn't buy his own PC, printer, ink and toner, why should I bring my own tools?)

anyway

When I did my apprenticeship we had ******* instructors that would take anything you left lying around and either break it or just lock it away. After asking for it back (and being made to sweep the floors for the cheek of asking) you then had to try to complete your work without it.

You soon learned to keep things tidy and organised, it just looks professional and like you know wtf you are doing.
Yeah always torn on this. Plenty of family have been in the industry over the years and my woman's daughter is an Aircraft mechanic (business/private jets). Girl has been doing it 6 years now and has something like $15k in tools not including her $5k tool box (used). She changed companies last year, moving that **** was not easy.

I guess overall she does make more money than the average person, but damn its not like the company she works for cannot afford their own tools.

As for keeping things clean.....your story sounds awful familiar. Most shops keep things tidy.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 06-28-2022 at 11:12..
Plasmatic
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 06-28-2022, 11:45
Ours had a puddle under it a month ago. I got in there and cleaned the gunk out of the small hose between the fill switch and bottom of tub. The machine determines water level by the air pressure in the tube. Softener builds up in there and they over fill.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 06-28-2022, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Ours had a puddle under it a month ago. I got in there and cleaned the gunk out of the small hose between the fill switch and bottom of tub. The machine determines water level by the air pressure in the tube. Softener builds up in there and they over fill.
Thats good to know. We have the brand new set now, but will keep an eye on that. So far so good in terms of setup and using it. Quieter than our previous 20 year old setup and cleans/dries in about the same amount of time.

Platinumstorm
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 06-28-2022, 21:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
So our 25 year old Whirlpool washer has an issue I can fix, but after taking a look and realizing how gross (mold) the insides are we are thinking of getting a new set.

I want a no frills commercial quality set. No fancy screens, settings, etc. Reading reviews is damn near impossible to know what to get. Anyone around here familiar with modern washers/dryers and know what is heavy duty and built to just last. Like I said no frills. No efficiency bull**** that barely gets the clothes wet. I wanna toss whatever I want in there and know its getting cleaned.
I have a GE that is covered in bactroban and has a ventilation cycle that you turn on. So far no mold over the last several years, and I've only wiped down the window once.

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 06-29-2022, 07:36
In other news - my boss just bought me a $15k toolbox.

It's unbe****inglevable, 6 ft tall and 10 ft long. It is stuffed with almost every tool you could imagine.

It is pretty sweet, but I still keep my own tool box around for all those special tools that I need, plenty of things don't come from a store.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Washing machines these days

Social Website Bullshit