[NBA] 2016-2017 Regular Season

Weird as hell Bulls Celtics series so far. I think with Rondo out though they're done, as strange as that feels to say in 2017.

Bad break Thomas' sister dying day before series, good break Rondo getting hurt. Kind of balances out imo. Go Celts!

without a 6-8 pt cushion at the end of the 4th westbrook will lose the game, every time

every play westbrook's gas pedal has a brick on it so his motor is going 100% and even though hes an alien terminator from some planet of basketball he doesn't have enough gas to go at that speed for 38+ minutes. the pressure and double teams he faces on every possession with 5 minutes left in the game and he's running on fumes makes it physically impossible for westbrook to out-score any of the better teams in a 1 possession game, especially since right or wrong WB tries to do it all himself. with a cushion of 6-8 points he can take the occasional possession off and not have to go 100% at a double/triple team needing to score every time. the question is how to get that crunch time cushion with a 2nd unit that is getting slaughtered

with their second unit struggling so much i would put oladipo in the second unit with kanter. two $20m/yr players will beef up that unit, or nothing will. surrounding WB with their best shooters, mcdermott and abrines, along with a good off the ball player like grant and adams as the anchor is what my crunch time unit would be

in my opinion OKC should be up 3-1, they shouldve won his 50 pt game and the game last night

Last edited:
one fg in 8-9 minutes of play and then losing a game by 1 possession is about as clippers as you can get

i didn't realize beforehand but if that was cp3's last home game i'm gonna be upset i didnt go

its reactionary at this point. the loudest minority wants him out. i think theres widespread support surrounding him releasing his GM responsibilities. honestly i've criticized him plenty over the past couple years and at times thought he shouldn't coach anymore but ive come around on him. after seeing the likes of dwayne casey and billy donovan this post season, yeah i'd keep doc. at the bare minimum he knows how to coach an nba game, when to sub, when to timeout, how to manage a game. from the results of this post season so far that's apparently harder than it seems. he's hamstrung by the roster and salary cap every year, he gets alot out of the important pieces and has developed DJ, JJ, austin. the fact is this team relies on austin rivers and crawford in critical situations when they're just not consistent. and that would be fine if the first unit outplayed whoever they were up against, which while being true in previous seasons isn't any longer

btw mo speights was god awful last night. oladipo-level bad. 1 pt 0 rebounds 2 turnover 3 blown assignments in 10 minutes bad. he had a nice start to the season but either has regressed or just not developed at all. you would think with his spot up 3 ability if he just did most other things at a slightly below average level he could contribute, he's getting plenty of minutes with the second unit. but he's just a paul pierce like void out there for the past couple months. oh and props to the truth, he raised his game for this post season

for me i'd be happy to see blake go. dude hasn't been physically right for a while and structuring an entire offense around him supported by DJ/CP3 gets you 50-55 wins but its a dead-end in the post season for the same reasons its he stalls out every 4th quarter in the regular season. nevermind his injuries, he's just not a great player without his athleticism, which youre reminded of whenever hes launching 3's these days. his slide from physical adonis to a whirling dervish spinning with his head down style of play reminds me of PHX amare vs NYK amare. giving him a max without a sign and trade will be the nail in the coffin for this generation

Last edited:
i think theres still a pretty big question mark around the cavs defense. everyone seems to be already writing off the raptors, but i think the bucks are under rated while the cavs are way over rated

Back