Page 25 of 81
Senty
VeteranXX
Old
481 - 12-03-2010, 13:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
that....was it?
Yes it's like a haiku, a craku if you will.

Sponsored Links
apollod
VeteranXX
Old
482 - 12-03-2010, 13:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
unmanned shuttle technology demonstrator

i'm semi confused on why we have this since publically, america is going the way of the capsul.
more links
X-37B lands successfully following 220 days in space | NASASpaceFlight.com
photo of it here
BBC News - X-37B US miltary spaceplane returns to Earth

USAF says experiments in space. Others say it can check out enemy sats.
payload of 500lbs isn't a whole lot

anyway, there it is

Goshin, you've like totally owned the whole US Spaceflight picture on TW for at least as long as this thread has been around.. but did you seriously just wake up one day and start following it? the X-37 Project has been around forever, DARPA only took it over in 2004.

You gotta keep in mind that it was originally designed to be launched from the Payload bay of the Space Shuttle. And it's track as reported by amateur sky watchers repeatedly took it over North Korea, Afghanistan, et. al. every 4 days. Could be a coincidence, or the X-37B became a glorified spy plane.

That said; as far as commercial and/or human spaceflight is concerned, I think the X-34's being moved out of storage and being inspected for a possible return to flight status is far more interesting.

Edit:

You also have to keep in mind that DoD Space Policy is independent than that of NASA; and has been since the Challenger Disaster

Last edited by apollod; 12-03-2010 at 13:27..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
483 - 12-03-2010, 13:51
noted, and actually yes. One day i woke up and decided to follow space, fusion, green tech, and other marvels.

Not sure why, but it's been really interesting since i started.
I'd read about them changing the x-37 around after the explosion, as well as the change of hands it's had in the last decade. Just unsure why the program wasn't axed if shuttle is getting axed. unless they can refurb x-37 easier, it'll be very costly. Maybe they can. I dunno.

And the track took it over afghan, iraq, iran, the koreas...but we're "saying" it's not a spy space plane.

x-34 looks like technology testing for resuable suborbital launch abilities, which would help drive down costs for entering space.
If Skylon gets funded and works (by 2020 if funded today) it'd also help with space access as a single stage to orbit reusable vehicle.

I got interested in space and things about 2 years ago

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
484 - 12-03-2010, 13:58
Quote:
noted, and actually yes. One day i woke up and decided to follow space, fusion, green tech, and other marvels.

Not sure why, but it's been really interesting since i started.
I'd read about them changing the x-37 around after the explosion, as well as the change of hands it's had in the last decade. Just unsure why the program wasn't axed if shuttle is getting axed. unless they can refurb x-37 easier, it'll be very costly. Maybe they can. I dunno.

And the track took it over afghan, iraq, iran, the koreas...but we're "saying" it's not a spy space plane.

x-34 looks like technology testing for resuable suborbital launch abilities, which would help drive down costs for entering space.
If Skylon gets funded and works (by 2020 if funded today) it'd also help with space access as a single stage to orbit reusable vehicle.

I got interested in space and things about 2 years ago
Slightly off topic.. ever played Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space?

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
485 - 12-03-2010, 14:09
haha, dont think so. What is it?
and this thread goes on and off topic a few times, plus no one really reads it anyway

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
486 - 12-03-2010, 14:41
Quote:
haha, dont think so. What is it?
and this thread goes on and off topic a few times, plus no one really reads it anyway

Old Ms-dos game where you were the Director of either the US or Soviet Space program's and your job was to put a man on the moon and return them successfully before the other program did it. There were milestones that you could attempt or ignore that would gain you more prestige (and in turn more funding). It was based on the boardgame 'LIFTOFF!' so it's not incredibly technical in terms of determining system failures and mission failure/success rates, but rather uses the whole RPG 'dice rolling' scheme. But the technology present in the game is mostly accurate, and you could choose various ways of going about landing on the moon (Direct Ascent, Lunar-Orbit Rendezvous, or Earth-Orbit Rendezvous).

You can get a open-source port of it here, that has some enhancements over the original, but it's mostly still the same:

Overview

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
487 - 12-03-2010, 14:46

cool

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
488 - 12-03-2010, 17:06
Falcon 9 to re-attempt Static Fire on Saturday following abort | NASASpaceFlight.com

someone stated they were watching the live fire, and it only happened for 3 seconds or so.
They aborted it.
New attempt tomorrow for test fire.

TheProvider
Veteran++
Old
489 - 12-03-2010, 17:11
oops wrong thread

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
490 - 12-03-2010, 17:34

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
491 - 12-03-2010, 18:11
HUMANS!!!

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
492 - 12-03-2010, 23:23
Quote:
Falcon 9 to re-attempt Static Fire on Saturday following abort | NASASpaceFlight.com

someone stated they were watching the live fire, and it only happened for 3 seconds or so.
They aborted it.
New attempt tomorrow for test fire.

That's what it's supposed to do.

Space Exploration Technologies Corporation - Press
Quote:
The rehearsal will exercise
the countdown processes and end after the engines fire at full power for two seconds, with only the hold-down system restraining the rocket from flight.
If you just go by watching the video feed it looks like it fired longer than it did.

(I'm only posting stuff that's been publicly released because I don't want to post anything I shouldn't :/)

LordMelkor
Veteran4
Old
493 - 12-06-2010, 16:45
NASA - NASA Ejects Nanosatellite From Microsatellite in Space

the title of this article reminds me of those Xzibit pictures -_-.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
494 - 12-06-2010, 16:54
great! i wasn't aware the nanosail nanosat went up last month. The first one in 08 failed to reach orbit due to rocket malfunction

Anyway, i'm glad they finally got one in space, so we take solar sails more seriously for propulsion

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
495 - 12-06-2010, 21:44
Falcon 9 launch delayed until probably Thursday. Doing some work on one of the second stage engine nozzles.

Edit: And launch is scheduled for Wed now.

Last edited by FalseMyrmidon; 12-07-2010 at 12:59..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
496 - 12-07-2010, 12:58
BBC News - Japan waits on Venus spacecraft
japan has a probe inserting the venus orbit today. ESA has had one there since '06.

more science! They think there were lava flows that were active 250k years ago from data from the ESA probe.

i like exploring venus. Interesting planet.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
498 - 12-08-2010, 11:18
Falcon 9 launched this morning at 10:48 and the Dragon capsule is currently in orbit.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
499 - 12-08-2010, 14:07
bad ass

i ****ing missed it due to an professional test i'm studying for
also, it already went around the earth a few times and splashed down successfully

truly amazing accomplishment
and taking in 20 minutes
peace

Last edited by Goshin; 12-08-2010 at 14:12..
max
VeteranXV
Old
500 - 12-08-2010, 14:52
I'm guessing no one was onboard the capsule?

Page 25 of 81

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page US Spaceflight for the future [update]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert , ass mode , goshin , goshin fucks men , goshin is unhappy irl , infinity&beyond , nasa , shirtless fatty , very ugly goshin