News: Beta Signups Begin

I'd say that since this game is rated T, very few people would have a problem being old enough to play it...and if you're testing a game why's it matter if the little kiddy's 15 or 25, long as he can shoot :)

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Uncle Silas
Care to elaborate on how selections will be made at this point?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thrax Panda said:
No. I don't.

So why'd I buy that bikini and a webcam?

We could sell this as a reality show, "Joe Tribes - The Beta."

Last edited:
Thrax Panda said:
Use a different email address, or wait.

It has nothing to do with an email address.

I didn't even get to put in my information, which I explained in my post. It comes up for half a second and then automatically goes to the error screen before I get to touch anything.

Vampire said:

I didn't even get to put in my information, which I explained in my post. It comes up for half a second and then automatically goes to the error screen before I get to touch anything.

ditto :roller:

Vampire said:

Java or ActiveX problem.

Security settings are set to allow all the ActiveX stuff as well. Java shouldn't be a problem either.

edit: only pop-up blocker I have is from the google toolbar and I turned it off.

Im at work too, and allwe use here are MAC's (I work in video editing). It said to use IE and I tried and it didnt work. So I tried netscape, didnt work. So I used apple's safri and it asked me to fill in my info and I did and it asked me for my computer specs so I filled in the info by hand for my computer at home, and that worked fine. Now I get to play the waiting game to see if I get in or not.

Thrax Panda said:
No need. We've already got 1000 submissions. Of those, fully 30% decided not to include their mailing address, thus precluding our sending them anything like say... a beta CD. Not that you'd do such a thing ;)

Natural Selection is a grand thing.
Wth asscheese, it wasn't required. ;)

Zoolooman said:
Natural selection doesn't work unless there is a chance to fail.

Anyways, for those who forgot to write in a mailing address, I imagine there will be an open beta in the future; they can participate then.
I rarely give my mailing address out, especially if it's not required. I don't want to recieve the snail mail equivilent of spam (not saying that's what would happen, but it's habit now). I'm not sure, but I think making beta CD's packaging them (even simply), labling them, mailing them off (even if the person receiving pays shipping), would come out to much less than the bandwidth costs for a secure download. Especially for an OPEN beta.

Everything in the program needs testing. This includes the automatic patching system (assuming it has one), and any copy protection, etc.

And IF they need my mailing address, they can ask me when I'm selected. Until then, if it's not a required field, my street address isn't getting put on a beta application form on an unsecure webpage.

Thrax Panda said:
NOBODY is getting accepted. They're just getting into the database. The only way you know you're accepted is if I've told you that you are, or one of the dev team in AUS has told you that you are.
If I PROMISE to bring you beer at Tribal-Wars West, will you let me in?

VaporTrail said:
I rarely give my mailing address out, especially if it's not required. I don't want to recieve the snail mail equivilent of spam (not saying that's what would happen, but it's habit now). I'm not sure, but I think making beta CD's packaging them (even simply), labling them, mailing them off (even if the person receiving pays shipping), would come out to much less than the bandwidth costs for a secure download. Especially for an OPEN beta.

Everything in the program needs testing. This includes the automatic patching system (assuming it has one), and any copy protection, etc.

And IF they need my mailing address, they can ask me when I'm selected. Until then, if it's not a required field, my street address isn't getting put on a beta application form on an unsecure webpage.

Something tells me they aren't even going to look at the entries without addresses.

Back