Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited by Window - Page 17 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited
Page 17 of 96
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
321 - 04-25-2011, 19:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_Grungir View Post
Just started the Malazan series...
holy **** im lost in the sauce but accordinng to the foreword, Im supposed to be
Haha yeah the reason I kept going in that first book was specifically because of the foreword...it was pretty funny for the author to lay it out like that. Definitely worth reading.

Sponsored Links
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
322 - 04-25-2011, 19:20
Is there a quote of the foreword? I am intrigued.

fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
323 - 04-25-2011, 19:22
I don't have one, but as far as I remember the author says stuff like "many people don't like it, but those that do seem to go crazy" and something like "I know it's confusing and I would've written in other ways in hindsight, but what's done is done so in the beginning try to hang in there".

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
324 - 04-25-2011, 19:23
Ah ok.

pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
325 - 04-30-2011, 01:20
just started book 5 of malazan yesterday.... completely new character list (baring a couple) and seems to be in a different time period?

spoiler?
Spoiler
wtf.. i r lost.

really enjoyed books 2-4 though :]

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
326 - 04-30-2011, 01:38
Just started the Runelords series, by David Farland, it is quite good so far. Very interesting magical system.

kayl09
VeteranX
Old
327 - 04-30-2011, 07:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pZ II Birdy View Post
just started book 5 of malazan yesterday.... completely new character list (baring a couple) and seems to be in a different time period?

spoiler?
Spoiler
wtf.. i r lost.

really enjoyed books 2-4 though :]
Yep, Midnight Tides takes place before the other books. I found it hard to get into because it was all new characters, but it ended up being one of my favourites. Tehol and Bugg are two of the better characters in the series. You'll see why when you get to them.

pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
328 - 04-30-2011, 10:45
Yeah, it's been hard to get into it so far, but i've been only dealing with the Edur. Good to know it gets better

-Timber
VeteranXX
Old
329 - 05-13-2011, 22:06
This probably doesn't fit into the Sci-Fi / Fantasy section like most of the books listed since it's a zombie setting. But I just got done reading Feed by Mira Grant and I really liked it.

Tessien
VeteranX
Old
330 - 05-13-2011, 22:39
Last Malazan Book of the Fallen Book, The Crippled God is out, still in hugecover though.

Thats how you finish a series.

Window
VeteranX
Old
331 - 05-13-2011, 23:40
reading the first book of the wheel of time series now, not too impressed but it seems like it has potential (i prefer series where the main character is a child at the start and grows up)

pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
332 - 05-14-2011, 00:36
I'm on the 6th Malazan book right now. Book 5 slowed me down... I dislike whiny characters who constantly feel bad about themselves (the slaves... Hull... Trull), but the Bugg and Tehol dialogue was amazing. Feel like if I were to re-read the series I'd probably skip most of the other characters in the book baring plot critical events.

Tessien
VeteranX
Old
333 - 05-14-2011, 03:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pZ II Birdy View Post
I'm on the 6th Malazan book right now. Book 5 slowed me down... I dislike whiny characters who constantly feel bad about themselves (the slaves... Hull... Trull), but the Bugg and Tehol dialogue was amazing. Feel like if I were to re-read the series I'd probably skip most of the other characters in the book baring plot critical events.
Yeah, I disliked a lot of that book. Trull was never a favourite of mine.

Window
VeteranX
Old
334 - 05-18-2011, 20:47
Just picked up The Warded Man(the painted man) by peter brett and the first book in the codex alera series, starting one or the other tonight

Mantua
Veteran++
Old
335 - 05-19-2011, 00:15
so, upon reading book 12 of the wheel of time, im so glad robert jordan died. brandon sanderson gets to the ****ing point, and is hilarious
mat's diatribe about being married had me laughing loud enough for my girlfriend to look at me like an *******

if only sanderson wrote with first 11 books, this would be a wonderful series

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
336 - 05-19-2011, 00:17
I just finished Book 3 of WoT, which was a bit of a struggle to finish off.

Book 4 seems more interesting so far, and I want to keep rolling with it, but I really liked the Mistborn books aside from the ending junk (which was fine I guess but meh), so we'll see how much I like Sanderson's books.

Mantua
Veteran++
Old
337 - 05-19-2011, 00:34
they get better later in the series, but its ****ing unreal how much better 12 is than 11

Marathon
Veteran++
Old
338 - 05-19-2011, 01:24
Anyone here read Metro 2033? I'm about halfway through and its been a pretty good read so far. Some of the writing is a bit off from the translation though

RedMeat
Veteran++
Old
339 - 05-19-2011, 02:06
Just finished Permutation City by Greg Egan. Good read.

Wildshot
VeteranXV
Old
340 - 05-19-2011, 21:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Timber View Post
This probably doesn't fit into the Sci-Fi / Fantasy section like most of the books listed since it's a zombie setting. But I just got done reading Feed by Mira Grant and I really liked it.
Feed was pretty good. Think the second book in the series comes out in June.

Page 17 of 96

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert