341 - 02-07-2010, 01:59
Yeah, they are decent...but not worth the price

Do enjoy their Harvest though...

Sponsored Links
Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
342 - 02-07-2010, 13:54
anyone have anything special for the game tonight?

probably going to open this: Old Rasputin XII - North Coast Brewing Co. - BeerAdvocate

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
343 - 02-07-2010, 13:55
How much did you pay for that? A bar here has it for $25/bottle.

Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
344 - 02-07-2010, 13:56
think it was $18, definitely no more than $20

Apeman
VeteranX
Old
345 - 02-07-2010, 14:15
holy **** old ras xii.........gotta find that...

old ras started my stout obsession

-[ENIG]ma-
VeteranXX
Old
346 - 02-08-2010, 14:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigs View Post

probably going to open this: Old Rasputin XII - North Coast Brewing Co. - BeerAdvocate
I opened up a bottle of Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad paired with some pork chops.

After halftime I opened up a 07 Stone Russian Imperial Stout.

Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
347 - 02-08-2010, 16:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by -[ENIG]ma- View Post
I opened up a bottle of Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad paired with some pork chops.

After halftime I opened up a 07 Stone Russian Imperial Stout.
I got two BBQ's via trades last week, cant wait to try one soon. Also, a Saison-Brett from Boulevard...more interested in that one honestly.

My Rasputin XII got pushed back to tonight, I spent most of the 3rd quarter of the game last time making brownies, just had a Founders Backwoods Bastard in its place.

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
348 - 02-08-2010, 16:18
Quote:
just had a Founders Backwoods Bastard in its place.
:slurp: I still have a couple of those left.

I hope we get some of their new Nemesis around here (but I doubt it). Seems to be pretty limited.

Quote:
The 2009 release of Nemesis is best described as a Maple Bourbon barrel aged wheat wine holding 12% abv and 70 ibu***8217;s. The barrels have been resting deep in the mines of Grand Rapids for nearly 9 months and have been most effective in developing a great product. The Bourbon barrels used in this creation were once used to age Maple syrup from northern Michigan, then emptied, and procured for our use in aging this beer. The combination of American oak, Kentucky Bourbon, Michigan Maple syrup and Founders golden/tan wheat ale has provided a delicious malty sweet ale distinctive of strong vanilla and bourbon notes. Uber small allotment and I***8217;m sure it will go fast!

CapnPyro
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
349 - 02-08-2010, 16:25
Quote:
Alesmith probably #5 for me

1. Pliny
2. Bell's Two Hearted
3. Dreadnaught
4. Ithaca Flower Power
5. Alesmith IPA

HM: Bell's Hopslam, Ballast Point Sculpin, Stone IPA
I haven't had 2-4, but Pliny is AMAZING. My favorite beer. Alesmith is great, but well behind Pliny (and Plinys little brother Blind Pig, for that matter).

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
350 - 02-08-2010, 16:28
my store still has a case of the founder's breakfast stout sittin in the cooler. i think i'm the only person who buys it. i tried the sierra nevada bigfoot ale this week. it's okay. real big and bitter. it's the 2010 batch so i should probably age it a bit but i get thur-stay.

other than that i've been on a big clipper city brewery kick. all of their "heavy seas" beers are exceptional with the loose cannon offering really standing out. It's a solid IPA and a nice break from the super IPA (hopslam) i've been drinking lately.

DropSquad
VeteranXV
Old
351 - 02-08-2010, 16:38

had a few of those,

a mini keg of two hearted ale and to support my local guys I picked up a sixer of two brothers prairie path golden ale

nothing crazy, but not bad for a binnys run.

Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
352 - 02-08-2010, 16:39
I love FBS, but after having the other two variants (Kentucky and Canadian) it does lose some of its appeal. Pretty cheap and readily available around here though.

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
353 - 02-08-2010, 16:40
Quote:
I love FBS, but after having the other two variants (Kentucky and Canadian) it does lose some of its appeal. Pretty cheap and readily available around here though.
Yeah I'd love to try some of the barrel aged ones. The regular breakfast one is available here too. I think last year they made a ****load more than usual.

Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
354 - 02-08-2010, 16:54
Last fall a sixtel of the Canadian Breakfast came on tap here at a beer brunch. I was out of town for a wedding the day before (completely wasted), woke up at 6am and drove four hours home just to try that beer. Got in two 6oz glasses by 10:45 before it was kicked. So delicious though.

I have no problem getting bottles of KBS. I'll let you know if I can get some extras of this years release (middle March) and hook you up.

Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
355 - 02-08-2010, 22:33
Raspy XII review: Old Rasputin XII - North Coast Brewing Co. - BeerAdvocate

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
356 - 02-09-2010, 17:01
Quote:
Last fall a sixtel of the Canadian Breakfast came on tap here at a beer brunch. I was out of town for a wedding the day before (completely wasted), woke up at 6am and drove four hours home just to try that beer. Got in two 6oz glasses by 10:45 before it was kicked. So delicious though.

I have no problem getting bottles of KBS. I'll let you know if I can get some extras of this years release (middle March) and hook you up.
That would be awesome. Is there anything around here (Illinois) that you'd like and can't find where you are?

I'm tentatively planning to go to Dark Lord Days so if I manage to get a ticket or whatever they're doing this year, I could potentially trade one of those.

Stigs
VeteranXX
Old
357 - 02-10-2010, 15:37
Dark Lord would be incredible. I'm sure we can work something out when the time comes.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
358 - 02-10-2010, 16:16
Quote:

We're supposed to have 112 cases of that coming in about two weeks, but it's $185 a case at my price I may have to give it a try though, sounds like a winner.

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
359 - 02-10-2010, 16:20
i can't afford KBS

-[ENIG]ma-
VeteranXX
Old
360 - 02-10-2010, 16:25
I'd love to go to dark lord day, maybe in a couple years. </dream>

Page 18 of 45

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion