161 - 08-25-2017, 16:38
I will play for a bit until I decide it sucks

if it doesn't suck I will be happy

Sponsored Links
sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
162 - 08-25-2017, 18:15
What i really don't understand is how they put in dedicated work on a game for a long period and then release it with such a ****ty trailer on steam.

What is this.

It's not even clear what the game is about and it looks dull as ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DroL_YioiOs

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 08-25-2017, 18:43
I forgot about this game, I did put some money in to be in the open beta. I am taking the 4 minutes to download it now.

That launch video isn't very impressive.

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 08-25-2017, 19:19
Adding more voicepacks and cosmetic items should be a top priority for the devs.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
165 - 08-25-2017, 19:20
i'd be a lot happier seeing base play get balanced than i would voicepacks and cosmetics

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
166 - 08-25-2017, 19:37
do I need a supercomputer to play this

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
167 - 08-25-2017, 20:03
Yep, it's crap.

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
168 - 08-25-2017, 20:05
Played it for a bit. So far it is okay. It feels slow for some reason compared to T1/T2 Classic. I don't think I have gotten the hang of the sky physics yet. It is enjoyable for now. I don't care for the reloading on the chaingun. 250 bullets but you have to reload every 50 bullets fired. The inner tribes player in me is frustrated with that one.

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 08-25-2017, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
do I need a supercomputer to play this
Nah. It's not something that will run on your 5 year old laptop, but the spec requirements aren't especially high, either. A recent, modern machine should be plenty.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 08-25-2017, 23:18
Played for a few hours, they have made some odd choices so far that make the game feel clunky overall.

Getting spun around at the inventory station is a bad idea, I don't need to be turned around I already know how I am going to exit the station and it is a bit disorienting.

Chaingun makes no sense, it fires the first bullet very slowly, at first I thought it was a single shot gun, then it slowly builds up and you need to reload after 50 bullets. Accuracy is fine, but those other things make it the worst automatic weapon I have used in a FPS.

Gravity feels off in the game, mortar, nade launcher and hand grenades seem to drop too fast, but yet you get lots of momentum and float across the map. It ends up with an odd feel like different people balanced the weapon while other people did the movement and nobody talked to each other.

The game looks bad, I am sure they will update graphics but right now it looks worse than T1, actually minecraft looks better. Someone in chat mentioned to go into the console and type "gamma 1.5" and the game does look better. They have no gamma settings in the video menu and the game looks washed out. I run Overwatch on low settings and it looks way better than MA on ultra, it looks like T1 running in software mode. There is no contrast to anything in the game, it is players and background, deployed turrets are very hard to see, as you get closer it is difficult to tell if it is a screwed up texture or a deployable.

The maps aren't horrible, they go back to being more like T1 maps, I played it for hours so I was having a decent time and probably the maps were the thing that kept me playing. The game play just feels bad though, I resorted to standing around sniping a lot.

Sniping will be too strong with decent players, I don't snipe very often in games and I was hitting a lot of shots, I might also be used to tribes speeds. A decent number of maps I played you can snipe base to base, don't even need to see people just aim below the triangle to get hits.

Because it is a tribes style game I would like it to do well, but I don't see that happening. When a game like Lawbreakers has barely 1000 people playing a day, and looks a lot better than MA I doubt it will go far. People expect more from modern games.

When looking at the time between when I paid enough to get a beta key and this point it is pretty disappointing to see what the results are. This game looks like something that one person would make in less than a year on their spare time, I am sure people worked hard on it but it doesn't look like it. I don't know how much money they got from kickstarter but if it was more than $20,000 I am wondering what they wasted the money on.

ChaoStar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
171 - 08-26-2017, 03:01
I can't get over the movement. I need jump/ski on space and just jet on RMB. Don't see a way to achieve this with the current settings.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
172 - 08-26-2017, 03:06
What is midair?

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
173 - 08-26-2017, 03:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
What is midair?
Midair (video game)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Midair
MidairGameLogo.png
Developer(s) Archetype Studios
Publisher(s) Archetype Studios
Engine Unreal Engine 4
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
Release Q1 2018
Genre(s) First-person shooter
Mode(s) Multiplayer

Midair is an upcoming free-to-play first-person shooter by Archetype Studios. The game is heavily influenced by the Tribes franchise, emphasizing freedom of movement with jetpacks and skiing, while also featuring large open maps and vehicles. The game is currently under development on Unreal Engine 4, and is in the closed beta stage of development with a full release planned for Q1 2018.

Contents

1 Gameplay
2 Monetization
3 Development
4 References
5 External links

Gameplay
Midair screenshot.

Midair features similar mechanics from the Tribes franchise such as jetpacks and a mechanic the developers call skating, which allows the player to glide across the terrain. Players will have the choice of using either Light, Medium, or Heavy armors. Weapons include a Spinfusor-like weapon currently referred to as the Ring Launcher, as well as a Grenade Launcher and Chain Gun. A Mortar and Sniper Rifle are featured as well. The developers have stated that they are aiming to include most of the traditional weapons from the Tribes franchise, as well as some new ones.

A 3/4/5 weapons system similar to Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2 is currently implemented; 3 weapons for Light armor, 4 weapons for Medium armor, and 5 weapons for Heavy armor. No automatic health regeneration is present at the moment or currently planned. Players will be able to equip certain abilities and items, such as deployable sensors and turrets, or packs that give players more ammo, increased energy regeneration, cloaking abilities and more. Vehicles include a basic air fighter, a bomber which supports up to three players, and a tank which supports two players.

Game modes currently include Capture the Flag, Light Capture the Flag, Arena, and Rabbit.

Midair will feature both a server browser and match-making system.[1] The developers have also emphasized the importance of user-made content, and will include map making tools for the community and a system to deliver community maps sometime after release. Public matches will see team-sizes similar to Tribes: Ascend's 16v16, while competitive team sizes will vary between 5v5 and 11v11, depending on the game mode.[2]
Monetization

Midair will feature both unlocks and a progression system. As players progress they will earn unlocks such as weapons, packs, items, and deployables. The time needed to unlock these items has yet to be revealed, though the developers have stated that their goal is to "get everyone up to speed quickly with each role in the traditional CTF game without feeling super disadvantaged, while also encouraging players to keep playing to unlock new and cool things to do in the game over time." Players will have the option of 'buying' the game for $30, which will unlock all current and future items, barring cosmetic items which must be purchased separately.[3] This is comparable to SMITE's one-time payment option.[4]
Development

The project originally began as a port of Legions: Overdrive to the Unity game engine in 2012 by former Legions: Overdrive developers. After taking into consideration how much time and effort would be required, the team decided to make a full-fledged sequel to Legions: Overdrive. However, in 2013 the developers decided to change plans and develop a new game altogether.[5]

After working with Unity for roughly a year the developers switched to Unreal Engine 4 shortly after the engine's release in March 2014.

On August 15, 2014, Archetype Studios was officially announced as the development studio for the then-titled Project Z, along with an official website and concept art for the game. Midair made its first public unveiling to those who attended the studios (off-site) presentation during PAX Prime 2014 on August 30, 2014.[6]

On April 26, 2015, the game was officially renamed to Midair. The official website was launched,[7] and a teaser trailer was released.[8]

On August 29, 2015, a pre-alpha build was available to play during PAX Prime 2015.

On December 22, 2015, a Steam Greenlight campaign was launched for Midair. The first official gameplay trailer was also released. On December 29 they achieved Greenlight status.[9]

On May 5, 2016, Archetype Studios launched a Kickstarter campaign for Midair with a goal of $100,000. On June 4 the campaign ended with $128,000.[10]

On March 26, 2017, Midair entered the alpha stage of development.[11]

On August 17, 2017, Archetype Studios announced that the closed beta for Midair would launch on August 25th. They also announced that the full release would be pushed from November 2017 to Q1 2018.[12]

On August 25, 2017, Midair entered the closed beta stage of development. It was also released on Steam's Early Access platform, as well as Itch.io.[13]
References

Q&A Round-Up: Dedicated Servers vs Matchmaking
"The Z Axis" Podcast #7 - T:A Patch, Midair Greenlight, New Game Roundup
Monetization and Progression in Midair
Hi-Rez introduces one-time payment option for SMITE
The Future of Legions - Part Two
Archetype Studios and Project Z
Archetype Studios Facebook
Midair Teaser
Midair Has Been Greenlit!
Midair on Kicktraq
Alpha Release Date
Midair Closed Beta Release Date Target: August 25th
Midair Brings The Spirit Of Tribes To The Modern Era

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
174 - 08-26-2017, 04:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoStar View Post
I can't get over the movement. I need jump/ski on space and just jet on RMB. Don't see a way to achieve this with the current settings.
IIRC, that should be the default...

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran++
Old
175 - 08-26-2017, 05:04
I really hate the art style and overall design, it looks like crap. Even the sounds sound pretty dull. And I don't like that it has no mod support or no bots. For me, t2 is still much better, looks better, and I have no reason to play Midair. I'll give it a try when it's released and probably forget about it some days later. It's just that it's not a good idea to remake something YOU KNOW you can't surpass. It can't surpass the first two tribes games.

rtcll
VeteranX
Old
176 - 08-26-2017, 05:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2-JesusChrist View Post
I really hate the art style and overall design, it looks like crap. Even the sounds sound pretty dull. And I don't like that it has no mod support or no bots. For me, t2 is still much better, looks better, and I have no reason to play Midair. I'll give it a try when it's released and probably forget about it some days later. It's just that it's not a good idea to remake something YOU KNOW you can't surpass. It can't surpass the first two tribes games.
you dont like that it has no mod support or bots

you don't like that t2 looks better

it's the ****ing first day of closed beta they haven't even finished artwork yet

jfc stop posting

T2-JesusChrist
Veteran++
Old
177 - 08-26-2017, 06:31
The art style is something that they won't change. Rarely you see a sudden major change in art style. As for mod or bot support, it's not planned regardless if it's closed beta or not. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just stating the reasons for why T2 is still better.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
178 - 08-26-2017, 07:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoStar View Post
I was looking for an option to combine them, jump with ski helps give feed back that you have turned skiing on. I saw complaints on servers about this more often than anything else.

Contrast is off a lot in the game, it is difficult to judge position of players with the lack of shadows. A lot of times it almost looks like a 2D character on a flat background, that can be improved with graphics updates but it is something that shouldn't be on the list of "work on later".

slush
VeteranX
Old
179 - 08-26-2017, 08:50
mad4bad players thread lol

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
180 - 08-26-2017, 09:00
the same 5 ppl who were shilling this game are just going to keep saying everyone complaints are cuz they are terrible at the game.

Just another game that proves paying for beta is stupid. im sure when this game bombs all the members who are on the dev team will disappear.

Page 9 of 21

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Midair Alpha Launching 26th March

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert