Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page xbox360 and firmware hacking
Page 1 of 4
cannon-
Veteran5
Old
1 - 05-05-2010, 07:41
I know a bunch of people on these forums have their consoles hacked. I was wondering if anyone has a link to a good updated guide. I haven't purchased an xbox yet, and was wondering what to get...arcade/elite/pro etc..

I already own an xbox360 but don't want to risk having that one banned, so I'm buying another strictly for offline use only. Any MP games I want to play will be purchased. Any info will help, thanks.

Last edited by cannon-; 05-05-2010 at 07:45..
Sponsored Links
Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 05-05-2010, 07:45
cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon-

Revulsion
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 05-05-2010, 08:16
I hear there's a site called jungleflasher that has guides but for the life of me I cannot remember the address maybe google can help.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
4 - 05-05-2010, 08:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revulsion View Post
I hear there's a site called jungleflasher that has guides but for the life of me I cannot remember the address maybe google can help.
Was just at the website, don't see any tutorials. Thanks anyway.

Revulsion
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 05-05-2010, 08:21
you didn't look hard enough then

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
6 - 05-05-2010, 08:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revulsion View Post
you didn't look hard enough then
You're right. Didn't realize it was a pdf on the front page. I was looking in the forums.. Thank you.

bam
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 05-05-2010, 11:50
If you don't want to be banned from MP then don't play burned games online. My 360 Elite was not ever banned and it had been firmware hacked for about a year. I never played games online except from my unmodded 360.

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
8 - 05-05-2010, 12:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon- cannon-
I laughed.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
9 - 05-05-2010, 14:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
If you don't want to be banned from MP then don't play burned games online. My 360 Elite was not ever banned and it had been firmware hacked for about a year. I never played games online except from my unmodded 360.
Pretty sure that's exactly what I said I was gonna do.

Also what's the point of spending $300 on the elite when you're just going to hack it? Don't really need all that storage...

Last edited by cannon-; 05-05-2010 at 14:15..
DV
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 05-05-2010, 14:50
Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha

Ruthven
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 05-05-2010, 15:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon- View Post
Pretty sure that's exactly what I said I was gonna do.

Also what's the point of spending $300 on the elite when you're just going to hack it? Don't really need all that storage...
A lot of people (like me) like to install games to the HD. Also Elite was one of the first HDMI ready models iirc so a lot of us have it for that reason.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
12 - 05-05-2010, 15:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthven View Post
A lot of people (like me) like to install games to the HD. Also Elite was one of the first HDMI ready models iirc so a lot of us have it for that reason.
Understood, can the modded 360 boot iso's from the HD? Or are you talking about hacked arcade games. I was under the assumption that I had to burn disc's all the time.

EDIT: I'm dumb nevermind, I forgot you can install games to the HD but that still requires the disc in the drive correct?

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 05-05-2010, 16:12
Basically jungleflasher will tell you everything you need.

If you buy a new console, chances are you'll get a LiteOn drive which means you'll have to buy an extra DVD key Xtractor thing but it's only like 30 bucks so whatever.

The harddrive is pretty useful but I don't see the point of getting an elite myself. I got the Arcade originally but then bought a headset and harddrive so you should prob just get the Pro or whatever Tier2 is called

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 05-05-2010, 16:12
Also, I've modded 3 of them for myself and 2 buds so if you need any help feel free to ask.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
15 - 05-05-2010, 16:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
Also, I've modded 3 of them for myself and 2 buds so if you need any help feel free to ask.
Thanks, I may need assistance. Apparently Microsoft doesn't even make the pro model anymore. It's either the arcade or elite.

Is the VIA chipset still required?

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Which Console for You?

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 05-05-2010, 16:24
No, I used my onboard SATA and it worked fine.

cannon-
Veteran5
Old
17 - 05-05-2010, 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
No, I used my onboard SATA and it worked fine.
One last question for you. Do the elite consoles have rrod issues? Has Microsoft fixed the issue yet? If not I might as well just buy from ebay.

Last edited by cannon-; 05-05-2010 at 16:34..
Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 05-05-2010, 18:07
I'd imagine they have the same issues as the other ones.

I've had an arcade since Christmas of 07 and I use it fairly regularly and it has never RRoDed on me. I got lucky I suppose, or maybe it's all just hyped up by people who don't take care of their consoles.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 05-05-2010, 18:34
My older elite RROD'd eventually. But it was like the first gen one as well.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 05-05-2010, 18:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon- View Post
Thanks, I may need assistance. Apparently Microsoft doesn't even make the pro model anymore. It's either the arcade or elite.

Is the VIA chipset still required?

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Which Console for You?
nope, but not all SATA chipsets work

Compatible Chipsets : General Flashing Support

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page xbox360 and firmware hacking

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a fucking retard , yarr matey i banged katie