For the first time I gave 0 tip. by Ender - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page For the first time I gave 0 tip.
Page 4 of 4
Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 07-01-2008, 01:15
i don't really know why, but after i am done eating i just need to be out of a restaurant ASAP

Sponsored Links
zorro
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 07-01-2008, 01:21
wow you're a douchebag.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 07-01-2008, 01:23
Back when I had no friends, I would bring a book and read while waiting for my food. These days I always eat with others. Either way, it takes 20+ minutes to notice slow service.

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
64 - 07-01-2008, 01:28
Obvious: don't go back

Ender
ValtreX
Old
65 - 07-01-2008, 01:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerman View Post
One thing that really bugs me at a restaurant. When I am finished I don't expect to be held hostage while the bill is processed. There is an easy way to resolve this however. If I have to wait longer than I feel is reasonable for the bill to arrive (or return) I simply get up and head towards the front door and wait. This always gets prompt attention as it lets the person know without a doubt you are in a hurry to leave.

Keep in mind a LOT of people prefer to sit and relax for at least 10-15 minutes after a meal so wait staff will often take their time as to not make you feel rushed. You shouldn't punish them for that in my opinion. Since I differ in my habits I place the burden on myself to speed things up. I find that getting up and standing near the door establishes this in a polite way because it invites conversation. Usually the person will rush up and apologize and it gives me the chance to smile and say "no problem at all i'm just in a bit of a hurry".

If I feel the need to zero tip I will not do so without involving the manager.
Good point. Worked in a restaurant before, the waiters were always told to place the bill asap and always check if it is ready to be processed and return promptly.

I never feel rushed when a waiter leaves the bill, in fact I am glad.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 07-01-2008, 01:31
Here's what you should do:

LEAVE.

Don't ****ing pay these people, stand up, get your ****, and get out. If this ***** isn't the least bit concerned in, at the very least, taking your ****ing payment, leave the ****ing place. **** paying these people.

Now she can explain to her boss why her ****ing customers left without paying.

Ender
ValtreX
Old
67 - 07-01-2008, 01:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrell View Post
yeah waiting tables isn't that hard. The only time I was tipped 10% was the busiest I've ever been but I still got 15-20% out of all my other tables that night.

I tipped this ***** a dollar last night at stake and shake because we were her only table, never received a refill (of water wtf?) and she was talking with her coworkers. She also swept underneath our table while we were there which is really ****ing rude. My manager would have chewed me out for doing that. I should have left nothing
Exactly, I worked for a chef who was trained in austria.

I dunno, there is a certain work ethic you have to take on when you are in the service sector. They are paying for you to do a good ****ing job in serving. I use to just be an aide, it was a small restaurant but always busy. (3 waiters, ~ 15 tables). So I would do the salads help with the deserts, etc.

the chef I worked for would chew the waiters out for ****ty service. Hell, I got my ass chewed out almost every night I worked for something small. Looking back I really ****ing appreciated his ways of doing things, the best boss I ever had. His small restaurant with his wife makes big $$$, even though it's small. Why? Because of the work ethic he puts into his workers. A restaurant won't last with ****ty waiters / managers.

I would make sure that everything I did was best for the customer, which makes me pissed off when I goto places like I went to before and see the ****ty management/waiting service.

I once saw food waiting on a dispenser for a good 10 minutes, I couldn't believe my eyes. (Another restaurant).

It's not about having nothing to do, and no I did not have a stopwatch. We were talking about other things, but the ****ty service became so noticeable we started talking about it towards the end and realized, holy **** what a horrible service.

It's about demanding good service, because anything less is **** and shouldn't be tolerated with.

Last edited by Ender; 07-01-2008 at 01:40..
Ender
ValtreX
Old
68 - 07-01-2008, 01:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MD5]Hash View Post
Here's what you should do:

LEAVE.

Don't ****ing pay these people, stand up, get your ****, and get out. If this ***** isn't the least bit concerned in, at the very least, taking your ****ing payment, leave the ****ing place. **** paying these people.

Now she can explain to her boss why her ****ing customers left without paying.
I wouldn't go as far as that.

However, if we need to go I think the next thing I'll do is wait at the host stand for someone to come.

I have never left a ****ty tip in eating out, never. I've worked in the service sector in high school and know what good work is and when waiters deserve more then extra.

I understand some of you don't share the same work ethic as me or what I view as a good work ethic. And no, I will not encourage ****ty work values.

Fireman X
VeteranX
Old
69 - 07-01-2008, 01:38
is it wrong that i clicked on this thread soley to read the tags?

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
70 - 07-01-2008, 01:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman X View Post
is it wrong that i clicked on this thread soley to read the tags?
No, that's half of what I do now on here.

Atrophy
Veteran4
Old
71 - 07-01-2008, 01:41
If the level of service warrants a 0 tip, leave a nickel. That makes an impression because they know that you did not forget, and are deliberately making a statement about their ****tiness. I've only had to do it twice, but there are some lazy assholes out there.

Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 07-01-2008, 02:01
watch that card as they slide a 2 in front of your big fat 0 and take twenty home for themselves.

SpicyMcHaggis
VeteranX
Old
73 - 07-01-2008, 02:06

more?

enDless_Delirium
VeteranX
Old
74 - 07-01-2008, 02:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrophy View Post
If the level of service warrants a 0 tip, leave a nickel. That makes an impression because they know that you did not forget, and are deliberately making a statement about their ****tiness. I've only had to do it twice, but there are some lazy assholes out there.
If you're paying with a card writing a big 0 on the tip line does this just as well. You didn't miss the line, you wrote on it. Course I'd probably do something like "Next time don't talk to your friends all night" or something.

There are probably better ways to handle it, but I a tip is a gratuity. If you're not feeling like one is deserved, don't give one.

When it comes to slow service, especially at the end when I'm waiting 15-20 minutes for a bill (that I asked for. So it's not like they don't know) I'll get up, go to the podium and usually go to the host "Hey, I asked for my bill like 15 minutes ago. Can I assume since I didn't get one it's on the house?" It usually gets you some service pretty fast. And once it got me the meal comped as the manager's apology.

edit; Good job checking the card. Putting lines around the number is a good thing to do so they can't add to it. It's hard to add a 2 or 5 in front of -0.00- and the same thing around the total.

RNJBOND
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 07-01-2008, 04:30
Use a dollar bill sign so they can't change it.

Also, some people mentioned that time won't drag on if you like the people you're with - but, you do go to restaurants when you're hungry (most of the time) and, as such, should receive your food in a prompt manner. I've been in large groups and had lots of fun, but still noticed if the food took way too long to come because we were hungry.

RNJBOND
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 07-01-2008, 04:31
Damnit, why the hell is my "quick reply" box so damn tiny?

CogitoČ
VeteranX
Old
77 - 07-01-2008, 05:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTasy View Post
ever go to fenton's that place has horrible service sometimes
I went there last Thursday. The hostess lady sat us down and never got us a waiter, so we sat there for 15 minutes and nobody even gave us menus. We poured our own water. I had a cold, too, so I couldn't taste the ****ing brownie sundae.

Stimpson
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-01-2008, 05:10
tipping culture. LOL, it's the gayest thing i've ever come across

SkittleBrew
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 07-01-2008, 05:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I have never given 0 for tip when dinning out and I usually dine out a lot.

However I could not believe the service we got. Got in, sat for 5 mins waiter did not come to ask us for drinks or anything.

Ordered drink 5 mins in, it took about 7 more mins for our two drinks to come and it was only diet coke and root beer. I look around, it's mildly busy. So I shrug it off.

We order our food. Food was great. but when it was time to go she took a very long time to grab the obviously empty plates. After she got the empty plates we ask to bag certain items (bone for the dog). She took the plates and we were sitting there for about 10 minutes. Then she asked us if we were having desert, we said no. Then she leaves.

10 mins later we get the bill.

I put the card in the bill and I am waiting while I see her stop to chit chat. At this point I am annoyed. This person can stop to chit chat while we are waiting to go, whatever.

She grabs the bill no ****, 10 minutes after the bill was delivered. It took her another 10 minutes to process the bill.

Unbelievable.

I smiled at her, put a fat zero and walked out.
be sure to check your credit card statement. I've had the same experience, left a $1.00 tip (should have been about $5.00). The next day I logged on to my online banking to check my credit card statement and the bill from the night before was $4.00 heavy.

I went storming into the restaurant and had some hurtful words about the situation with the manager. I hope that ***** got fired.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page For the first time I gave 0 tip.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
====d , angry tribalwar virgins , black or foreign , cheap fuckers , don't forget to herpes , ender has teh herps , epic thread , fuck you ender , herp-o-riffic , herpes , herpes already taken :( , herpes power to 1000 , herpes time!!! , no tip = herpes , no tipping jew , penis , penis pickle , pill = no herpes , sexxxgodsteve was here , showed her - something , small dick , someone say herpes? , tipping