FilePlanet pulled T2?

Plasma

Veteran X
Okay so T2's no longer listed on FilePlanet (for download or for keys).

Did they run out of keys?

That is retarded (also even MORE retarded that they did not replace the download page with an announcement for 'be back soon' or something).

hmm.. I hope not, I gonna get all my fellow honours students to get copies, but we all got crazy deadlines this week. So only one guy has got it thus far.

What's kinda funny is how much like the original release of Tribes 2 this is.

Ok so no database problems. /me reads thread about community features being fubared

Then again I stand corrected...

How exactly is 54,000 downloads a black eye? Sounds more like a shot in the arm to me.

As for removing the CD-Key / Authentication. Which to you think is easier using an algorithm to generate some new keys and adding them to the DB. Or rewriting a bunch of code?

Spoiler

54,000 downloads, yes, but I doubt half that will ever make it to a server with all this CD key mess and patches. Tribes is a complicated game to get running as it is.

I don't think removing CD keys was ever an option since your ID is linked to it.

IMO Sierra guys read these forums too serious, so - as almost everybody here - they really think that T2 sucks. 40000 downloads in ONE day shows that this game DOESN'T suck and never did. It's funny that they wrote news about free version of T2 a month ago and then they give a limited, small number of keys to FilePlanet. ROFL, month of waiting and keys are available ONE DAY? This shows the disproportion between the reality and Sierra knowledge about the market of their own games.

Back