Any school teachers here?

Brother is a teacher..
In Finland it means university degree (5-years) to teach primary/elementary school.

Could be the reason our kids fare quite well in school (according to PISA).

Yeah private school is definitely the way forward. It's probably depriving me of my Aston Martin for another cuppla years, every silver lining has a fucking cloud.

shit - tell me about it :cry: it could otherwise be a very nice months holiday anywhere in the world every year.

only another 8 years to go before university kicks in

shit - tell me about it :cry: it could otherwise be a very nice months holiday anywhere in the world every year.

only another 8 years to go before university kicks in

One starting Uni this year, another one with 3 years of school to do. Budget of around $300k to cover that lot. Christ the cars and holidays I could have.

the most lucrative activity of the past 20 years is being bailed out of making speculative investments so bad it almost collapses the economy, but I blame the schoolteachers

Brother is a teacher..
In Finland it means university degree (5-years) to teach primary/elementary school.

Could be the reason our kids fare quite well in school (according to PISA).
don't they also get paid actually decently as opposed to the US?

i taught elementary and jr high school social studies in korea and i taught english at all levels in japan

i even worked as a university english professor for a year and spent 3 years teaching cadets at japan's air force officer candidate school

teaching the korean kids actually felt a lot more impactful bc we were studying things like european colonization and expansion and they had a lot of questions about their own country being split in 2. i did my best to keep it as factual as possible and tell them that the entirety of human history is violence, struggle, and survival of the fittest and/or luckiest and if they want to thrive then they have to be prepared to be better than the people who don't want them to thrive.

in japan i was never in a position to guide the students beyond short historical notes pertaining to language development except to the soldiers. they were all more or less adults - 20-25 years old - and mostly wanted to know how they could revive japanese nationalism in a culture that abandoned patriotism in 1945. i told them that it didnt matter what anyone in japan thought because china already made up their mind to destroy japan so they could either get on board or die.

I was kind of thinking this morning...do you all feel any sense of responsibility for the crop of mostly worthless human beings you helped shit out on to society over the last 20 years or so? Do you feel bad for pushing an agenda as opposed to actually helping kids learn the skills to be decent human beings?

Congratulations on creating a whole new group of people that will for the most part always be reliant on social programs to survive.
i think about the boomer teachers that taught my generation and it all started with those goddamn participation trophies

It's always fun in TW to see how a question for schoolteachers is answered by people that were never school teachers. The trailer parks are so bloodthirsty to give their opinion about education until asked about why trailer park inhabitants are stupid. I'm going to guess the 25 people here will push this thread 20 pages.*

* And because I responded in the way I did, this thread will become about me. The great thing is I won't ever know it because I am trying not to click on threads with really stupid questions.
we spend every workday, outside summer, for 12+ years with teachers.

I havent had sour milk every day for over 12 years but i have an opinion about it. Maybe people have opinions about education because we’re all touched by it.

Get it

i taught elementary and jr high school social studies in korea and i taught english at all levels in japan

i even worked as a university english professor for a year and spent 3 years teaching cadets at japan's air force officer candidate school

teaching the korean kids actually felt a lot more impactful bc we were studying things like european colonization and expansion and they had a lot of questions about their own country being split in 2. i did my best to keep it as factual as possible and tell them that the entirety of human history is violence, struggle, and survival of the fittest and/or luckiest and if they want to thrive then they have to be prepared to be better than the people who don't want them to thrive.

in japan i was never in a position to guide the students beyond short historical notes pertaining to language development except to the soldiers. they were all more or less adults - 20-25 years old - and mostly wanted to know how they could revive japanese nationalism in a culture that abandoned patriotism in 1945. i told them that it didnt matter what anyone in japan thought because china already made up their mind to destroy japan so they could either get on board or die.
gg teaching kids to perpetuate the cycle of violence and struggle instead of cooperating for the common good :bigthumb:

Steve Bannon said this CRT thing is going to explode in August when a lot of schools will first start on the curriculum and all moms who are not very political or right wing will know what it is.

gg teaching kids to perpetuate the cycle of violence and struggle instead of cooperating for the common good :bigthumb:
Ez5277mXsAIMgyt

:lol: ya lagbr, how dare you teach them the truth. You should only be filling them with nonsensical fairy tale endings that have no basis in history or reason. Because evil is something that can be wished away.

On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school

Back