I have watched a few episodes of Stargate because virginal tribalwar nerds said...

Neil Patrick Harris plays the gray dude

kura is just angry because they're all in the air force but nobody ever flies an airplane.

Did you start off with the first episode or what? I started watching the show when it first aired and watched it for a season and a half when it was on showtime but then I gave it up, too much cheese.

hai guys

everybody thinks im a virgin (for good reason), so im gonna be really funny and slick by calling THEM virgins... for years... and pretend im still funny everytime i do so. i win. suckers!

hai guys

everybody thinks im a virgin (for good reason), so im gonna be really funny and slick by calling THEM virgins... for years... and pretend im still funny everytime i do so. i win. suckers!

Why would you do that, TseTse?

Did you start off with the first episode or what? I started watching the show when it first aired and watched it for a season and a half when it was on showtime but then I gave it up, too much cheese.

first couple seasons suck, except for ep 1x01 where there's full nudity

I've just been watching whatever they've been putting on Sci-Fi for the past week or so.

the first season or so is kinda "hey this is serious business" and isn't that great

then they let richard dean anderson spread his wings and he pretty much rules for the majority of the rest of the seasons

</nerdvirgin>

the first season or so is kinda "hey this is serious business" and isn't that great

then they let richard dean anderson spread his wings and he pretty much rules for the majority of the rest of the seasons

</nerdvirgin>
So explain to me why it's good.

I assume that in the end the hot MILF chick blows up the space vampires and that MacGuyver kills off the weird harmonizer people and the nanomachine people.

ATM Atlantis looks far more entertaining than the original.
Even if there is a Canadian in it.

BTW
Speaking of which, where is a secure place to get TV episodes?
I'd like to rewatch the X-Files, but I no longer have any P2P access that I can trust that the RIAA/MPAA/NSA/CIA/FBI/etc won't be collecting IPs on.

Oh, you so DID NOT SAY THAT?
KRY!

Escape from NY?
Big Trouble Little China?

Kurt is too cool for school.

Arnold Schwarzenegger could have acted both of those roles. Need I say more? Add on the fact that RDA is a better actor than most Hollywood stars to begin with, and Kurt isn't looking so hot.

In the first season, both RDA and Michael Shanks were trying to mimic other actors rather than just play the characters in their own way. Once they got tired of that, both characters became infinitely more badass. Carter also went from a homely, dorky chick with a retarded haircut, to an actual attractive chick with quite a bit more sass, but that change occurred much later. As did Teal'c's change from the silent guy who does whatever anyone tells him to a much more intelligent and vocal character who actually did things for himself. The first seasons had more creative episodes, but the acting and characters in general were noticeably worse.

In the first season, both RDA and Michael Shanks were trying to mimic other actors rather than just play the characters in their own way. Once they got tired of that, both characters became infinitely more badass. Carter also went from a homely, dorky chick with a retarded haircut, to an actual attractive chick with quite a bit more sass, but that change occurred much later. As did Teal'c's change from the silent guy who does whatever anyone tells him to a much more intelligent and vocal character who actually did things for himself. The first seasons had more creative episodes, but the acting and characters in general were noticeably worse.

That pretty well sums up what I was going to say.

That all being said, I've always dug on the Stargate series, yes Atlantis as well. (although I swear to god I always fucking hated Dr.Weir, she was that bitch from Earth 2, not really, but that's who she reminded me of.)

*EDIT:* In reality I only compare them because of the way the played the characters, something about it just bothered the shit out of me. And besides the chick from Earth 2 is way hotter than Dr.Weir.

SGA - Dr.Weir (Torri Higginson)
torri-higginson.jpg

Earth 2 - Devon Adair (Debrah Farentino)
18824404.jpg

She also played the double agent psychologist on Eureka 1st and 2nd seasons.

Last edited:
Back