soulcalibur 4 you got it? by WildKnight - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page soulcalibur 4 you got it?
Page 4 of 8
ChaoStar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 07-30-2008, 19:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
The real question is.. how does the 360 controller stack up against the ps3 for fighters.

I'm so used to the ps style controller from playing the tekken series to death.. I just can't see the 360 controller being great for a fighting game.. a solid d-pad is where its at..and the 360 just doesn't have that. (Using the stick is ****ing homo gay too)..

So.. those of you who've played tons of fighters on ps2 etc.. how does it play on 360?
If you play a lot of fighters you should probably just invest in an actual arcade style stick.

Sponsored Links
WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 07-30-2008, 19:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
The real question is.. how does the 360 controller stack up against the ps3 for fighters.

I'm so used to the ps style controller from playing the tekken series to death.. I just can't see the 360 controller being great for a fighting game.. a solid d-pad is where its at..and the 360 just doesn't have that. (Using the stick is ****ing homo gay too)..

So.. those of you who've played tons of fighters on ps2 etc.. how does it play on 360?
there are only 4 buttons, vertical attack, horizontal attack, kick, and guard. so in essence they control identically.

veritas
Veteran4
Old
63 - 07-30-2008, 19:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKnight View Post
there are only 4 buttons, vertical attack, horizontal attack, kick, and guard. so in essence they control identically.
It's not so much the buttons perse but the dpad I'm concerned about.. the 360s feels really sluggish

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 07-30-2008, 19:52
i have both consoles but i am a thumbstick controller. there aren't many if any down/downforeward/foreward style moves in the game

assfrags
VeteranX
Old
65 - 07-30-2008, 20:03
There is at least one or two per character.

Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 07-30-2008, 20:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Reed View Post
IMBA is a retarded MMO term. A more appropriate term for the fighting game genre would be simply "broken".

I am unsurprised that Soul Calibur 4 is a fun but largely unbalanced mess. Regardless, I will probably buy it once I get 360 #2 repaired/swapped out for another refurb just so that I can make dorky custom characters running around in their underwear.

But mostly I'm looking forward to being able to play VF5 again. God, I hope they bring the new revision to 360 so that I can get even more cowboy hats and crap (plus Sarah's slutty trailer-trash outfit from VF3).
It's really hard to find a good VF5 game late at night. I gave up around 8th/9th Dan a few months ago because it just got too hard to get better. The time investment required to get up there with the current crop of Master+ ranked players is just too much. I'm not a teen anymore. I can't play videogames like they're my job.

But the point of my quoting you is because I don't think they're updating anything more with the vf5 version of xbox, or at least that's what VFDC thinks. VF5 hasn't sold very well in North America, which is a shame because it really is the best/balanced/most difficult fighting game out there.

Last edited by Leonidas Tzu; 07-30-2008 at 20:16..
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 07-30-2008, 21:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SHiN]AkumA View Post
this is a great deal

Virtua Fighter 5 for Xbox 360 - Sega - Toys "R" Us
Thanks! I like fighting games, but don't play them enough to pay $60 for them. 20 bucks is good!

Back on SC4, I hear now that only Yoda is in the 360 version and Vader is in the PS3? That sucks. No Vader for 360?

On the Gamespot topic, review sites are all corrupt pieces of ****. All the big games buy themselves great scores. If I want to know how good a game is, I ask the players.

assfrags
VeteranX
Old
68 - 07-30-2008, 21:33
Apprentice is ridiculous too.

Flowen
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 07-30-2008, 21:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu View Post
It's really hard to find a good VF5 game late at night. I gave up around 8th/9th Dan a few months ago because it just got too hard to get better. The time investment required to get up there with the current crop of Master+ ranked players is just too much. I'm not a teen anymore. I can't play videogames like they're my job.

But the point of my quoting you is because I don't think they're updating anything more with the vf5 version of xbox, or at least that's what VFDC thinks. VF5 hasn't sold very well in North America, which is a shame because it really is the best/balanced/most difficult fighting game out there.

Stig
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 07-31-2008, 05:35
Got online and got the **** kicked out of me by some ******* wearing a pink bikini and fighting with a rose, thus ends my love of this game lol.

**** this, problem with gaming at this level is not having the time to master it, and now they have to add insult to injury with these gay costumes.

I change my rating to a fat 'F' because I'm a sore loser

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
71 - 07-31-2008, 05:43
I bought it and being Yoda is freaking hard, he jumps too damn much

Oktane
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 07-31-2008, 06:07
got my copy earlier today and working on beating the story mode with each character, then once that's done I'll work on the tower mode. I'm really not very good at fighting games at all so I probably won't even bother to play it online unless some of my friends want to whip my ass.

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
73 - 07-31-2008, 08:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
Got online and got the **** kicked out of me by some ******* wearing a pink bikini and fighting with a rose, thus ends my love of this game lol.

**** this, problem with gaming at this level is not having the time to master it, and now they have to add insult to injury with these gay costumes.

And that, ladies and gentlemen - is the principal problem with the typical gamer's approach to these games -- you can't just go in blind and expect to beat ass without getting your ass beat in return by somebody who's stopped to practice. It wasn't true for Tribes, it wasn't true for WoW (lol), and it won't be true for SC4.

Do yourselves a favor and play around in Practice Mode before you do ANYTHING in-game. Don't just press buttons randomly and expect magic to happen. Cultivate your skills and make your OWN magic.

Personally, I'd give that man a medal. Unless he was a girl. Then I'd get all shy and crap.

enDless_Delirium
VeteranX
Old
74 - 07-31-2008, 09:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post

Had someone similar (pink bikini and cassandra's style) do something similar to me. Quick Match loved putting me against them too. It was SOO satisfying when I finally managed to get Sigfried to not fall to the low-rush down she kept doing.

Keep at it, improve. It's fun

Sadly, did experience my first couple bits of lag last game. Ruined a couple of guard impacts for me. (not that I'm amazing, but even I can notice when my guard impact doesn't go off for half a second after I input the command)

Golazo
Old
75 - 07-31-2008, 12:06
im 10-1 in reg ranked match, i dont want to paly more and ruin my record :P

who wants some

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
76 - 07-31-2008, 19:28
I haven't touched the online yet but so far I am liking the game a lot. Haven't unlocked the Apprentice yet - but Yoda is interesting to play as. I still stick with Kilik for the most part.

MentalPiracy
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 07-31-2008, 19:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPiracy*UD* View Post
i have the ps3 version sitting on my desk right now.. il play it in a few hours and report back..
Well after playing this game a couple hours i do have to say the game is freakin awsome.. i like Darth Vader in the game.. The charachter ive used since soul edge is Sigfried and pretty much the same moves game play etc.. but i found the story mode to be kinda easy on normal.. but anyway 5/5..

jotun
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-31-2008, 20:06
are nightmare and sigfried separate again like they were in SC3?

Zanick
Veteran++
Old
79 - 07-31-2008, 21:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun View Post
are nightmare and sigfried separate again like they were in SC3?
Yup

Azn_Essence
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 07-31-2008, 21:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeptaur View Post
AND THE SOUL STILL BURNS
lol

Page 4 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page soulcalibur 4 you got it?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
i retrospective