"Roman" chicken

BadMoFo

Contributor
Veteran XX
So tonights dinner is happily stewing away right now, I took it from here because I felt like having some chicken tonight.

I didn't really follow any of the measurements because I never do, measuring is for pussies.

Anyway on with the shoe

our ingredients assembled, red and yellow bell pepper, italian parsley, capers, prosciutto, fresh thyme, oregano, garlic and of course chicken.

2samt6g.jpg

season the chicken with salt and pepper, a breast split, skin on bone in

293zk01.jpg

brown the chicken on both sides and remove from the pan

2zpmhdv.jpg

in that same pan cook the bell pepper and prosciutto

taig74.jpg

after the prosciutto is crisp and the peppers are browned add the garlic and cook another minute

303kz1l.jpg

add white wine and tomatoes along with your thyme and oregano

2db5bpl.jpg

add the some chicken stock, place the chicken back in and bring to a boil, reduce and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through

21cchtx.jpg

this will be served with some thin pasta and mizithra cheese.

once it's finished I'll add some italian parsley and some capers :sunny:

coming up soon and damn I'm hungry

well here we are, after a while simmering, add the capers and the parsley

2zylqhh.jpg

grate some cheese over the top and serve nice and hot

enjoy :sunny:

10p8v12.jpg

Last edited:
chicken + white wine + capers is basically cheating at cooking

prosciutto was cooked over how much heat?

looks delicious :)

probably should have followed the measurements since i'm not super awesome at eyeballing shit to taste, but :shrug:. it was good.

GEDC0016.jpg

thx for the recipe.

I made a slow cooker version of coq an vin tonight, it went over pretty well and I used one breast and two thighs bone-in. When it comes to stews and chicken I find the thighs are better, the darker meat has more flavor than the breast and bones add more flavor to the stew. Apparently it was so good my dad was digging through the bottom of the pot to get at more stew liquid, and here's an interesting secret.

Spoiler

Apparently that not only thickens it adds a nice gloss to the stewing liquid and since it's tasteless it's pretty much undetectable.

Back