Tribes 2 Community Patch Finalized

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
Colosus, sticky? And how about a news item to let all the newbies who come here know what they need to do to get up to speed in T1 and 2 (like ski scripts for T1, this patch for T2).

Speaking of newbies, I recall that when T2 came out, many on these forums weren't very friendly or helpful to them, and I personally spoke to several new players who said they were ditching the game because they found friendlier communities elsewhere. I hope that attitude has changed so that we attract and keep new players when T:V is out. This patch is certainly a step in the right direction. Thanks, ZOD.

shmigget said:
Speaking of newbies, I recall that when T2 came out, many on these forums weren't very friendly or helpful to them, and I personally spoke to several new players who said they were ditching the game because they found friendlier communities elsewhere. I hope that attitude has changed so that we attract and keep new players when T:V is out.
:lol: Can a leopard change it's spots?

ilys said:
:lol: Can a leopard change it's spots?

In this case, I hope so. I'm tired of meeting people who never tried Tribes because they heard the community was inbred and hostile. These same people play games like bf1942 and think it's revolutionary, and that's sad. Since they got turned off to Tribes at the outset, they never got to see what they were missing. We all know that Tribes has a higher learning curve that other titles, so we need to be more helpful as a community if we want new players to fall in love with the game as we have.

And if we don't want new players? If that's the case, T:V will fade into obscurity just like the others, and we'll be left wondering why most of the servers are empty.

Both of the new t2 players that I gave the community patch to have reported that it broke the training missions. It makes all of the voice instructions play at the same time, and the instructions in the chat hud are messed up. Restoring the original scripts.vl2 fixed the problem.

Looks like the new scripts.vl2 is the culprit - it should be installed after training is complete. Might be worth mentioning on the download page.

shmigget said:
Speaking of newbies, I recall that when T2 came out, many on these forums weren't very friendly or helpful to them, and I personally spoke to several new players who said they were ditching the game because they found friendlier communities elsewhere. I hope that attitude has changed so that we attract and keep new players when T:V is out. This patch is certainly a step in the right direction. Thanks, ZOD.

Unfortunately, I have little hope that this community will change. Because of the elitism that being good at T1 nearly justifies, its kinda like asking Ex-Navy SEALS to treat BUDS trainees with kindness. There is an initiation now, and you have to pass before becoming a member of this community. Personally, I hope new commuties of nicer people will form to help some of the rejects from here, because Tribes: Vengeance definately needs more than just TW elitists playing.

I am going to assume it is the new AI code, which totally p0wns the original code. I'll edit the download text to state as such.

Last edited:
Back