To the tw religious ppl by Falhawk - Page 23 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page To the tw religious ppl
Page 23 of 34
Thread Tools
cael
VeteranXV
Old
441 - 10-26-2020, 15:49
Reply With Quote
benefits include raging about american politics, chik fil a, and busting inside
 
cael is offline
 
Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
442 - 10-26-2020, 15:51
Reply With Quote
Been years since I busted inside. Dang. Gotta up my faith.
 
amRam is offline
 
cael
VeteranXV
Old
443 - 10-26-2020, 15:51
Reply With Quote
Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother's wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also.

u have to bust inside
 
cael is offline
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
444 - 10-26-2020, 15:58
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother's wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also.



u have to bust inside
Biden 101
 
amRam is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
445 - 10-26-2020, 15:59
Reply With Quote
bust inside the widow, not your brother's daughter or her feet.
 
havax is offline
 
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
446 - 10-26-2020, 16:42
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Hey look, someone's arguing semantics again.
Um...thats your thing.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
 
Falhawk is online now
 
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
447 - 10-26-2020, 16:45
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Wtf are you talking about man

I'm speaking specifically about the BELIEF, how many times do I need to spell that word out you ****ing imbecile? Nowhere did I say god exists.

I'm saying there are good reasons for BELIEF IN GOD. It's beneficial to humans and has existed since basically our beginning.
Ok ill bring it back to the main topic. Why do people believe in their own God? There a bunch of pantheon, why christian (which is a relatively recent umbrella), Islam, hindu, or the USA bible from ngfm? Peer pressure? Tradition?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
 
Falhawk is online now
 
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
448 - 10-26-2020, 16:46
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Ok ill bring it back to the main topic. Why do people believe in their own God? There a bunch of pantheon, why christian (which is a relatively recent umbrella), Islam, hindu, or the USA bible from ngfm? Peer pressure? Tradition?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Jesus lore steals from Norse and Egyptiam gods. Constantine rewrote things to convert and gain control. Why is this ignored?


**** I'm posting like tele.

My apologies.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
 
Falhawk is online now
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
449 - 10-26-2020, 16:52
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Ok ill bring it back to the main topic. Why do people believe in their own God? There a bunch of pantheon, why christian (which is a relatively recent umbrella), Islam, hindu, or the USA bible from ngfm? Peer pressure? Tradition?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
If the drive for belief in a higher power is inherent in humans (it certainly seems to be) then it stands to reason that people tend to believe in the deities present in their culture of upbringing. I can't see a path in which a kid born in a Christian nation to Christian parents would ever even get the idea to believe in whatever gods the buddhists and hindus believe.
 
amRam is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
450 - 10-26-2020, 16:59
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Can you name one positive benefit of religion that cannot also be achieved by secular means?
is a positive benefit of religion somehow not positive anymore because there are alternatives?
 
Pagy is online now
 
Veniggs
VeteranX
Old
451 - 10-26-2020, 17:00
Reply With Quote
one positive thing about religion is that ppl like amadeus used to be burned at the stake
 
Veniggs is offline
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
452 - 10-26-2020, 17:02
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniggs View Post
one positive thing about religion is that ppl like amadeus used to be burned at the stake
Pedos? Or non-believers?
 
amRam is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
453 - 10-26-2020, 17:03
Reply With Quote
positively maybe not
 
Pagy is online now
 
Amadeus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
454 - 10-26-2020, 17:08
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
is a positive benefit of religion somehow not positive anymore because there are alternatives?
It's not just that there are alternatives, there are alternatives that grant all the benefits but don't come with potentially harmful baggage.

If you can have your choice of two brands of hamburger, and they're identical except one contains asbestos and the other doesn't, is there a good reason to choose the one with asbestos?
 
Amadeus is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
455 - 10-26-2020, 17:09
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
It's not just that there are alternatives, there are alternatives that grant all the benefits but don't come with potentially harmful baggage.

If you can have your choice of two brands of hamburger, and they're identical except one contains asbestos and the other doesn't, is there a good reason to choose the one with asbestos?
lol wat
 
havax is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
456 - 10-26-2020, 17:15
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
It's not just that there are alternatives, there are alternatives that grant all the benefits but don't come with potentially harmful baggage.
so what though? I believe in personal liberty. People should be allowed to join book clubs. They should be allowed become alcoholics. And they should be allowed to worship their gods.

We have laws to govern negative consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
If you can have your choice of two brands of hamburger, and they're identical except one contains asbestos and the other doesn't, is there a good reason to choose the one with asbestos?
The more apt example would be a hamburger that potentially contains asbestos. But again, people should be allowed to think what they want.
 
Pagy is online now
 
Amadeus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
457 - 10-26-2020, 17:55
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
so what though? I believe in personal liberty. People should be allowed to join book clubs. They should be allowed become alcoholics. And they should be allowed to worship their gods.

We have laws to govern negative consequences.

The more apt example would be a hamburger that potentially contains asbestos. But again, people should be allowed to think what they want.
And should they be allowed to inflict those potentially self-harmful beliefs on others? Their children for instance? Is that fair to the children?
 
Amadeus is offline
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
458 - 10-26-2020, 18:16
Reply With Quote
Amapedo gonna decide how you raise your children


Lmao


Imagine this ****ing guy being the arbiter of truth
 
amRam is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
459 - 10-26-2020, 18:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
This picture is also funny in an ironic way because whoever made it thinks that they do not prescribe to a worldview that is guilty of doing the same thing.

It is like making fun of people for wearing pink pants when you yourself are wearing pink pants.

People as a whole are keenly unaware of their own plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
I don't have any desire to follow the top religions, because they are based on stories that happened 2k years ago. Yet all those people follow it, and believe. They sweep aside the superpower stuff that makes no sense, just like the Quran is a "peaceful" religion. People like me would then become an Atheist, but they believe there is no God. That's not the answer.
So you are against following a story 2k years old, but perfectly fine following a story billions of years old. Makes sense to me!

As for the sweeping aside the super power stuff, Atheists and secular humanists do the exact same thing. They never bother to explain how "something" can spontaneously explode from "nothing," a scientific impossibility.

Regarding Darwinian Theory, they never bother to explain where the new information comes from. They just simply assert that a turd on a log can become Einstein by its own volition without any help of outside intelligence, which violates science by refuting the second law of thermodynamics.

Most everyone has supernatural beliefs, but many have brainwashed themselves into believing that they do not.

These things never get brought up because people pride themselves on their supposed disbelief in the supernatural.

If you believe in the big bang, or Darwin's theory of evolution, you believe in the supernatural.

It's funny because if you told someone "Look, it's a turd that became a Russian super model!" they would laugh at your nonsense,
but then you can just say "Wait no, it took a million years for it to happen." and then that will wipe the laughter
right off of their face, cus that's real serious talk, amiright?

Science will reveal later that turds can't become Russian super-models and I'm gonna lean back in my chair when Darwinian theory is proven false.

The Cambrian Explosion alone should be enough to make you all doubt it, but you have all been so heavily indoctrinated since birth like I was, so it doesn't matter at this point.
Cambrian explosion - Wikipedia

This thread is a great example of what you can expect to encounter if you dare challenge the almighty religion of Darwinism:

1) Mockery and Humiliation

Ex) You don't believe in Darwinian theory? What a fool! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
if you refer back to the first line of your post where you refer to evolution as “just a theory”, that would be the moment i wrote you off an uneducated retard not able to be taught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
I can't tell if tpk is trolling. I'd pegged him as smarter than that.
2) Appeal to mass opinion

Ex) Every qualified scientist believes in Darwinian theory, how could you not?

3) Disdain for any scrutinization

Ex) Lol, don't embarrass yourself by asking questions about it, just believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
I mean youre asking why there are still monkeys this is embarrassing dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
And the fact that every one of those is a strawman, as is pretty much everything else you've said in this thread, is how I know that you lied about caring about the truth of your statements.
4) Appeal to credentials

Ex) You should believe in Darwinian theory because a qualified scientist says it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
I'm saying you should believe them because through their work, they have much, much, MUCH better informed conclusions on the subject than you, who have never even heard of Carl Sagan until now, do.
5) Refusal to engage or answer any real investagative questions.

Ex) They will use all of the above techniques, but they will not address your actual questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
Ok, if animals are evolving and becoming new animals, how fast does it happen?
*silence* *no answer* *tumbleweeds*

If you look at the above, does that sound like even a remotely unfair question to ask about a scientific truth? And yet doing so will be met with potent emotional response from anyone you ask it to. They get really upset very quickly. Why is that do you suppose?

Rinse and repeat any of the above steps that have nothing to do with logic, science, evidence, or deduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
One can believe in an all mighty God or next dimension without following a top religion.
Absolutely correct. Many highly regarded intelligent minds are as you describe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
given the personal comfort, joy and community it brings some people, there are many reasons that can be considered “good” no matter how irrational it appears to be.
Exact same thing can be said about your religion of secular humanism, only even more so.

Sure must be nice, warm, and cozy believing that you will not be held accountable for any of your actions in this lifetime.

The Atheistic worldview is perhaps the most comforting of all.

When you die, you just cease to exist, how lovely and peaceful. No more work, no more bills, no more ex-girlfriend stalking you, no more worries, anxiety, or rent checks, just silence and finality wrapped up in a nice little bow-tie.

Believing that you are on the side of science and all others are blind faith based rock-level-intelligence idiots is one of the more comforting things for one's ego to hear.

When people ask about your religion or spirituality, you can just say "I just do my own thing" and they always nod and smile and treat you respectfully. How comfortable indeed.

In contrast, many of the world's religions are terribly discomforting, that you could be held accountable for every single wrong thing you do in this lifetime and punished severely for it by something far more powerful than you. How terrifying.

To describe many of the terrors described in religious books as "intensely bad" is an understatement. Considering them as an actual reality is quite unsettling indeed.

The above quoted statement is basically just more perpetuated ignorance based on raw lack of understanding about religion.

Most of the time when I read Atheists writing about religion and what they think it is, it's daunting how little they know.

When my entire world view changed from an Atheistic worldview to a Theistic one, it was one of the most intensely uncomfortable experiences I have ever had.

Describing religion as "comfortable" is just so blatantly wrong on so many levels.

What does Atheism have that is more discomforting than the possibility of eternal damnation and torture?

There is the continual discomfort of people instantly disliking you and treating you very poorly after finding out that you believe in God. When you are an Atheist, nobody cares.

The Atheist lifestyle is wildly more comfortable as there are no rules. You can lie as much as you like, have sex with as many people as you want, steal, blaspheme holy names as much as you like. As long as nobody catches you committing a crime it's all good.

A religious lifestyle can often be very uncomfortable. There are rules, regulations, and you can be held heavily accountable for not following them.

Belief in God lies heavily on the side of "rationality" due to the incredible complexity and fine-tuning of the universe as science understands it.

Believing that things can suddenly spawn and appear out of non-existance with no cause and reason, as most Atheists prescribe too, is heavily on the side of irrationality.

Cliffs: Atheism is far more irrational and comforting than Theism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Two of the nicest people I know (my ex i laws actually) are very religious. I don't know if they are nice because of religion or just nice in general but I don't care, they are just great.
Totally agree in reverse. Many of my friends are Atheists and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Highly intelligent as well.

One does not need to prescribe to a world religion to exercise quality morals. As human-beings we are hard-wired with morality and understanding of the difference between right and wrong.

I have met many people that believe in God that I found to be contemptable.

A large part of me is repulsed by organized religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Belief in god old as humanity. Humanity wildly successful for hundreds of thousands of years. Our moral grounding was based on religious beliefs. That moral grounding permeated all successful cultures.

If someone wants to argue that belief in god is unnecessary or unfavorable, they'll have to back it up with some evidence.
Correct. Most people fail to realize that the default parameter set to humanity for all time in binary terms has been "1" not "0".

The problem is you can't bring this up without ever getting roped into the long and tiresome argument about how "you can't prove the non existence of something."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQgOjHsMEeE

Yes, I'm in the minority of people that are extremely skeptical towards Darwin's theory of evolution. The only way I would believe in it if there was a source of intelligence behind it that were driving it, as to not violate the second law of thermodynamics. Bacteria filled poop simply cannot turn itself into a 7-headed-hydra with Einstein levels of intelligence on its own. You can put me in the bucket along with the above 1,000 "idiotic" scientists.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
460 - 10-26-2020, 18:46
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
And should they be allowed to inflict those potentially self-harmful beliefs on others?
we have laws. And we have brains. I was raised catholic and would equate religious belief with fairy tales so if i made it so can u.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Their children for instance? Is that fair to the children?
yes they are allowed to enroll their children in swimming lessons, camp and yes, church stuff.
 
Pagy is online now
 
Page 23 of 34
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page To the tw religious ppl

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
hitlet's n word , vanster chokes women


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41.