To the tw religious ppl by Falhawk - Page 17 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page To the tw religious ppl
Page 17 of 34
Thread Tools
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
321 - 10-22-2020, 19:41
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
You apparently don't. Let's try again.

Science is, by definition, the totality of tools and methods that we have found through experience to date to be reliable for arriving at true statements about our shared reality.

That means that whatever proves to be reliable, it gets included in science. Anything that proves unreliable, it gets excluded.

Do you agree with that definition of science?


Do you agree with my definition of a gorilla?
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Amadeus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
322 - 10-22-2020, 19:49
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
GG, thanks for your ultimate surrender.
 
Amadeus is offline
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
323 - 10-22-2020, 20:08
Reply With Quote
Oh cool another discussion about definitions of words

Didn't see that coming
 
amRam is offline
 
lemontw
Veteran++
Old
324 - 10-22-2020, 20:24
Reply With Quote
yes of coarse

science arrives at true statements about our shared reality without fail

roll eyes etc

now on paperview
 
lemontw is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
325 - 10-22-2020, 20:50
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Victory Mentality
Dang, GG.

You win dude.

You typing out the definition of science really did me in...
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
326 - 10-22-2020, 21:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Science is, by definition, the totality of tools and methods that we have found through experience to date to be reliable for arriving at true statements about our shared reality.
I now realize what you were ranting about. I didn't realize because I kinda started tuning out. Your communication is becoming less and less interesting.

You claim science to be the complete totality of the ascertainment of truth.

It is not.

Everyone knows that there are things that exist that cannot be yet measured.

Science is by defintion:

1) the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

or

2) a systematically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject.

The word "totality" is nowhere in sight in either of these definitions...

You are welcome to have your own strange unique definition of the word, but nobody would agree with you.

Any scientist will tell you that there are truths about the universe that cannot be measured or observed.

Quantum physics is another subject that delves into the unmeasurable and unobservable.

If you think that science is the only way to ascertain truth, than you wouldn't believe anything that your friends ever told you. You would also argue that testimony should not be used in a court of law, which I doubt you do.

You have no consistency in your position at all.

You also proved my point all along on the victory mentality stuff... I'm right about everything else as well.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
LawnDart
VeteranXV
Old
327 - 10-22-2020, 22:34
Reply With Quote
Well said PK truth
 
LawnDart is offline
 
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
328 - 10-22-2020, 22:39
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
The word "totality" is nowhere in sight in either of these definitions...
It is for people for whom science is their religion.
 
Data is offline
 
LGBR
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
329 - 10-22-2020, 23:00
Reply With Quote
amadeus has been - for years now - trying to twist what science is in order to normalize his pedophilia
 
LGBR is online now
 
DudeofDeath
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
330 - 10-23-2020, 02:09
Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSdGr4K4qLg
 
DudeofDeath is offline
 
StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
331 - 10-23-2020, 03:44
Reply With Quote
The Jewish god is what Christians call the devil. Jews have high number of genetic defects because they are terribly inbred. Sam Harris is Jewish.
 
StapleMammal1 is offline
 
ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Old
332 - 10-23-2020, 05:23
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
yes im aware. and the theory of evolution is a proven fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
Then why did you call it a "theory?"
You obviously don't know the definition of 'theory' in a scientific context, you should probably learn that before you start trying to educate everyone
 
ArakAtak is offline
 
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
333 - 10-23-2020, 08:37
Reply With Quote
It's interesting when viewing the top religions in a chart.
The Big Religion Chart - ReligionFacts
and here
Most Popular World Religions

3 religions are Abrahamic and believe in one god.
Jews only have 14 million followers in Judaism compared to 2.2 billion Christians.
Muslims believe in one God, same for Christians, it's just that Mohamed was born in 570 AD. So they did what the USA should do. They said, we're going to follow our own religion. It's just that Islam is brutal with over 100 statements telling their followers to kill those who don't believe, and their practices are whacked. Most American's don't want to follow that ****.

The joke with Christianity is if you are aware of it, but don't say you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, then you're going to hell and won't get into heaven. What happens to all those people who are not aware of this, or know but believe in something else? Do they go to hell? The problem with Christianity is when you say that prayer, you are giving your life over to the church. Same thing with Islam and other religions. That's a cult and it's dangerous.

In summary, there's one mighty God for most religions. Three of the top 6 are based in Jerusalem, 3 are based in India. For the USA, it's a waste of time to read stories that happened in Jerusalem 2k years ago, yet that's what people do every Sunday, because they think they're going to hell if they don't.
 
NoGodForMe is online now
 
Last edited by NoGodForMe; 10-23-2020 at 08:54..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
334 - 10-23-2020, 08:52
Reply With Quote
We totally need a US religion.

Get on the ngfm

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
 
Falhawk is offline
 
Lastlobo
VeteranXX
Old
335 - 10-23-2020, 09:09
Reply With Quote
Mohammed was a caravan raider who married a six-year-old girl. Muslims had a bunch of different gods back then. Mohammed wanted a way to bring the different tribes together. He was staying in a cave one day and had him, probably, an epileptic fit (seizure) during this episode a so-called called angel-of-light showed up in a "vision" and laid out the current Islamic faith. He chose the moon god allah out of all the other gods to make him the one. It works for the Jewish/Christian population.

That way, he can cut down on all the different warring factions who followed different gods and consolidate his power.

This guy would get bored and spend a day digging a trench, line up all the infidels he came across that wouldn't convert to his new religion, and cut their heads off filling up the trench with blood by the end of the day.

Man, I read that book a long time ago in a College library while writing a British Lit II paper. The religion of peace. mmmk.
 
Lastlobo is offline
 
Last edited by Lastlobo; 10-24-2020 at 21:44..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
336 - 10-23-2020, 09:11
Reply With Quote
Every religion has been perverted by people who want more power

If people acknowledge tat, why do they choose to still follow their respective religion?

Around Christmas time churches will put up signs "Jesus is the reason for the season" yet nearly all Christmas traditions came from pagans (thanks Constantine)

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
 
Falhawk is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
337 - 10-23-2020, 09:15
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
You obviously don't know the definition of 'theory' in a scientific context, you should probably learn that before you start trying to educate everyone
Really? Cus last time I checked facts were called facts, and theories were called theories.

What Is a Scientific Theory? | Definition of Theory | Live Science.

"Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. Facts and theories are two different things. In the scientific method, there is a clear distinction between facts, which can be observed and/or measured, and theories, which are scientists' explanations and interpretations of the facts."

Definition of "theory":
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

And if you were curious, the definition of a "supposition":
an uncertain belief.

When was the last time you heard someone say "I believe in the theory of a round Earth"? This has moved into the category of being a scientific fact.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Lastlobo
VeteranXX
Old
338 - 10-23-2020, 09:19
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Every religion has been perverted by people who want more power

If people acknowledge tat, why do they choose to still follow their respective religion?

Around Christmas time churches will put up signs "Jesus is the reason for the season" yet nearly all Christmas traditions came from pagans (thanks Constantine)

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
I cannot disagree with that.

Easter (fertility god worship, everyone knows bunnies **** and multiply like crazy), Christmas (Let's throw a tree up and worship around it giving each other cool gifts, fun for the kids) - made into Pagan holidays, the old worship of Baal and Molech. Throw some babies in the fire, while the priest made a lot of noise to drown out the screams so the parents wouldn't freak the hell out and back out of the whole sacrifice ordeal.

Yeah, the holidays were perverted along the way.
 
Lastlobo is offline
 
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
339 - 10-23-2020, 09:22
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Every religion has been perverted by people who want more power

If people acknowledge tat, why do they choose to still follow their respective religion?

Around Christmas time churches will put up signs "Jesus is the reason for the season" yet nearly all Christmas traditions came from pagans (thanks Constantine)

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Because humans are pack animals and we need social circles and communities to survive properly in the world.

"The Church" may be a corrupt organization at the top but down at the community level it's almost always a positive thing for its members.

At the end of the day it's a congregation of like-minded individuals who share the same beliefs. Not sure why that needs to be **** on.
 
amRam is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
340 - 10-23-2020, 09:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Every religion has been perverted by people who want more power

If people acknowledge tat, why do they choose to still follow their respective religion?

Around Christmas time churches will put up signs "Jesus is the reason for the season" yet nearly all Christmas traditions came from pagans (thanks Constantine)
That is a great question surrounded by intelligent and accurate observations.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Page 17 of 34
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page To the tw religious ppl

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
hitlet's n word , vanster chokes women


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:01.