Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 24 of 2009
Darklord
VeteranX
Old
461 - 03-13-2011, 17:32
wait, so this is a different title? I thought it was just a rebranding of the MMO.

Sponsored Links
Vir
VeteranXV
Old
462 - 03-13-2011, 17:39
Now the mmo can have everything that a T1 player would hate but is necessary to actually get someone to buy the game.

hyung
VeteranXV
Old
463 - 03-13-2011, 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMeithos View Post
wtf are you talking about?

I played on the first LT ladder and played for the #1 or #2 team for almost a year. I didn't say LT was bad. I loved LT. I just said that 10v10 is much better and would be the only thing that would draw me back into playing.
what team was that, just curious

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
464 - 03-13-2011, 18:17
bone thugz n' harmony was one of them. Me and my boy Flanetix were a hot LD team and we played for a number of 10v10 and LT teams together. We were equally good (except I was better at bodyblocking/MAs, he was better at dueling). East coast server he'd chase, west coast I'd chase b/c one of us would have a 24 ping.

The only team I remember beating us was nutz/wolfpack who had skillz, Terror, I think SlotR, TSI, and... I don't remember their capper.

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
465 - 03-13-2011, 18:20
I started with Tribes 2. So fun. Me and my boy Thor, public tankers. Guess I gotta get it!

deadfish
Veteran++
Old
466 - 03-13-2011, 18:49
Ummm tribes masters with andrew, swank, woohoo, and i forget who else were the number 1 LT team on the ladder until they dropped because vab, nothing left to prove.

travelyan
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
467 - 03-13-2011, 18:51
i played for z2. and |311|

i was very bad

Calder
VeteranXV
Old
468 - 03-13-2011, 18:59
The Tribes Universe forums are painful. I can only hope that the developers pay no attention to the tards on their forums.

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
469 - 03-13-2011, 19:04
So how many whiney T1 base "I was on a top 20 OGL team" fags have crawled out from under their bitter little rocks to piss and moan about how bad this game will suck?

I'm sorry, but if that short little teaser trailer didn't give you goose bumps and remind you of all that Tribes was, as well as give you hope for what Tribes could be again, you are not a true Tribes player.

Best of luck to Hi-Rez...and die in a fire if you screw this one up.

spockhammer
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
470 - 03-13-2011, 19:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyBoy View Post
So how many whiney T1 base "I was on a top 20 OGL team" fags have crawled out from under their bitter little rocks to piss and moan about how bad this game will suck?

I'm sorry, but if that short little teaser trailer didn't give you goose bumps and remind you of all that Tribes was, as well as give you hope for what Tribes could be again, you are not a true Tribes player.

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
471 - 03-13-2011, 19:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
Ummm tribes masters with andrew, swank, woohoo, and i forget who else were the number 1 LT team on the ladder until they dropped because vab, nothing left to prove.
Yeah they were real good too. I forgot about them. -w- beat them regularly tho didn't they? idk. It's been 8 years I think E5 had a team too right?

edit: didn't Masters start playing on the ladder like 6 months after it was started?

Last edited by DrMeithos; 03-13-2011 at 19:21..
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
472 - 03-13-2011, 19:05
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times I deserve to be shot.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
473 - 03-13-2011, 19:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calder View Post
The Tribes Universe forums are painful. I can only hope that the developers pay no attention to the tards on their forums.
Too late...non mmo aspects were something people were asking for the first day the forums went up, so they just decided to make them their own game.

Krayvok
VeteranXV
Old
474 - 03-13-2011, 19:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
See, that is what I don't get. How is playing games like Call of Duty better then something like Legions, which while it is certainly no masterpiece, and has tons of glaring problems, still feels like tribes.

I mean, looking at this video, how does the game not look more fun to play then your conventional shooter, if you loved Tribes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUBDzQmqDZI
almost seems like MA's are easy to hit. I mean He's hitting them on que on first shot most of the time.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
475 - 03-13-2011, 19:25
I want it to be good. It can't be T1 for many reasons but it also isn't CoD or any of its million knockoffs that bore me to tears so that has to be a positive. The market is right imo for something different too i think because of all the CoD type games. Firefall is trying to do something a bit different too in terms of movement. Crysis is more traditional but their suits offer lots of 'different' compared to normal shooters. Clearly there is some desire in the market for things to be 'different' than the standard fps.

(@nofix)
As for the console port = has to be bad i don't exactly get this. As long as mouse+wasd works as expected then i'm not sure what you mean by 'dumbed down'. Tribes 1 wasn't 'complex' from a control stand point. The most complex system was the voice command system which while i think still has a place however VoIP is superior in everyway and even fits the lore of the suit better. you can't tell me those suits wouldn't have voice links.

So now we're down to 1-5 for fast weapon switching (or mousewheel for those of us who spent 90% of our time rocking chain/disc/laser), wasd+space for movement, button 1 to fire, button 2 for jet (or however you set yours up), a button for mine and or nade.

This isnt exactly a complex setup of buttons/axis right? Oh, i forgot a button for push to talk if you use that.

So help me understand why you think the existence of a xbox client automatically presumes the PC version has to be awful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
this is not sarcasm either - i think if u are over 20 (over 18?) and still care about gaming competitively u are gay
i agree to a point, that point being ladder play. however, i dont play games to get my ass kicked. that isn't fun for me. sure my reaction times have slowed a bit over the years but i still kill more than i get killed or i still dps with the best of them or whatever is the metric for ownij in whatever game i'm playing.

if you game and dont care about doing well, helping you and your friends/teamates win then you most certainly do not have tiger blood or adonis dna nor are you bi-winning as such you are in fact a homosexual who gargles sperm instead of mouthwash. good day.

Rev. Zen
VeteranXV
Old
476 - 03-13-2011, 19:37
This thread is why I quit visiting the T:U forums. It sounds just like this except it's every thread.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
477 - 03-13-2011, 19:48
I'm not going to play this as a Tribes game.

I'm going to play it like I play TF2... as an FPS that has a unique twist and classes.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
478 - 03-13-2011, 19:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calder View Post
No kidding. I gave up on that ****hole due to the idiots from Planetside rambling on their collective bull****, the GA idiots rambling on with THEIR own bull**** and the T:V\T2base humpers chiming in as well. Combine that with the fact that HiRez hasn't said anything worth listening to so far it was a waste of breath to even try to be helpful there.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
479 - 03-13-2011, 19:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyBoy View Post

Teaser trailer didn't give me goose bumps. It gave me the douche chills. These guys are beating the drums of a game they had NOTHING to do with. News clips of past reviews and former glory of a completely different company and dev team.

I'm expecting a hurdling Mongolian cluster ****. I'm hoping they prove me wrong.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
480 - 03-13-2011, 19:58
Well the one thing they have going for them is it would be very difficult to be more of a failure than t:v was.

it's a very low bar we're dealing with here

Page 24 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay